Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:15:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My giantest transaction so far  (Read 3445 times)
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2011, 07:01:35 PM

Just topped it: 1,042 outputs, 35.6 kB in this one.

http://blockexplorer.com/tx/4998c61a8cbc106f27d42cfda0c0b8606e9f4ebf1c6707f5f570b3b4276bc1fe

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pc

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2011, 09:32:27 PM

Very nifty. I can take a good guess as to which output is your change, though. Smiley
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 06:19:34 PM

Very nifty. I can take a good guess as to which output is your change, though. Smiley
The fact that none of the coins have been redeemed makes that kinda easy. Smiley

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 07:15:12 PM

Hey Mike, some of those outputs have been redeemed, does that necessarily mean that someone ripped the hologram off and transfered the contents?

example: http://blockexplorer.com/address/17MdPjZN1HfmVStJhi8AKF8KAyQ2jzunrt

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 07:17:13 PM

Hey Mike, some of those outputs have been redeemed, does that necessarily mean that someone ripped the hologram off and transfered the contents?

example: http://blockexplorer.com/address/17MdPjZN1HfmVStJhi8AKF8KAyQ2jzunrt

Exactly.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
netrin

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 07:41:31 PM

Seems to be the case with many of the 100 BTC bars. Have you compiled any statistics on the number of pristine/defiled coins or average deflowering time?

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
casascius (OP)
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2011, 07:44:44 PM

A couple of others have.

http://uberbills.com/casascius

http://casascius.appspot.com <--- more accurate at the moment

Seems the bars get ripped open pretty quickly, presumably because the buyers just want the BTC (they are buying from MemoryDealers for USD, not from me)

netrin

View Profile
December 14, 2011, 07:49:21 PM

Perhaps there's a market for higher denominations on the cheapest possible material. I am interested* in a graphs over time...

* not so interested to do it myself. Sad

pc

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2011, 12:40:52 PM

Perhaps there's a market for higher denominations on the cheapest possible material.

It does seem that if delivery of a physical product mitigates the risk of accepting Paypal/Credit Cards enough for companies to do it, that just mailing out private keys on paper ought to be sufficient for people who are just trying to buy bitcoins to have electronically. It seems the same thing to me, of course, but perhaps the fact of whether or not there's a real "coin" involved actually does make the payment companies look at it differently somehow.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: