Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:17:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's vote for a new mod for India  (Read 902 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
Rotten Egg

Activity: 172
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 03:34:40 PM

@eaLiTy : About merit source

Recently I came across one thread and conversation there clearly suggest that we already have one merit source for Indian board. I don't want to reveal poster's name because it seems to me that s/he doesn't want to come out in the open as an MS, or maybe there are some other reasons.

Guess we all should stop saying that the Indian board needs at least one MS.  Grin
Yeah we only have ONE lonely little Merit Source. We surely need another with preferably a bigger bag than the bare minimum.

No. There is no irrefutable evidence that suggests we have any merit source dedicated to India forum. One guy making some stray statement out of his imagination, does not make it a fact. There may be some global merit sources though, who visits Indian sub-forum, as it mostly runs on English, which is comprehensible to global merit sources.

Cleaning BitcoinTalk community since 2014.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2019, 04:58:12 PM

Yeah we only have ONE lonely little Merit Source. We surely need another with preferably a bigger bag than the bare minimum.
That's quite a good sarcasm man.  Grin I got to know about this the day I merited the post in which the source has themselves accepted they are indeed a source.

There may be certain queries that why I bump my merit source topic even after knowing there is an Indian source : It's because I don't have any merits left behind to merit a very few merit worthy posts which are being posted here. If I was on a posting streak (something like 15-20 posts per week) I would be facing no difficulties in spreading out the merits to every good post here. But the problem arises when I am inactive in posting and visit the forum only to report spams and merit a few posts.

I am awaiting for people to contribute since I have more than 15 smerits left with me to giveaway to everyone and help the Indians in ranking up. But to the contrary there doesn't seem to be not much of them posting anything really good here and subsequently there is far less activity in this board to spread out the smerits. I would be bumping the application only when I am in need of additional smerits and whenever I find some really good quality posts here.

As for Merit source, I wasn't aware there is one and if your "little" is any hint then I think he's not from India but I could be thinking of someone else than who is actually refered to here.
The merit source is from India and they are pretty much active here in spreading out the merits here.  Grin

If the merit source made their name public, we could conduct a merit campaign,
They made their name public and they are indeed a source of merits.

No. There is no irrefutable evidence that suggests we have any merit source dedicated to India forum. One guy making some stray statement out of his imagination, does not make it a fact.
Not exactly, no one makes stray statements here and there are irrefutable evidences which suggest we have a merit source dedicated to Indian sub forum. Just dig through various topics in Indian sub-forum you will find out who the source is actually.
Rotten Egg

Activity: 172
Merit: 22

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 05:50:49 PM

No. There is no irrefutable evidence that suggests we have any merit source dedicated to India forum. One guy making some stray statement out of his imagination, does not make it a fact.
Not exactly, no one makes stray statements here and there are irrefutable evidences which suggest we have a merit source dedicated to Indian sub forum. Just dig through various topics in Indian sub-forum you will find out who the source is actually.
What? You have irrefutable evidences and others will dig through the forum? What kinda joke is that? Either provide your irrefutable evidences to the community or STOP making claims that you can not prove!

Cleaning BitcoinTalk community since 2014.
legendster (OP)

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 06:40:10 PM
Merited by amishmanish (1)

What? You have irrefutable evidences and others will dig through the forum? What kinda joke is that? Either provide your irrefutable evidences to the community or STOP making claims that you can not prove!

In other words, he is saying that if you are curious enough then do your own digging instead of asking someone else to dig it for you.

He would have otherwise obliged had you asked nicely, since that is not the case, expect exactly 0 help from him.

idk he might change his mind though.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
pawanjain

Activity: 2660
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:32:24 AM
Merited by amishmanish (1)

~snip
Regardless, I guess we can also assume we need something for people to talk about here, without that, there won't be anyone to send merits to and it'll soon become a circle jerking club..

That's the same thing I have observed over the months and have been trying to explain here all this while.
I don't see many posting here. It's just the same group of people who keep posting and replying to the threads.
If the Indian board is just used by a few people who keep posting in most threads then I don't know see it growing to be a bigger community.
We don't need a Merit Source as of now because we already have one but we do need people to actively post in the Indian board.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 06:29:48 AM

Regardless, I guess we can also assume we need something for people to talk about here, without that, there won't be anyone to send merits to and it'll soon become a circle jerking club..

So all I can do is perhaps share an idea with people like yourself (amish), eality, hiesenberg, etc and hope you guys can find the energy and motivation in yourself to act upon those ideas.
That is i think the basic issue rather than just the lack of merit sources.

Right now, we simply don't have sufficiently diversified activity that would justify the size of our population, much like the Olympics. Much of it is due to the legal uncertainty. We do not have too many of the developer kind visiting the forum and talking about mining, mining pools, potential use cases, developer activity etc.
I don't think that the mods are interested till we sort this out and get more people interested in this sort of thing AND to find sufficient incentive for them to be a part of the Indian community. Thanks for your offer legendster. Will get back to you.

I am awaiting for people to contribute since I have more than 15 smerits left with me to giveaway to everyone and help the Indians in ranking up. But to the contrary there doesn't seem to be not much of them posting anything really good here and subsequently there is far less activity in this board to spread out the smerits. I would be bumping the application only when I am in need of additional smerits and whenever I find some really good quality posts here.

Right Heisenberg. The thing is that there aren't even enough people joining up and being active in the Indian sub to get to at least Member (10 merits). Most of the people posting frequently are the same motley group. This needs to change. Lets bump our heads together so see if we can do something about it.

Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 10:28:58 AM
Merited by eaLiTy (2), akhjob (1)

As legendster pointed out in kabit9 thread, not everyone (who are contributing to the global boards) are willing to reveal their nationality and indeed are cowards by just blending with the first world people in global boards.

There are varying reasons which I have analysed over an year as to why Indians are not posting in the sub-section dedicated for us :

[1] Some say "They are afraid of the government and if posting in Indian board would land them up in jail" : The IPs are associated only with theymos and it's literally a parallel universe possibility that we would all be caught for using bitcoin and the government would push us in jail.

[2] The topics doesn't generate enough interest and the board is infested with spams : The older topics have worn out and outdated, we should be responsible for creating new topics and reporting them until the topic gets pinned by global mods. IMO the board is 80% free from spam and there is always a decent discussion going through in all the sub-boards.

[3] Eventhough bounties are an absolute waste of time and energy Indian bounty hunters are still hunting for them. They can never be rectified upon, and should be neglected from contributing anything for the betterment of the board.

Note : For past 1 month I have been speaking with Gabru [IndiaBits admin] and there were a few questions put forward by me on why the prominent knowledgable IndiaBits members were not involving themselves in Bitcointalk. The answer was that, the quality of the board was diluted and there doesn't seem to be anyone moderating the board. But on other hand, theymos would never appoint a moderator without much noise and the prominent forums members who left the forum would never return back without the appointment of a moderator.

P.S I am in the verge of creating a topic which will brainstorm various ideas from everyone which could subsequently pave the way for a better board. People like Bitlover10 should start contributing again in the regional language sections and people like legenster should bring back their 2013 sort of topics again which will gain more interest towards a better discussion.

As always a Youtuber says, "People won't watch your videos initially, but at one point of time in future if you don't stop posting videos there would be significant views". This might be the only way which will bring back the Indian section as how it was during the Benson era.
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 07:58:59 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2019, 08:16:03 PM by eaLiTy

There are varying reasons which I have analysed over an year as to why Indians are not posting in the sub-section dedicated for us :
[1] Some say "They are afraid of the government and if posting in Indian board would land them up in jail" : The IPs are associated only with theymos and it's literally a parallel universe possibility that we would all be caught for using bitcoin and the government would push us in jail.
Thank you for bringing this up here, i was talking about this earlier in this thread about some responses i saw earlier and some thought i was declaring my loyalty towards theymos  Tongue.
We live in a country where things are twisted to suite their needs, i am talking about politicians  Wink. I did not have the time to dig who posted that in this forum, i usually read everything that is posted when i get time but to search the content at a later time will be a task.

As legendster pointed out in kabit9 thread,  not everyone who are contributing to the global boards are willing to reveal their nationality and indeed are cowards by just blending with the first world people in global boards.
Everyone have their individual thoughts on what they like to do and i respect their decision. You cannot force anyone to do anything, if they chose to participate in this local board they can and no one is stopping them and no one is forcing either.

Guess we all should stop saying that the Indian board needs at least one MS.  Grin
If the merit source is encouraging people to post better content and giving out merits then i will stop saying that  Tongue Grin.
The fact is i really care less about meriting people for being active but if it helps in making this forum better, so be it.

To everyone who is complaining that there is not much content in this sub forum, you are welcome to start interesting topics and threads, rather than complaining about others, start yourself and be active and everything will fall in place.
when it comes to spam i will try my best to report everything i see as all of my reports are successful till now.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: