Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:26:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Blockchain-based social media worth it?  (Read 769 times)
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 06:43:04 PM

It is worth noting that the same Facebook did not immediately receive recognition and became one of the largest social networks, it took years. As for the social networks on the blockchain, their appearance certainly attracted the attention of a part of the community, but not as large as there are not many people in the crypto sphere. However, it turns out that every year new people come to the crypto industry and the crypto community grows, which means that sooner or later social networks on blockchain will get more users and will probably become leaders in this direction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 06:56:35 PM

Truly speaking, for me as a simple social media platform user, there is no difference if its blockchain driven or not. Blockchain is all about secure, faster transactions and transparency. When it comes to advertisement or marketing part with these social medias, then there could be some influence of blockchain technology into it.
However, I see a great advantage to platform owner than its user if its based on blockchain technology.

landoffaucets

Activity: 1204
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 07:00:04 PM

I think that only Voice could make an impact in the world. But there are so many social media platforms with billions of active users, I am pretty negative that some of them will change their favorite platforms and switch to new ones.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 04:40:50 PM

I think there is a future in blockchain-based social media platforms, although Steem has taken the lead it still needs more improvements so as to stand a better chance to challenge platforms like medium. The competitive advantage Steem has is, it is based on blockchain and rewards its users which no centralized systems has done so far. Nevertheless, there have been many social media platforms which had good concept at first then later on missed it entirely and are no where to be found, a good example is Enlte. So I think if really developers will stick to their main idea, there will be more and better blockchain-based social media platforms.

Agree. Steem still has a competitive advantage over other Blockchain-based alternatives. All it needs is a better user experience, and marketing/promotion in order to take the world of social media by storm. It's important to keep in mind, that Facebook and Twitter are big players in the industry with a lot of people using them. If Steem or any other Blockchain-based alternative wants to take down these giants, they need to become aggressive in terms of marketing/promotion. With an ample adoption within the mainstream world, Blockchain-based social media platforms could become largely successful.

The reward model of Steem and most other Blockchain-based social media platforms could become quite attractive for people within the mainstream world. After all, this is not present within traditional services like Facebook and Twitter. Getting rewarded for delivering good content, will encourage users to focus on quality instead of quantity. With no intrusive ads willing to steal our most valuable information, Blockchain alternatives could be the way of the future. However, everything will depend on how many people support them on top of traditional services like the ones mentioned earlier. In due time, Blockchain-based alternatives may be able to improve every step of the way until they gather a large number of users capable of competing against established players. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 04:47:36 PM

Truly speaking, for me as a simple social media platform user, there is no difference if its blockchain driven or not. Blockchain is all about secure, faster transactions and transparency. When it comes to advertisement or marketing part with these social medias, then there could be some influence of blockchain technology into it.
However, I see a great advantage to platform owner than its user if its based on blockchain technology.
you must understand that if social networks are created on the blockchain, you will see what is happening with your data and at least you will understand how the system of the social network itself is structured

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 06:23:39 PM

it's very feasible because with blockchain we can be anonymous on social media and our personal data is also safe. but unfortunately, there are already too many people who are comfortable with mainstream platforms, so it is difficult to get people to switch to using blockchain-based social media.

this is the problem now, there are many who want their personal data safe. but they don't want to use another platform.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
bustedsynx

Activity: 859
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 06:36:02 PM

It is a niche for now. Remember most people in the Internet are used to easy usage of web services, not all people can navigate Github, lol. When the perfect blockchain-based social media comes along, it will be better than Facebook - faster, not much ads, user-friendly, without users knowing it's blockchain-based.

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade crypto with FTX - 5% off fees with this link
leftgirly

Activity: 132
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 07:04:54 PM

Blockchain technology and social media is certainly the next big thing in the very near future. People spend most of their free time on social media interacting with family and  friends without earning a penny. Time is changing and blockchain based social media platforms such as steemit  started the revolution to  reward users who are very active.
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 07:36:50 PM

For all these blockchain-based social networks, it will be a difficult task to get such popularity among users that Facebook and Twitter have now. Since many people don't want to change their habits and preferences. One of the reasons to chang this may be payment for their labor. And maybe I agree, that Steem is the most sought after.
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 07:52:02 PM

A lot of block chain based sites, which are used a platforms for communication are now coming up, but some of them do not have their indigenous tokens or coins, rather they make use of those from other blockchains. Also, it us not as if they really have their own blockchain, most still make use of ethereum block chain.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 08:27:23 PM

I don't think it is a question of whether it will be worth it or not. The real question is what unique value will another social media platform add that the ones (non-blockchain) on-ground at the moment lack? If you will bring up a project on blockchain then it has to be unique or at least have some interesting elements that other existing platforms lack

SolarWindMiningCompany

Activity: 966
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 09:29:14 PM

After Blockchain's success within the mainstream world, we've seen various implementations of it into areas of finance, notarization of documents, proof of identity, and more. Yet, one of the most exciting implementations of the Blockchain has been social media, in my opinion. The first-ever social media platform was Steem, but other alternatives started to gain traction after it. We now have AKASHA (ETH Blockchain), HyperSpace (AMP cryptocurrency), and even Voice (EOS Blockchain).

With so many Blockchain implementations of a social network, it's becoming evident that this is the industry of the future. Of course, none of the mentioned platforms have been able to overcome Facebook or even Twitter. But the potential is there, to help change our world for the better. Still though, the number of users within these platforms are not comparable to the likes of Facebook.

Which makes me wonder, if Blockchain-based social media platforms are actually worth it? Do you think there's a future for them? Or are they just a niche? Huh

I think the social media niche equally needs a blockchain touch. There are conspicuous problems in social media that can be solved using blockchain. For example security of users data and then advertising right theft which can be solved using the zero knowledge technology. However, implementation is a problem and I hope that one or more of these blockchain social media platforms like Howdoo, Contentos, VID etc can solve it

center]
ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 09:55:09 PM

For now no blockchain based social media platform has gone mainstream, none can compete with the social media platforms everyone use on daily basis. I thought VOICE will make a difference, but right now I doubt if that's possible anymore. I think we need developers who will come up with something new and rewarding to outperform the mighty social media like facebook, twitter, Instagram etc. I do believe since blockchain is cutting across all sectors, that won't be an exception in the long run.
tranduong123
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 03:30:33 AM

Blockchain-based social networks are still young and I believe they will grow in the future. I don't think they can be facebook or twitter because these platforms are so popular now, moreover Facebook and twiter can also apply blockchain in their platform, and facebook is currently deploying Libra.
wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 03:46:18 AM

Social media will be used by many people because there are functions and features that are easy, and of course already active with relevant topics. CBNT is the same project, now their fate is unknown, there is no latest news.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:01:49 AM

Blockchain technology is getting adopted on all forms, social media is not an exception. Already we've got few platforms serving in this, importantly steem leads the market with its tremendous quality of work and detailing. Apart from this there is social networking based payment and transaction support from status.io, which has an easy usage interface. Maybe over the days we can expect more and more similar platforms getting into existence.

Maybe Facebook too could get into the blockchain technology as they've come up with their own libra coin which is a step forward towards the technology adoption focusing the future generations who are completely dependent on technology.
btcholder

Activity: 686
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:02:23 PM

<snip>

Blockchain technology is really awesome. They already gain their success. But it's too difficult to survive for blockchain based social media right now. I don't know about future but if there is some chance for that it need long time though. People like mainstream social media like facebook or twitter. But i won't be surprise if blockchain based social media replace mainstream social media.

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:35:01 PM

<snip>

Blockchain technology is really awesome. They already gain their success. But it's too difficult to survive for blockchain based social media right now. I don't know about future but if there is some chance for that it need long time though. People like mainstream social media like facebook or twitter. But i won't be surprise if blockchain based social media replace mainstream social media.
Lets be honest here, blockchain based social media is just really unnecessary. Blockchain is good for financial technology and other things aswell except social media.
The sole purpose of using blockchain in social media as I've observed is only to reward the writers and people to interact and there's nothing more. It is the same as paying people just to keep using your platform and they could be gone when the wallet is draining.

|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
armarsterling7

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2019, 04:45:59 PM

After Blockchain's success within the mainstream world, we've seen various implementations of it into areas of finance, notarization of documents, proof of identity, and more. Yet, one of the most exciting implementations of the Blockchain has been social media, in my opinion. The first-ever social media platform was Steem, but other alternatives started to gain traction after it. We now have AKASHA (ETH Blockchain), HyperSpace (AMP cryptocurrency), and even Voice (EOS Blockchain).

With so many Blockchain implementations of a social network, it's becoming evident that this is the industry of the future. Of course, none of the mentioned platforms have been able to overcome Facebook or even Twitter. But the potential is there, to help change our world for the better. Still though, the number of users within these platforms are not comparable to the likes of Facebook.

Which makes me wonder, if Blockchain-based social media platforms are actually worth it? Do you think there's a future for them? Or are they just a niche? Huh
  I think blockchain technology will be used a lot in the future. Because now they are popular around the world, many universities or professors in information technology learn about them. so I feel that applying blockchain technology to social media is really a potential idea

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2019, 05:21:13 PM

Social media to promote crypto its a golden but as main platform to earn or trade crypto its not. because it will change the initial concept of the media itself.
not a source of content anymore. but to be a forum community it's very good. and also it will be the same blockchain platform the thing make difference only they had their own media.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: