Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:01:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will 1 Bitcoin will Reach 1 million usd one day?  (Read 11387 times)
driver

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 08:12:12 PM

1 bitcoin will be worth almost nothing very soon . this thing is doomed to fail . It is already failing . the huge rise in price was artificially inflated by people with big money . You will most likely get another chance to try and dump your coins at 1K again but only if big players get real greedy and think they can get away with it without losing any money . think of this like a penny stock . Promote promote promote and then when people get all crazy and start buying the price goes up and up and the big players that own the huge amount of stock dump it to fuel the buying spree and the next day the stock drops to a fraction of a penny and you get screwed and the big guys laugh all the way to the bank .
 you have been warned . dump that useless coin before you eat it all. Trade it off for other coins that are bound to go up . But be careful as they will do the same thing .

As far as a main currency goes . NEVER . this thing has so many problems it will never go mainstream . too easy to steal is a big one . Too hard to buy . too hard to trade .

Go back to yahoo news please. This forum is not for you.
sure it is . I see it for what it is not for what I want it to be in some fantasy 1million a bitcoin dream .
just wait and see who is right instead of trying to insult people .
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:13:57 AM

Please not another useless misplaced speculation thread. Put this in the speculation section please.
Also if it's an attempt at just being funny, imho you failed. 0/10.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
Arksun

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:27:19 AM

I sincerely hope its never worth 1 million, because that will mean that hyper-inflation is in full effect and the worlds facing a massive financial meltdown.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Flashman

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Hodl!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:52:22 AM

You know the trouble with trying to believe anything about future BTC values, is that if you do a very conservative "What if" projection of a few percent penetration into existing market (Without dreaming up whole new ones.) the numbers balloon into 5 or 6 figures... and you sit back and stare at it... yyyynnnnnyyynnnyyyokay, you get a sort of failure of belief and just file it away as "interesting and maybe"

And that's one existing market.

Wanna see silly numbers? Do "If one percent of the one percent hedged one percent into BTC..."

Wanna go crazy? Figure out 25% share of all markets it could compete in, add them all up... yah, hella lotta zeroes....

Sure, it won't happen overnight, but it sure makes you think of  anyone shouting "bubble" at levels below 5 figures as rather unimaginitive.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
semaforo

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 01:59:36 AM

Yeah, I agree, this forum is for anyone who abides by its rules... and having a different opinion about future bitcoin/usd exchange rates is not against those rules as far as I know.

However, it is not particularly helpful to be bitter about bitcoin and prognosticate its failure... and usually when people do this it seems to be because of a combination of

a)not understanding the fundamental technical innovation represented by bitcoin

b)being angry about missing the boat and wishing that bitcoin will fail so that x-coin altcoin can skyrocket like bitcoin did

so I agree that you should probably do more reading and trying to understand bitcoin.

Among people who understand the underlying technology there are basically two groups-

1) the people who think that bitcoin is like Netscape of digital currency, meaning that it is big now that digital currency is new, but will fade as altcoins improve on fundamentals of bitcoin- this group would argue that bitcoin would never reach $1 million USD in buying power (of course, at the point where $1 million dollars buys a loaf of bread, like if the petrodollar gets dropped and everyone dumps US bonds, it could reach $1 million in nominal dollars, but not in present day inflation adjusted dollars)

2) the people who think that bitcoin is like the http of digital currency. This means that it represents a fundamentally sound protocol for the transfer of value and an inflation proof, decentralized currency over the internet. http is still used by everyone who uses the internet. If this is the case, no altcoin would really render bitcoin obsolete, and bitcoin's notoriety in the media and the infrastructure already working with it would keep it in the central place for a long time. In this case, it is quite possible that bitcoin could achieve $1 million per coin in present day, inflation adjusted buying power. This would mean that 1 bitcoin could buy 4 houses at the average value in the US.

For bitcoin to reach this level would mean the market cap would have to reach 13 trillion with the number of coins currently in circulation. The total value of all the money on the earth is around $75 trillion.

"For the narrowest definition, or what's called "M0", that includes only physical money, paper bills and metal coins that constitute currency. That figure is around 5 trillion dollars. The next step up is M1, which includes all the physical money, plus quickly accessed money like that in checking accounts, and comes in at $25 trillion. M2 includes M0 and M1, but also pulls in stuff like savings accounts and CDs under $100,000. That figure is around $60 trillion. And the last figure, the $75 trillion M3, is much more abstract and not often cited in official figures. It includes institutional money market funds, long term deposits, and other stuff rich people possess that can somehow be spent but confuses the rest of us." http://gizmodo.com/5995301/how-much-money-is-there-on-earth

13 trillion is about 17.33% of 75 trillion. This is less than one fifth. If bitcoin became the currency of choice for one fifth of the transactions on the earth, the price of bitcoin would be greater than one million dollars in today's dollars.

I think that this means that one fifth of the money on the earth would have to be directed towards buying bitcoin. This could happen more quickly than we think, because bitcoin represents and unprecedented haven for people whose wealth is disproportionately tied up in fiat, and if fiat starts to slide, people may be enabled by bitcoin to make a run on the central bank.

As most people are aware, banks sometimes keep less than 2% of their liabilities, including cash, available for withdrawal. If people think the bank is broke, they may try to run and withdraw their cash before the bank shuts down. This kind of panic has been a part of many war of the last couple centuries. This is part of why the federal reserve was brought into existence- all banks make deposits with the federal reserve, and in case the customers of one bank try to make a run on it, or withdraw their money, the central bank, in this case, the fed, can loan that bank some money to keep them from collapsing. This is important, because if one bank collapses, people at other banks may try to withdraw their money, causing all of the banks to collapse. The government doesn't want this to happen, because banks are very convenient for tracking everyone's money so that they can be sure that people pay the appropriate amount of taxes.

So what could happen with bitcoin is effectively a run on the central bank. What happens if the central bank can't cover it's debts? There is a central bank of central banks, called the bank for international settlements (BIS) in switzerland. All employees of this bank have diplomatic immunity. In the event of a fire, firemen are not allowed inside it, due to the level of secrecy. THe central banks of the world, if any one of them is threatened, can prop it up using the BIS as a channel.

If there was a run on the dollar, say, if a bunch of countries in the middle east were united under unified political leadership, and tried to enact another embargo, refusing to sell oil for dollars, effectively ending the petrodollar, there would be a run on the dollar and all dollar denominated assets, as everyone who still had dollars would try to sell them, and in this scenario, 13 trillion dollars could easily flow into the bitcoin ecosystem. This would mean the nominal price of bitcoin would be at 1 million, but the real buying power would still be much less than what 1 million dollars will buy today.

Of course, since the US military will go to war to prevent this from happening- which has already happened in Iraq and Libya, it would also take a clear defeat of the US military and the capacity of the US to wage war for this to happen.

It is hard to imagine, but the current global financial infrastructure could remain intact even with the collapse of the dollar. It is not unheard of for smaller countries to reform their currency by slashing a few zeros of the end, for example, 10,000 dollars would become 10 dollars, but in this case other fiat currencies like Chinese Yuan and the Euro could take over in the dominant position. However, with simple enough technology and high enough rates of smart phone penetration, bitcoin could easily render fiat obsolete and become the global currency, with a value of around $5 million per coin.

That is to say, it is possible that you could one day buy an oil refinery for 100 bitcoin. Is this likely to happen? God only knows.
The printing press resulted in hundreds of years of war, and resulted in power shifting from the clergy and a small aristocracy towards skilled traders and merchants.

While the spread of knowledge has dramatic consequences, the issue of a currency is probably a more salient means of controlling a population than controlling the media or information available- in this sense, the invention of bitcoin may come to be seen as more significant than the printing press. Things happen a lot faster now than they did in Luther and Gutenberg's time... so to estimate the timeline of this transition:

The bulk of this transition originally happened approximately between the issue of Luther's bible and the treaty of Westphalia, a period of about 100 years. At this time, it took about 66 days to cross the atlantic. Now it takes about 7 hours to cross the atlantic. Based on this level of time compression, the war that will establish the new world order would severely reduce the power of the current global elite and end with bitcoin owners as the leaders of the new global system would last approximately 5 to 6 months.

This may mean that people who spent a lot of their time criticizing the powers that be may be given the chance to prove that they can do a better job of it.

Of course, lots of other factors can come into play, but it seems to me quite likely that bitcoin will reach $1 million. It is much more likely that it will reach $1 million in nominal dollars than in real dollars, but it is nonetheless possible.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 08:04:18 AM

I can't imagine this will eve happened!
If in case it would really happen (that I doubt) won't it be difficult to use BTC? I mean if nowadays it is $600 per 1 btc, it would be difficult to use it, I mean if you need to pay like a small amount of money and so you should use like 0.000012 btc  only, unless we are going to talk not about BTC but minibitcoins

If BTC reaches 1 million USD and assuming that the value of USD doesn't change much from now, then we'd be doing transactions in millibitcoins, microbitcoins, and satoshis. For example, you might buy a loaf of bread for 250 satoshis. Or a stick of gum for 90 satoshis. Or a house for 100 millibitcoins.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 12:48:33 PM

If 1 BTC = 1 million USD, I would be close to a millionaire.
But I am not sure how much purchasing power will that 1 million USD be.   Smiley
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 01:09:40 PM

Wow.. just wow if that happens ever..! even if it goes upto 10k$ in next 2-3 years I'll be more then happy...! But I liked your optimism .! Smiley

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 01:29:32 PM

I believe people who are wasting time @ faucets for all day long think that indeed 1 BTC might be worth 1 million $ Smiley and then they will laugh from those who tell them to do not use faucets Tongue

Tongue

But will they be still alieve? Smiley Or maybe you can leave your faucets earning for your grandchildren Wink
apsvinet

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:00:10 PM

I believe people who are wasting time @ faucets for all day long think that indeed 1 BTC might be worth 1 million $ Smiley and then they will laugh from those who tell them to do not use faucets Tongue

Tongue

But will they be still alieve? Smiley Or maybe you can leave your faucets earning for your grandchildren Wink

Meh, faucets still don't pay as much as earn sites like bitcoinget.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:39:45 PM

Hello,
I think BTC will rise until the end of this year but only until 1000$ and no more... It is the first crypto currencie and its code is a little old. There is a lot more space for development. But if Bitcoin integrates in more places think it wil rise...

BR,

Gondel
rohnearner

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 04:52:39 PM

Tongue

haha so that mean future of your grandkids will be bright .! Smiley 

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2014, 06:06:04 PM

Tongue

haha so that mean future of your grandkids will be bright .! Smiley 

Naah Smiley I am not a faucet user Tongue I am only getting paid from my reffs @coinad and sometimes I visit freebitco.in to het a chance to win  0.2BTC Smiley
Kiki112

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

depends how the inflation goes in the US Cheesy

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:34:34 AM

Well the 70 trillion money supply quoted by semaforo may be 2010 figures, the Fed has stopped quoting M3 for a reason, and that reason is that it looks every bit as "scary" as economists say bitcoins rise over time does. Google some "money supply" graphs, and you'll see what I mean, it's going vertical. Recent years figures ('12/'13) have got very hard to come by.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
rohnearner

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 12:28:01 PM

depends how the inflation goes in the US Cheesy
So according to you Rate of Bitcoin depends on Inflation in US .

Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 12:46:00 PM

Well any increase in value from increase in adoption is multiplied by the inflation of national currencies.

Cactusizer

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:08:45 PM

No, if a bitcoin was 1 mil everyone would mine causing it to go down.
Flashman

Hodl!

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 01:44:29 PM

Yah you might want to do a bit of reading on that, the rate of bitcoins coming into circulation is completely independent of the number of people mining them.

Therefore the fixed amount that are becoming available by the day or week, when sought after by a greater number of people would be likely to increase in value, not decrease.

pujing13

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:30:28 PM

hope so . hope it not too late .

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: