Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:43:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Session verification failed error | Brave shields  (Read 240 times)
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3608

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 04:45:32 AM

Recently I got a lot of Session verification failed errors. Which makes me have to delete (cookies & password) and re-login again, but even this solution does not work until disabling Brave shields.
What is the wrong Shields setting[1] that makes me get this error? "It's getting annoying and repeating every day."
Does someone else have the same problem on the same browser?

If you click a link or send a form that contains the wrong code, then you get the "session verification failed" error. This can happen when your code changes, but you're still looking at the old version of the page for some reason. Aggressive caching could cause this. Or maybe your browser is discarding the PHPSESSID cookie very frequently for some reason; your session code changes whenever you're issued a new PHPSESSID.
I think that's the cause of the problem but what is the solution? Even closing Shields requires repeating it almost daily.

[1] https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022973471-What-is-Shields-

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3053

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 04:58:59 AM

Recently I got a lot of Session verification failed errors. Which makes me have to delete (cookies & password) and re-login again, but even this solution does not work until disabling Brave shields.
What is the wrong Shields setting[1] that makes me get this error? "It's getting annoying and repeating every day."
Does someone else have the same problem on the same browser?

If you click a link or send a form that contains the wrong code, then you get the "session verification failed" error. This can happen when your code changes, but you're still looking at the old version of the page for some reason. Aggressive caching could cause this. Or maybe your browser is discarding the PHPSESSID cookie very frequently for some reason; your session code changes whenever you're issued a new PHPSESSID.
I think that's the cause of the problem but what is the solution? Even closing Shields requires repeating it almost daily.

[1] https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022973471-What-is-Shields-

You need to green/white list the bitcointalk.org website, or else the PHPSESSID cookie will be blocked.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Baronets

Activity: 92
Merit: 15

Baronets is the Jet Cash domain management service

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2019, 03:41:09 PM

I'd be interested to know if there is a problem with the Brave browser. I use it all over the place, on Windows 10 and Linux via public WiFi, tethered, and on cable, and I haven't had any problems. I even use the Tor window. The only problem I had was trying to install the browser on the latest Mint release, but hopefully there has been a new release, and that is OK now,

Baronets is a private domain management service owned by Jet Cash.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 05:15:14 PM
Merited by Foxpup (3)

I changed the name of the cookie. Does that fix it?

If Brave is blocking PHPSESSID cookies, then that's definitely broken behavior on their end. PHPSESSID is not some sort of tracking cookie; it's used for PHP's session management feature.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2019, 04:25:39 AM

I changed the name of the cookie. Does that fix it?
I still get this error but at a very low rate, maybe I got it twice in the last hours and it was resolved once the page was updated (Without deactivating the shields.)
It is no longer annoying so I think the problem has been solved. Thanks.
I will lock this topic within 24 hours.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
hugeblack (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 08:32:09 AM

It’s back again but this time worse.
Too many errors when trying to "LOGOUT/  edit post/ delete post/  unlock topics/ mark all messages as read"
"Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again" when I try to send Merits.
However, I can post and watch topics.

I tried deleting all cookies but didn't give any result.
Do I need to upgrade my browser or try a new browser?

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Philipma1957cellphone

Activity: 416
Merit: 125

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 02:04:29 PM

I get this with mac safari I get this with iPad safari. Happened today. I find that shutting safari and then opening it fixes issue.  I do not get this on my android cellphone. Using chrome.

This is philipma1957 alt. Do not conduct business  with this account
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: