Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 07:57:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account recovered: Awesome31312. In defense of reputation  (Read 208 times)
awesome31312 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 01:16:15 PM

Hello.

My account was hacked some time around 2017 by someone who only spoke Turkish and posted on the Turkish board.
He was obsessed with this "bounty thing", and, I am regretful to say, used my account for inappropriate activity. I am not fully certain as to what this was, because I cannot interpret the evidence, but it's there on the "Accounts connected" thread, if anybody wants to check it out.

I on the other hand, only used my account to post mostly in the politics subsection of the board, or to put up ads for buying ebooks on the trading board. I was not involved in the bounty thing at all for as long as I had ownership of my account.

A staked message to the account recovery email address, along with emails sent from the email address I used to register the account were enough to demonstrate ownership of my account.

I would like to thank the user DarkStar_, for flagging my account the moment I alerted the community that my account was hacked here. When DarkStar got on the DT list, the hacker immediately stopped using my account.

I would also like to thank the user suchmoon, for telling me that I "might be able to use your e-mail to get the account back" here

In defense of the allegations that my account awesome31312 is connected with other accounts, I'd like to say that I do not dispute the fact, as I did not have ownership of my account then, and a hacker would not use my account for legitimate reasons. However, I'd also like to affirm that I was not the person who was doing the bad things from my account when it was hacked. I made a thread from another account telling the community my account was hacked October 21, 2017, 12:23:43 AM. I recovered my account August 12, 2019, 12:31:42 PM.

In the past half hour I deleted over a hundred Turkish shitposts from my account, as per the instruction given to me by Accounts Recovery. However, there were many posts I was unable to delete, for various reasons.

I hope this letter will serve in the future as a reference to the negative activity my account has been connected with.

I am happy to answer any questions, possibly even sign messages to prove that what I have said here is true.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 16957

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2019, 02:21:08 PM

In defense of the allegations that my account awesome31312 is connected with other accounts
If your evidence is good enough for the account recovery team, it should be good enough to have red trust removed too.

However, there were many posts I was unable to delete, for various reasons.
You can't delete topics started by you(r account), but you can edit the OP (for example this one and change it to something like: "this was written by the person who hacked my account, see Reference link").
If you can't delete a post, you could try "Report to moderator" on your own post, with a short explanation.

I am happy to answer any questions, possibly even sign messages to prove that what I have said here is true.
If you have a staked address, why didn't you start by signing a message? It's the best possible evidence you can get! Please sign from 12vARzQRPwUf19sCGUNUYasBK1kYu3F3xw and add today's date.

Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 07:55:13 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2019, 01:58:41 PM by Theb
Merited by TECSHARE (1)

I second what LoyceV have to said a signed message from your stake address is more reliable compared to a message coming from your email since your email was also probably affected by the hack itself. So as far as they eyes of any DT member goes you might just be another person who have bought this account who have recently changed the password and email address and is trying to remove the negative feedbacks. Give them the signed message as what Lauda said and your negative trust will be removed from him and maybe DarkStar_ will also follow.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████