Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 01:44:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clone coins that use Ethereum code base to scam  (Read 148 times)
hd49728 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1039

Not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 03:36:05 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2019, 04:55:29 AM by hd49728

People who have been in crypto for too long, surely get enough experience to stay away from those clone, scam projects. Unfortunately, new crypto newbies might easily fall into scammers' traps. To help them have some good examples, and proofs of those clone, scam projects, from which they will have better knowledge to find out other scam projects that use same strategies to steal their private keys and money.

There are some scam projects that cloned Ethereum code base and set up traps to steal private keys from naive, greedy guys.
I list scam projects and scam accusations against them.

[ANN] [ETCV] Ethereum Classic Vision | Fork 3:1 of Ethereum
Ethereum Classic Vision scam

[ANN][FREE]🚀ETHEREUM CASH COIN🚀[HARD FORK]GET 3%-100%ETH EVERY DAY
Conslantinople Ethereum Plus [ ponzi scheme ]

💥[ANN]💥ETHEREUM BEACON - A rapid transition to Proof-of-Stake ✈️. Ethereum Beacon - scam project / phishing website asking for private keys

Ethereum Card
Plagiarised whitepaper

Recent months, DT members react fastly to those clone, scam projects by fastly leaving negative trust feedbacks on those OPs, just hours or a few days after they created ANN of scam projects.
Psynthax

Activity: 2338
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 04:18:55 AM

It looks like you are still missing some shitscam ethereum clone like ethereum card. i would like to see that shitscam coin will be listed in your list dude. When they fail with those scam ethereum clones and then they will create a new one.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Miklight88
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

GDZKVBV3L3JU5TFDBWMUMPZAHD3OSM2I3TAJRWPG7KU5U4UZCI

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 06:22:06 AM

This people are making the industry to look more scam to newbies and that is why we still have a very low adoption as almost every newbies are getting scammed which made many thought bitcoin and the rest are all scam. I think ETH need to put in place some features to stop any token that is trying to use others smart contract to scam people .
hd49728 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 01:43:55 AM

This people are making the industry to look more scam to newbies and that is why we still have a very low adoption as almost every newbies are getting scammed which made many thought bitcoin and the rest are all scam. I think ETH need to put in place some features to stop any token that is trying to use others smart contract to scam people .
Not only newbies get scammed by them, but also old users get scammed too. Especially people who joined forum long time ago, but have not yet spent too much time to read and learn about crypto in the forum. The forum has loads of legends whom are readily to help if someone ask for help, technically. But if someone join the forum, just to post shits, and join bounties, over years, they won't be able to get any  kind of knowledge and skills in return. Then, someday they will fall in greedy mood, and get scammed.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 03:20:06 AM

Not only newbies get scammed by them, but also old users get scammed too. Especially people who joined forum long time ago, but have not yet spent too much time to read and learn about crypto in the forum. The forum has loads of legends whom are readily to help if someone ask for help, technically. But if someone join the forum, just to post shits, and join bounties, over years, they won't be able to get any  kind of knowledge and skills in return. Then, someday they will fall in greedy mood, and get scammed.

I've been here for like 2 years now and still getting fooled by this. I guess I shouldn't trust those Ethereum clones from now on. I think the only reason why even some old members are getting fooled is because past clones made dollars worth of Token (even I got a jackpot from one of those) which is why some are still trying their luck.

Good thing that I haven't done anything that would compromise my wallet though.
hd49728 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 05:06:01 AM

All clones should not be trusted, whatsoever they clone from, Ethereum, Bitcoin, Monero, etc. If they are clone coins, they are untrusted. Untrusted for their future success, and there are probability that they also try to steal money from disclosing private keys
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 05:14:24 AM

By this way we can say what all forked from original code projects is scam.
There i can add one more scam scheme, creating clone tokens and trade on etherdelta

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: