Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pre segwit source code  (Read 226 times)
bartekjagoda (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 09:56:11 AM

Is there a page where I can download pre-segwit source code of bitcoin core to setup a local test network?

thank you in advance

Ich liebe Bitcoin
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 10:10:12 AM

In Bitcoin Core v0.13.1 SegWit softfork activation parameters were introduced and v0.13.0 included some preparations, so you should be fine with the v0.12.1. You can download the source code directly from the official GitHub page.
bartekjagoda (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2019, 02:10:01 PM

In Bitcoin Core v0.13.1 SegWit softfork activation parameters were introduced and v0.13.0 included some preparations, so you should be fine with the v0.12.1. You can download the source code directly from the official GitHub page.

Thank you.

What do I need to do to start a genesis block and start to mine locally from lets say block 10,000 to setup a local bitcoin "fork"

thanks in advance

Ich liebe Bitcoin
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 06:13:43 AM
Merited by ABCbits (1), TryNinja (1), DaCryptoRaccoon (1)

What do I need to do to start a genesis block and start to mine locally from lets say block 10,000 to setup a local bitcoin "fork"
For that, you need to run the bitcoind or bitcoin core with the regtest mode. A regtest mode is completely different from a testnet mode. With regtest, you can create your own blocks whenever you need and you will be having a very less difficulty as how satoshi mined the initial blocks. Note that a regtest application is no way related to testnet which is very much similar to the mainnet application.

Do the following to enter regtest mode :

Open Bitcoin Core GUI application. Then go to Settings -> Options -> Open Configuration File. Type regtest=1, save it and reopen the core application. In the console type

Code:
generate 101

to generate 101 blocks and receive the 50 BTC which can be used for local testing purposes.
bartekjagoda (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 06:09:27 PM

Open Bitcoin Core GUI application. Then go to Settings -> Options -> Open Configuration File. Type regtest=1, save it and reopen the core application. In the console type

Code:
generate 101

to generate 101 blocks and receive the 50 BTC which can be used for local testing purposes.

thank you!

Ich liebe Bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: