Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:48:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stakenet VS Komodo. Atomic Swaps / Lightning Swaps DEX  (Read 482 times)
Marckolind (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 12, 2019, 06:39:12 PM
Merited by ivan1975 (1)

Disclaimer: I'm an investor in both projects, so I'm biased.

So recently I've been reading up A LOT on decentralized trading, and peer to peer transactions. All these complaints on KYC submissions on various exchanges makes me confident that DEX's is gonna blow up in the future. This is EXACTLY why I decided to buy into Komodo, since I believe they'll be a huge player in the next alt season. Their Atomic DEX provides peer to peer trading via atomic swaps, but their recent test transactions took about 9 minutes, and that's quite som time to sit and wait compared to centralized exchange trading, hence why I understand why people don't like the DEX solutions currently available.

Next we got Stakenet, who's building a Lightning DEX, providing offchain peer to peer transactions, with near instant transactions, and lower fees. Lightning hasn't been easy to implement on Bitcoin, and there's a lot of doubters, but from what I've seen, this looks extremely promising, for a lot of reasons:

1) Nobody needs to sync with the DEX to use it, since all the chains is held by the masternodes running the DEX.
2) No KYC
3) No Registration process, just straight trading.

Comparing these 2 projects is hard, but it's obvious that I'm actually starting to be way more bullish on Stakenet, since I believe instant transactions will make people actually USE the DEX.

Not a fan of the whole "Binance DEX", since it's not a DEX in the first place. All the transactions is verified by Binance themselves (they own all the nodes), which isn't decentralized at all.

I'll hold both projects, since Komodo is the "safer" investment for now I guess, but I'm sure Stakenet will eventually outperform them.
Thoughts? Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 12:10:56 AM

Is it already alive?
I have a question that i wanna ask the team about that and when the atomic swap will be alive and how can i get the best rate to swap my token? this should be the main question in the atomic swap service but it looks like stakenet needs more time to go.
Komodo has very well explained about its atomic swap mechanism.
Marckolind (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 07:09:09 PM

Is it already alive?
I have a question that i wanna ask the team about that and when the atomic swap will be alive and how can i get the best rate to swap my token? this should be the main question in the atomic swap service but it looks like stakenet needs more time to go.
Komodo has very well explained about its atomic swap mechanism.

The team behind Komodo recently did a test swap on their DEX, and I believe it took like 9 mins for a trade. It concerns me a lot, since I don't think the vast majority of people is gonna care that much, when centralized exchanges offers the same, but faster?
This is why I made this thread - I truly believe Stakenet's DEX solution is superior compared to KMD. Time will tell though  Wink
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 04:49:40 PM

Komodo is a decent project, which I've been following since the start of 2017, had a great run and their developers seem to know what they're doing. I did see their Atomic Swap test, and was impressed by it, but quickly realized that it's gonna take some real nerds to actually believe in it, and use it for daily trading. It's slow when you think about it. 9 seconds seems like a quick trading time, but in reality, it's like using the internet with 56kbit modem back in the early 2000's.

I believe Stakenet's DEX solution is far more promising, with near instant transactions, privacy, and lower fees. Sure it's a newer project, and they have to prove themselves more than KMD, but it looks promising so far.
AlessandroInnerfire

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 08:01:17 PM

I too am an investor in both projects and think they have potential, but will release it in different ways in the future.

Key-point of Komodo is not DEX, they have different services for different meanings.
Key-point of Stakenet is building a LN blockchain and everything has its focus on this, DEX is one of their services.

Komodo is less focussed than Stakenet, so it's less performing from a blockchain-perspective, since their purpose is providing different services each one independent from others.
While Stakenet has all its services which rounds around their Blockchain and devs focussed their energies to make it perfect.

I mean, they will be both great in the future, but the core logic of their development is different, so it's hard to compare them!

(if the post only meant a DEX-perspective.. well, Stakenet wins, no doubt)
carbon12

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 05:11:14 AM

Komodo team spent ICO half a year ago. Their project, Red Fox, fails like the entire Barterlly and K64 ecosystem.
For example, the price RFOX for 6 days fell by about 50 percent.
August 26, price  0.0392
August 31, price  0,0214
nightflightcourt

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 02:09:36 AM

I look forward to more competition in this field, but I think lightning swaps will put Stakenet miles ahead of the competition for some time to come.
Crytodon

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 05:03:52 AM

Most times "decentralization" is just a fad,what concerns people is "CONVENIENCE"
nightflightcourt

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 06:58:09 PM

Most times "decentralization" is just a fad,what concerns people is "CONVENIENCE"
Why not both? Let's compare buying an altcoin the traditional way vs. buying an altcoin with Stakenet:
1.) Traditional way - register an account at a centralized exchange and possibly wait x amount of days for withdrawals to be enabled from the account so you can send BTC there and, finally, buy the alt whenever the BTC finally comes through (that in itself can take forever). From there, install the alt's wallet on your computer and then send it back to that wallet.
2.) Send BTC to Stakenet Wallet, press a button to swap and maybe another to confirm the swap. No centralized authorities, no waiting for an account to be "verified", no accounts! Just your private wallet and your private keys.
Flux0z

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 06:59:04 PM

Agreed, and Stakenet is exactly that. I think you'd be surprised if you actually tried out their new multi currency wallet. (with Lightning swaps, and TOR integration). It's in beta testing, so you need to join their Discord server, and ask to test it, from what I've seen and heard, it works pretty damn well!
Still waiting for an official release Smiley
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 09:00:38 PM

Stakenet VS Komodo. Atomic Swaps / Lightning Swaps DEX

What coins can you trade on first and what coins can you trade n second exchange? Can you list them please.
Flux0z

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 10:58:28 PM

Stakenet VS Komodo. Atomic Swaps / Lightning Swaps DEX

What coins can you trade on first and what coins can you trade n second exchange? Can you list them please.

There are 2 types of ways you'll be able to trade.

Atomic Swaps
Lightning Swaps

You can do atomic swaps with a lot of coins, way more projects have integrated atomic swaps, compared to Lightning Swaps (For now).

To begin with, you'll be able to trade: BTC/LTC/XSN over Lightning, and as soon as USDT moves to Lightning as well, it's gonna be added as well I'm sure.
This means that you'll be able to spend XSN EVERYWHERE where BTC is accepted as payment. These cross chain transactions will make XSN useful in many ways, including Cross Chain Staking (Check their roadmap). It basically means, you'll be able to STAKE XSN, but instead of recieving XSN, you can choose to recieve BTC or LTC payments instead. So by holding your XSN on a hardware device, you'll be able to make passive BTC gains in the future, which is pretty damn cool Wink

As always, do your own research on the project!
Marckolind (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 06:13:21 PM

Which is EXACTLY why Stakenet is such an awesome project. The Stakenet DEX don't need your personal info, accounts, or anything like that, but one of the best parts is, you don't need to sync up with the network before you start trading either, as all the chains is hosted by the nodes running the DEX.
Not only that, but you'll be able to trade instantenously, with very very low fees.

THAT's "CONVENIENCE" to me at least Smiley
HighlanderToken
Copper Member

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2019, 07:30:03 PM

Not all projects that called themselves a DEX are the same.  Saturn.Network for example is a true DEX, don't Trust - Verify..
"Saturn Network is decentralized exchange for trading Ethereum & Ethereum Classic tokens. Saturn Network is censorship free featuring automated token self-listing and wallet to wallet trading with no deposits or withdrawals required. All paid trading fees are reimbursed with SATURN tokens, and all collected trading fees are shared among SATURN token holders."
1. NO KYC
2. All on change orderbooks
3. Projects are free to self list

Flux0z

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 06:22:02 PM

Not all projects that called themselves a DEX are the same.  Saturn.Network for example is a true DEX, don't Trust - Verify..
"Saturn Network is decentralized exchange for trading Ethereum & Ethereum Classic tokens. Saturn Network is censorship free featuring automated token self-listing and wallet to wallet trading with no deposits or withdrawals required. All paid trading fees are reimbursed with SATURN tokens, and all collected trading fees are shared among SATURN token holders."
1. NO KYC
2. All on change orderbooks
3. Projects are free to self list

It's nice to see a lot of DEX solutions launching these days.
The Saturn.Network, does it ONLY work with ERC20 tokens? Kind of sucks if it doesn't even support LTC, BTC, or any of the other major coins out there?
Also, I doubt trading is instant, since it would be a centralized solution in that case. Only way to do instant transactions on a DEX, is by using Lightning to route payments back and fourth.

I'll do my own research on the project, thanks for posting man Smiley
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 07:08:19 PM

Have you checked to see how long it now takes  to transfer on komodo? I assume transactions took that long in the past because it was being tested...

1) Nobody needs to sync with the DEX to use it, since all the chains is held by the masternodes running the DEX.
I guess the masternodes are rewarded for this?

Not a fan of the whole "Binance DEX", since it's not a DEX in the first place. All the transactions is verified by Binance themselves (they own all the nodes), which isn't decentralized at all.
This doesn't even qualify as decentralized exchange. Shouldn't have been called a DEX. 
I bet the developers would say they took this route for the sake of speed and capacity.
bluntlee

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 09:26:15 PM

I dont know much about stakenet but do they have any actual products or DEX to try?

Komodo just made their atomic dex beta public. So that is a product you can get your hands on and test right now.
Seems like stakenet still has a long way to go before any tangible product is out.

https://atomicdex.io/

works on both ios device and android

Flux0z

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 06:38:27 PM

Have you checked to see how long it now takes  to transfer on komodo? I assume transactions took that long in the past because it was being tested...

I guess the masternodes are rewarded for this?

This doesn't even qualify as decentralized exchange. Shouldn't have been called a DEX. 
I bet the developers would say they took this route for the sake of speed and capacity.

Well, it transaction times depend on the coin pairs you want to trade, but I can assure you that none of those trades will be even remotely close to being instant, which bothers me a lot, as I don't see why anyone would sit there and wait, when they could trade instantenously on a centralized exchange?

Yes, the masternodes are rewarded for any dApp they run. The DEX is just ONE dApp which will run on Stakenet. Another dApp currently in open BETA testing is their multi currency wallet with inbuilt lightning swaps, and TOR-integration. The DEX will be implemented into it later on, so you'll have everything in one place. This allows for a lot of cross chain transaction capabilities, including but not limited to: CCPOS (Cross Chain Proof Of Stake), which means you'll be able to STAKE XSN, and be rewarded in BTC if you'd like.

I dont know much about stakenet but do they have any actual products or DEX to try?

Komodo just made their atomic dex beta public. So that is a product you can get your hands on and test right now.
Seems like stakenet still has a long way to go before any tangible product is out.

Stakenet's Lightning DEX is actually close to being finished, and their multi currency wallet is in open BETA currently. These will be 2 dApps, powered and run by the masternodes.

Komodo has been in the game for much much longer than Stakenet, yet Stakenet is progressing extremely fast, considering the things they build is worlds first.

To name a few:

TPOS - Trustless Proof Of Stake. First Cold staking solution, invented and coded by the Stakenet team
Multi Currency Lightning Wallet, with inbuilt lightning swaps, (litteraly with a push of a button), and integrated TOR-integration
Lightning DEX which is the first DEX in the world to be powered by a huge network of masternodes, which is gonna route payments through the lightning network.
And much more to come...

Do your own research, Komodo is a very promising project, but it's got a marketcap 17X of Stakenet's. Wink Which is more than enough of a reason to pay attention to this gem of a project.
Marckolind (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2019, 09:00:55 PM

They've got their staking platform for a while now. Cloud.Stakenet.io - XSN, Stratis, and PIVX is supported - Centralized solution to get newbies started with staking.

They invented TPOS - Trustless Proof Of Stake. Works by staking through a merchant who will run a VPS for you, and take a commission for it.  (Both parties gotta accept the percentage fee). The merchant wont be able to spend, or move your coins, just stake it. You can be your own merchant, or find someone who wants to stake your coins.

Next in line is their multi currency lightning wallet - Which is gonna beat most other multi wallets out there, by providing lightning transactions by clicking on a button, no technical stuff needed. Masternodes will route the transactions in the backend. No need to sync, TOR-integration for privacy, and the DEX is gonna be integrated in the wallet later on.
The multi currency wallet is completed, but currently in open BETA, will be released very soon.
Altseasonmike

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:33:47 PM

Is it known what kind of pairs would be available at Launch?

Nice to hear about that progress.
Cant wait for the first reviews on that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: