Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:00:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a bitcoin head tail site without gambling license illegal?  (Read 221 times)
Holly8 (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 01:32:46 PM

Hi, Im from Canada. Crypto isnt controlled by the government but it can be exchange into fiat currency so im wondering if crypto online gambling sites need a license?. License is sooo expensive for an online gambling site. Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Holly8 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2019, 06:58:34 PM

Nevermind i found answers in search.
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 06:45:17 PM

Hi, Im from Canada. Crypto isnt controlled by the government but it can be exchange into fiat currency so im wondering if crypto online gambling sites need a license?. License is sooo expensive for an online gambling site. Thanks
License would vary or depend on your countries laws towards gambling.You can operate freely if theres no such jurisdiction.
On the other side, players or gamblers do much prefer on playing to sites that do have licensed compared to those who havent.

Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 08:56:23 PM

Anymore other questions lying around because I'm a little bit familiar when it comes to gambling licenses and how it works? Not unless your country like the U.S. doesn't recognize international e-gambling licenses expect that your country can allow gambling sites that are legally license internationally. Just like what a lot of crypto-gambling sites are doing right now where they are getting their licenses in Curacao because it's the most easiest way for you to set up your gambling site legally and is recognized by a lot of countries. If you find it hard to obtain a gambling license in Canada then maybe obtaining one in Curacao would be your best alternative, I also think that the cost is way cheaper there. The catch is your office should also be based there which I think will be a bigger part of the cost.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 09:26:42 PM

License would vary or depend on your countries laws towards gambling.You can operate freely if theres no such jurisdiction.
On the other side, players or gamblers do much prefer on playing to sites that do have licensed compared to those who havent.
Gambling sites that don't have a license are illegal by law and therefore risk being shut down by regulating bodies where you as player will lose all your funds. This is why people prefer licensed (legal) gambling sites.

I haven't heard yet of a country where you can 'freely' (legally) operate without a license. It would be a total mess would that be the case. This type of business model is a ticking time bomb and therefore better to not touch.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 11:26:03 PM

Are there countries that allows them to operate freely without a license?

Nevermind i found answers in search.
If that is so and if you're satisfied with the answers that you've found, you should lock this thread.

jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 06:06:22 AM

Normal procedure is that every establishment will required license to operate therefore no matter of what currency that they will going to use they will be required to provide permit to operate. Except if there is a special privilege on crypto users thru regulation then that will be good but better if you will ask directly your amusement bureau to ensure the legality of the gambling site.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2019, 04:02:42 PM

Accepting payment in BTC will not change the nature of the service you offer. For example, if buying cigarettes is allowed in your country, paying with dollars or BTC will not make a difference.
The difference will be how to charge and verify customer identities.
So you should ask a lawyer about the normal setting up of a gambling site in your country and there will be no legal difference in the payment method.
I don't think BTC trading is banned in Canada.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 07:26:23 PM

I have seen that crypto gambling sites are among very profitable , they are ton which are advertising here on daily basis.
They are a grey area, I think that this question taken to court could be a long debate. In general it is way cheaper to make a crypto gambling site than a fiat one.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Holly8 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 05:20:29 PM

Thanks everyone for your info. the info i found in search is that i need a license for crypto gambling sites. in other forums i found out about permits so i might need both. Im going to do a free gambling instead which means members will just have to complete offers to win abit of crypto. This way I wont have to worry about license stuff.  if i do a real gambling site in the future, i want to do a gambling site that doesn't make members go bankrupt like a lotto site or raffle site.

Harlot- I thought of Curacao license but their site says it's not real gambling license so im confused. I can't afford even the cheap ones.
Holly8 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 05:26:29 PM

Accepting payment in BTC will not change the nature of the service you offer. For example, if buying cigarettes is allowed in your country, paying with dollars or BTC will not make a difference.
The difference will be how to charge and verify customer identities.
So you should ask a lawyer about the normal setting up of a gambling site in your country and there will be no legal difference in the payment method.
I don't think BTC trading is banned in Canada.

hi Gambling sites have to get customer personal details? i thought email and crypto address was enough. I dont like to ask for members personal details.
Holly8 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 05:34:34 PM

Anymore other questions lying around because I'm a little bit familiar when it comes to gambling licenses and how it works? Not unless your country like the U.S. doesn't recognize international e-gambling licenses expect that your country can allow gambling sites that are legally license internationally. Just like what a lot of crypto-gambling sites are doing right now where they are getting their licenses in Curacao because it's the most easiest way for you to set up your gambling site legally and is recognized by a lot of countries. If you find it hard to obtain a gambling license in Canada then maybe obtaining one in Curacao would be your best alternative, I also think that the cost is way cheaper there. The catch is your office should also be based there which I think will be a bigger part of the cost.

hi like a po box?. po box is cheap in canada. ups mail box is more expensive.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: