Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:38:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stakenet VS Komodo. Atomic Swaps / Lightning Swaps DEX  (Read 482 times)
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 06:27:35 PM

Is it known what kind of pairs would be available at Launch?

Nice to hear about that progress.
Cant wait for the first reviews on that.

Not entirely sure yet, but I believe to start off we'll have the following coins supported:

BTC
LTC
XSN

USDT will hopefully be added as well (and other stable coins perhaps). Groestlcoin is also a project that has caught interest, as they are on lightning too.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Altseasonmike

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 09:05:24 PM

Usdt Sounds interesting to me.

So it would be possible to thether up in Wallet.

Would be a very nice feature in times like this  Grin
Flux0z

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 12:53:23 PM

Usdt Sounds interesting to me.

So it would be possible to thether up in Wallet.

Would be a very nice feature in times like this  Grin

Yeah, it definitely would have saved me a ton of money seeing BTC drop as heavy as it did yesterday. It was down like 18%? Could have saved at least 10% of that loss using tethering up instantly.
Altseasonmike

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 05:58:20 PM

And there is no KYC right?
That annoys me much.
Specialy since all that Exchange hacks.
Flux0z

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 07:03:49 PM

And there is no KYC right?
That annoys me much.
Specialy since all that Exchange hacks.

No, there is no such thing as accounts, registrations, or any personal details needed.

You also don't need to sync with the network, manage multiple wallets at once, or anything like that. You've got everything in one place basically.
Altseasonmike

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 09:36:22 AM

So as there is nobody involved within my wallet then, will there be a Backup functionality to save my fundings?
Flux0z

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 01:12:44 PM

So as there is nobody involved within my wallet then, will there be a Backup functionality to save my fundings?

You can backup your wallet using a random combination of 12 words, it's the same way the Exodus wallet functions, if you're familiar with it.  Smiley
Altseasonmike

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 04:55:24 PM

Got it  Wink
Marckolind (OP)

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 10:11:22 PM

Is it known what kind of pairs would be available at Launch?

Nice to hear about that progress.
Cant wait for the first reviews on that.

Not entirely sure yet, but I believe to start off we'll have the following coins supported:

BTC
LTC
XSN

USDT will hopefully be added as well (and other stable coins perhaps). Groestlcoin is also a project that has caught interest, as they are on lightning too.

Will ERC20 tokens be supported assets as well? I'd love that since I'm a pretty big holder of Chainlink among other tokens. Smiley
Altseasonmike

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 03:33:38 PM

Dig into the Whitepaper  Cool
They use a tokenization Process for non lightning Coins.
Marckolind (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 05:57:54 PM

Dig into the Whitepaper  Cool
They use a tokenization Process for non lightning Coins.

Cool, sounds like a workable solution. Guess I'm gonna read the white paper as well to understand the bigger picture here.

Thanks Mike.  Grin
Altseasonmike

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 04:42:48 PM

Here also a helpfull link to understand the bigger picture  Cool

https://link.medium.com/0qRwjPtJs0
wolfington12

Activity: 17

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 06:18:24 PM

KmD is not lightning network based right? Just atomic swaps? I am at a bit of loss understanding why they went this route instead of lightning network like XSN?
CCNCCN

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 08:43:46 AM

Are both techs incompatible?
Marckolind (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 12:58:54 PM

KmD is not lightning network based right? Just atomic swaps? I am at a bit of loss understanding why they went this route instead of lightning network like XSN?

Correct. Atomic swaps is used on all DEX solutions this far (unless we're talking about a fake DEX)

Lightning is instant, Atomic Swaps is not.

Are both techs incompatible?

Well, there is a huge difference between the projects. Stakenet's Multi Currency Wallet, will have the DEX itself integrated into it, this means you'll have everything in the same place, making it extremely convenient, and user friendly.
You'll be able to store/send/recieve, and trade all once. Pretty cool when the Multicurrency Lightning Wallet get's released as a mobile app as well, which makes it possible to trade on the go.

Beats Komodo by a long shot, but Stakenet is yet to release their DEX, and Komodo already has one running, so there's that. Smiley
shah2016

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 06, 2019, 09:04:32 AM

i am a huge fan of stakenet because devs of stakenet doing incredible job in lightning network. Currently they are working on MCLW and the true lightning  dex. Mobile version of stakenet wallet is in progress (95%) and  mobile wallet will be compatible on all devices and allow users to access our wallet and its features directly from their mobile device. Many many more features
Flux0z

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 02:43:22 PM

i am a huge fan of stakenet because devs of stakenet doing incredible job in lightning network. Currently they are working on MCLW and the true lightning  dex. Mobile version of stakenet wallet is in progress (95%) and  mobile wallet will be compatible on all devices and allow users to access our wallet and its features directly from their mobile device. Many many more features

Cross Chain Proof Of Stake (CCPOS) is something I'm very excited about as well. Should be able to work with Ledger and Trezor, as a cold staking solution. Which means, you can hold XSN, and recieve passive BTC transactions daily on your Ledger, that's something I believe will get a lot of hype eventually. Smiley
Altseasonmike

View Profile
October 07, 2019, 10:11:59 PM

Looks like TPoS from Trezor is in his finishing.
Seen TPoS Tab now on xsnexplorer.io

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 02:53:43 AM

Disclaimer: I'm an investor in both projects, so I'm biased.

So recently I've been reading up A LOT on decentralized trading, and peer to peer transactions. All these complaints on KYC submissions on various exchanges makes me confident that DEX's is gonna blow up in the future. This is EXACTLY why I decided to buy into Komodo, since I believe they'll be a huge player in the next alt season. Their Atomic DEX provides peer to peer trading via atomic swaps, but their recent test transactions took about 9 minutes, and that's quite som time to sit and wait compared to centralized exchange trading, hence why I understand why people don't like the DEX solutions currently available.

Next we got Stakenet, who's building a Lightning DEX, providing offchain peer to peer transactions, with near instant transactions, and lower fees. Lightning hasn't been easy to implement on Bitcoin, and there's a lot of doubters, but from what I've seen, this looks extremely promising, for a lot of reasons:

1) Nobody needs to sync with the DEX to use it, since all the chains is held by the masternodes running the DEX.
2) No KYC
3) No Registration process, just straight trading.

Comparing these 2 projects is hard, but it's obvious that I'm actually starting to be way more bullish on Stakenet, since I believe instant transactions will make people actually USE the DEX.

Not a fan of the whole "Binance DEX", since it's not a DEX in the first place. All the transactions is verified by Binance themselves (they own all the nodes), which isn't decentralized at all.

I'll hold both projects, since Komodo is the "safer" investment for now I guess, but I'm sure Stakenet will eventually outperform them.
Thoughts? Smiley

I'd agree with your general sentiment.

Yes, Stakenet could potentially be very successful. But the amount of shills for this project that i've seen based off browsing this section of the forum is a bit too much for my liking in my personal opinion. It could just be investors, but it could also be official parties trying to use the forum as a guerilla marketing tactic.

Komodo on the other hand has been around for longer, and has had a proven team and track record. Perhaps lower returns, but much lower risk as well.
Flux0z

View Profile
October 08, 2019, 06:34:36 PM

Disclaimer: I'm an investor in both projects, so I'm biased.

So recently I've been reading up A LOT on decentralized trading, and peer to peer transactions. All these complaints on KYC submissions on various exchanges makes me confident that DEX's is gonna blow up in the future. This is EXACTLY why I decided to buy into Komodo, since I believe they'll be a huge player in the next alt season. Their Atomic DEX provides peer to peer trading via atomic swaps, but their recent test transactions took about 9 minutes, and that's quite som time to sit and wait compared to centralized exchange trading, hence why I understand why people don't like the DEX solutions currently available.

Next we got Stakenet, who's building a Lightning DEX, providing offchain peer to peer transactions, with near instant transactions, and lower fees. Lightning hasn't been easy to implement on Bitcoin, and there's a lot of doubters, but from what I've seen, this looks extremely promising, for a lot of reasons:

1) Nobody needs to sync with the DEX to use it, since all the chains is held by the masternodes running the DEX.
2) No KYC
3) No Registration process, just straight trading.

Comparing these 2 projects is hard, but it's obvious that I'm actually starting to be way more bullish on Stakenet, since I believe instant transactions will make people actually USE the DEX.

Not a fan of the whole "Binance DEX", since it's not a DEX in the first place. All the transactions is verified by Binance themselves (they own all the nodes), which isn't decentralized at all.

I'll hold both projects, since Komodo is the "safer" investment for now I guess, but I'm sure Stakenet will eventually outperform them.
Thoughts? Smiley

I'd agree with your general sentiment.

Yes, Stakenet could potentially be very successful. But the amount of shills for this project that i've seen based off browsing this section of the forum is a bit too much for my liking in my personal opinion. It could just be investors, but it could also be official parties trying to use the forum as a guerilla marketing tactic.

Komodo on the other hand has been around for longer, and has had a proven team and track record. Perhaps lower returns, but much lower risk as well.

I've been an investor in Stakenet since it's very beginning, and it's frustrates me that projects with a LOT less going for them sits on marketcaps worth hundreds of millions of dollars, with absolutely 0 use cases, or utilities whatsoever.
I've been posting about Stakenet here a lot, truly because I love the project, and believe in it. I'm in no way part of the actual team, just want to make people aware of the project, that's basically it.

Komodo is a decent project as well, as stated, I do hold some - since I believe both projects will do well on their own. Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: