Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:15:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Blockchain-based social media worth it?  (Read 779 times)
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 02:44:16 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but once the world adopts crypto, there will be a real necessity for block chain social networks.
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 03:51:45 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong, but once the world adopts crypto, there will be a real necessity for block chain social networks.

Why? The world can adopt crypto and use it to pay for centralized services.
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 04:18:15 PM

I prefer a decentralized platform based on blockchain instead of companies that have central data repositories such as Facebook and Twitter and sell these repositories to people whenever they want.
I fully believe that Blockchain has a 10-year history and can do much better over time. Before that, the spark that starts with Steemit can turn into a flame with Voice. I'm especially looking forward to what EOS will do with Voice.
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:09:46 PM

I prefer a decentralized platform based on blockchain instead of companies that have central data repositories such as Facebook and Twitter and sell these repositories to people whenever they want.
I fully believe that Blockchain has a 10-year history and can do much better over time. Before that, the spark that starts with Steemit can turn into a flame with Voice. I'm especially looking forward to what EOS will do with Voice.
Well with steemit you will still be required to sign up and fill in some of your datas it's basically the same as using facebook and Twitter if that's the case. I just don't expect the implementation of blockchain to be really effective for blockchain-based social media. I actually prefer an Internet Relay Chat-like social media that looks suitable for decentralized social media platform.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 12:12:08 AM

Blockchain technology is getting adopted on all forms, social media is not an exception. Already we've got few platforms serving in this, importantly steem leads the market with its tremendous quality of work and detailing. Apart from this there is social networking based payment and transaction support from status.io, which has an easy usage interface. Maybe over the days we can expect more and more similar platforms getting into existence.

Maybe Facebook too could get into the blockchain technology as they've come up with their own libra coin which is a step forward towards the technology adoption focusing the future generations who are completely dependent on technology.

Blockchain-based social media platforms could become a success if people in the mainstream world adopt them. So far, traditional social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter are still in the lead because of their ease-of-use (not to mention that most people trust them these days). In order for Blockchain-based alternatives to gather a lot of people into them, they would need to focus on user-experience, and most of all, marketing/promotion. There's no other way around it. Once that happens, then Steem and other platforms could become highly successful within the mainstream world. However, since Blockchain technology still has its limitations (mostly in the area of scalability), it may take a long time before Blockchain-based social media platforms could become a big hit worldwide.

One thing for sure, is that Facebook has started adopting Blockchain technology by devising a digital currency of its own. If it manages to transition its social network platform into the Blockchain realm, then no other competitor might be able to stand on its way. It's all a matter of which platform comes first into adopting Blockchain technology for their own benefit. With the huge number of users Facebook and Twitter have, their adoption of Blockchain technology might result in the death of alternatives like Steem and Voice. But time will tell us, what will be the fate of Blockchain's integration within social media as we know it. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
htsy585

Activity: 573
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 10:10:21 PM

They will be worth it in the future as adoption gains momentum. Most blockchain based social media can't be judged as cryptocurrency and blockchain remains in its early stage. The vision and mission is clear and it will only take a bit more time to materialise
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 11:00:42 PM

Of course, it is a unique niche and very potential. Social media is widely used to show existence, modern people like it very much. When combined with cryptocurrency, especially with techniques and strategies that provide many benefits to its users, I think more people will be open to accepting cryptocurrency.

negancoin

Activity: 560
Merit: 126

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 11:21:04 PM

Libra from facebook would remove any hope for those Blockchain-based social media to replace traditional social media, by this move we already know how giant companies will reach once Blockchain-based projects start to become real competitor for them, they will easily adopt the technology and implement it in this platforms and with all money they have, they can keep people on their website. So for me I don't any of those Blockchain-based social media taking over the market.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 28, 2019, 02:09:43 PM

I don't think it is a question of whether it will be worth it or not. The real question is what unique value will another social media platform add that the ones (non-blockchain) on-ground at the moment lack? If you will bring up a project on blockchain then it has to be unique or at least have some interesting elements that other existing platforms lack

The "non-blockchain" ones lack transparency, real anonymity, immutablity, decentralization, real incentives, resistant to censorship etc...
If those are not good value I wonder what they are. Besides, I think the Blockchain social media will do better competing among themselves rather than competing with centralized social media. It won't be easy competing with large established social media.

pungopete468

Activity: 1470
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 04:59:13 AM

I am actually a person who strongly supports the development of blockchain technology because it does provide benefits for many people because transparency and speed do not cost as much as is happening today in many existing systems that can be trimmed by the blockchain.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 07:10:06 AM

I often see Social media being used to promote Blockchain technology that is one of Facebook's, but most of the links they post to Facebook are false, almost all of them are scammers and phishing sites links are often posted , so to me it's not a good way to use Blockchain technology, though let's just say that it works.
so it's still good to use decentralized platforms.
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 11:30:43 AM

It is totally worth it to have a social media that is blockchain based because it will attract a lot of people to use it since they could potentially earn some cryptocurrency by just using that social media and they can also decide on what type of data or information they will share to that blockchain social media. I mean, it is a very huge potential type of thing to use a social media like facebook, instagram that is blockchain based where you can earn at least a beer money.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 12:16:40 PM

They will be worth it in the future as adoption gains momentum. Most blockchain based social media can't be judged as cryptocurrency and blockchain remains in its early stage. The vision and mission is clear and it will only take a bit more time to materialise

Maybe with blockchain, the social media that we use will be safer from data theft. Blockchain technology is a safe technology and I think it can be used for any purpose so I think it would not hurt if there is a blockchain-based social media project

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 12:55:54 PM

Social media Blockchain based platform will be popular soon as people were already hooked in social media sharing ideas, doing business and for some new. It will be better if thru blockchain as it will secured our data,identities and non-prone in hacking. Though there are already existing companies that are open to the idea of associating crypto in their applications, it would be nice to start to a new unknown project or collaboration of the existing social media apps to really assure the platform as decentralised.

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 01:42:52 AM

The "non-blockchain" ones lack transparency, real anonymity, immutablity, decentralization, real incentives, resistant to censorship etc...
If those are not good value I wonder what they are. Besides, I think the Blockchain social media will do better competing among themselves rather than competing with centralized social media. It won't be easy competing with large established social media.

That's certainly true, mate. There are many reasons why Blockchain-based social media platforms are ten times better than traditional solutions. Censorship-resistance, and flexibility of user's data, are among the key features of Blockchain-based solutions. The real problem is that traditional platforms like Facebook and Twitter have many users into them. They also have a lot of money to support their operations. That's something that Blockchain-based social media platforms lack, leaving them behind the previously mentioned giants within the mainstream world.

As such, Blockchain-based alternatives may never be able to compete with traditional social media platforms as we know them. Both sides will head their separate ways over time, competing against platforms that are within their own classification (Blockchain-based/decentralized or centralized). So far, Steem is the leader of the Blockchain-based social media industry while Facebook is the leader of the traditional social media industry within the mainstream world. Of course, they have their respective advantages/disadvantages. But I believe that they'll never be able to overcome each other in the future.

Nonetheless, Blockchain-based social media platforms like Steem and Voice are truly promising. They might be the future of the social media industry, as giants like Facebook and Twitter adopt Blockchain technology for their own benefit. But platforms themselves will have their own share of the market, with people preferring one from another. Only time will tell us the fate of social media as we know it. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 05:01:47 PM

Well with steemit you will still be required to sign up and fill in some of your datas it's basically the same as using facebook and Twitter if that's the case. I just don't expect the implementation of blockchain to be really effective for blockchain-based social media. I actually prefer an Internet Relay Chat-like social media that looks suitable for decentralized social media platform.

Yeah, absolutely. I'm also looking forward to a privacy-focused social media chat app that offers real anonymity. Although projects like Statista, Telegram are secure, I have serious doubts about privacy. As the Blockchain community,we need to handle the messaging. After that, I think we can focus on other social media platforms.

However, projects such as Contentos and Voice will have their say as powerful blockchain-based platforms in the future.
aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 07:16:48 AM

Giving a straight and direct answer might not be best for this question. It depends really on the project type, just like every other project, people want to see how promising it is before they can venture into it. The good side is that most block chain based social media is that it will already have all the popularity and promotion that it needs.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
mirgo1791

Activity: 1022
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 07:55:21 AM

developer helps user with altcoin field of business works as appealing customs with reference on notables with the server of blockchain as might with the extensive work of evaluation to run of tasks with evaluation as following expends with release on supports of assessment.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 08:14:07 AM

Social networks built on blockchain requires different approach, data security is the main issues why start-ups are pushing decentralised social networks. Blockchain opens new opportunities for new breed of social networks that offers mutual benefit between users and the company.
Roidz

Activity: 1386
Merit: 250

1XBit.com

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 08:48:33 AM

Blockchain-based social media will certainly be handy for its users, of course with Blockchain social media features users can send payments and smart contracts to friends from the chat room, use the default message encryption service, use peer-to-peer protocols that don't rely on servers centralized, of course for those of us who likes to share, and write content on social media will certainly be very beneficial because that way we as content creators will be paid for the content, we produce on the social media platform, of course, with the Blockchain technology used in the social media system it certainly can authenticate content ownership from the threat of piracy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████