Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:45:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Different IP Login  (Read 376 times)
ddaarrcc (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 01:31:48 PM

Can I login Bitcointalk account at the same time from two different country IP or proxy with different country?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16616

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 01:33:42 PM

Can I login Bitcointalk account at the same time from two different country IP or proxy with different country?
Yes.

ddaarrcc (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 01:39:20 PM

Yes.
But isn't Bitcointalk wary of IP changing?
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 01:41:43 PM

But isn't Bitcointalk wary of IP changing?
It gets logged, but won't restrict you.

rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 01:46:47 PM

Unless that IP isn't an evil IP then you're good to go but if it does then you'll need to pay the corresponding fee to enable posting here in forum but if you just want to login or just do some skimming/scanning that's still doable. You can refer what's an evil IP here if ever you encounter that one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5025522.0
AB de Royse777
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 3893

Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 02:11:14 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2), hugeblack (1)

Unless that IP isn't an evil IP then you're good to go but if it does then you'll need to pay the corresponding fee to enable posting here in forum but if you just want to login or just do some skimming/scanning that's still doable. You can refer what's an evil IP here if ever you encounter that one https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5025522.0
The evil IP effects only when you are creating an account. Once you already have an account, you can login to it from any IP.

Yes.

But after an hour if you refresh the first logged in side then it will log out from there.

Meaning, logged in from first IP will lose its login session after an hour. You will need to relogin from the first IP if you want to continue and then again it will logged out from the 2nd IP after an hour, like it did for the 1st IP. You will be in a loop eventually if you continue from two IP simultaneously.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
ddaarrcc (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 02:27:32 PM

The evil IP effects only when you are creating an account. Once you already have an account, you can login to it from any IP.

Yes.

But after an hour if you refresh the first logged in side then it will log out from there.

Meaning, logged in from first IP will lose its login session after an hour. You will need to relogin from the first IP if you want to continue and then again it will logged out from the 2nd IP after an hour, like it did for the 1st IP. You will be in a loop eventually if you continue from two IP simultaneously.

Won't it get banned for doing something like that? And also what if I use IP 1 for posting something then I change to IP 2 and post again
AB de Royse777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 02:33:16 PM

~snip~

Won't it get banned for doing something like that? And also what if I use IP 1 for posting something then I change to IP 2 and post again
No.

I do not think it's an offense here. In the forum even you can have multi account. But you can not misuse a campaign/bounty with your multi account meaning you can not join the same bounty/signature campaign using more than one account.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3647

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 03:16:16 PM

You are free to create as many accounts as you want in compliance with Bitcointalk rules[1].
If any of your accounts are banned, you are forbidden to create more accounts and continue to use your other accounts.
If anyone doubts that you are using more than one account, IP address may be conclusive proof of the link between these accounts.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.new;topicseen#new

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 03:21:22 PM

It's fine. I only connect to the forum via Tor or a VPN. In my recent IPs page (https://bitcointalk.org/myips.php) I usually have about 100 different IPs from around 10 different countries. I have made posts only a few minutes apart from IPs in different countries. Your IPs are logged (obviously), but that's it. You won't be banned just for using multiple IPs.

Bear in mind thay using multiple and variable IPs will make proving your account ownership via an IP address impossible. You should consider staking a bitcoin address here: Stake your Bitcoin address here
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 03:31:07 PM

It's fine. I only connect to the forum via Tor or a VPN. In my recent IPs page (https://bitcointalk.org/myips.php) I usually have about 100 different IPs from around 10 different countries. I have made posts only a few minutes apart from IPs in different countries. Your IPs are logged (obviously), but that's it. You won't be banned just for using multiple IPs.
Additionally, you can limit the amount of time your IP's are stored in your settings.

Profile -> Account related settings -> "Limit IP retention".

But Cloudflare might also log your IP, and they sure as hell won't delete it, so i am somewhat doubtful how useful this really is.

Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 03:49:00 PM
Merited by hd49728 (1)

Adding a little more info to the above posts:

You can login to bitcointalk with any number of different IPs. Each time when you get logged in and don't post anything, the IP through which you have logged gets stored in the IP Logs which can only be viewed by theymos. And when you refresh the forum or go to a newer page, the new IP would get stored. If you are idle without doing any actions, the session gets logged out after 10 minutes and when you refresh the new IP gets replaced with the older IP. And the last IP of the day which gets recorded in the database is stored for a longer time.

AFAIK, whenever you post and register a new account IPs gets logged. These IPs are kept for an indefinite time period and probably used when you want to recover your hacked account. So if you do something fishy which is of a serious criminal offence and if theymos receives a subpoena, he would probably be giving up the IP address information.
BIN-BIN

Activity: 504
Merit: 57

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 04:03:51 PM

Yes.

Its not an offense so you can log in using different IP, but why using a proxy IP on bitcointalk it make no difference any way unless you are planning to hide your location for purpose best known to you. To me personally I see people using proxy IP as tricky and unreliable. Mostly used by scammers.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2019, 04:36:16 PM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (1)

To me personally I see people using proxy IP as tricky and unreliable. Mostly used by scammers.
You know satoshi always used Tor to protect his privacy, right? Being anonymous doesn't make good people unreliable, just like using a real IP-address doesn't make bad people good.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
August 19, 2019, 04:56:20 PM

You know satoshi always used Tor to protect his privacy, right?
Not to mention there are some very red trusted scammers which didn't hide their IPs. Using a VPN or Tor says nothing about a user's honesty or likelihood to scam. Suggesting that only scammers care about privacy is just the nonsensical "nothing to hide, nothing to fear" argument.
AB de Royse777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2019, 05:57:28 PM

Mostly used by scammers.
I am glad you used the word mostly. It's personal preference. Practicing privacy is not an offense. There are good people who also use VPN/TOR to hide their location information.

Also there are some countries where Bitcoin is not legal, they do not want to risk their location so they have this option to hide it.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2019, 01:59:19 AM

If you are idle without doing any actions, the session gets logged out after 10 minutes and when you refresh the new IP gets replaced with the older IP. And the last IP of the day which gets recorded in the database is stored for a longer time.
Is the automatic log-out after each 10 minutes correct? When I log in, there is a checkbox and a texbox:
Minutes to stay logged in: default value is 60 minutes, in which I can type the amount of time to automatic log out my accounts if my account is idle over the set-period
Always stay logged in:  - ticked to the box to always stay log in your account.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2019, 04:45:14 PM

Is the automatic log-out after each 10 minutes correct? When I log in, there is a checkbox and a texbox:
Minutes to stay logged in: default value is 60 minutes, in which I can type the amount of time to automatic log out my accounts if my account is idle over the set-period
Always stay logged in:  - ticked to the box to always stay log in your account.

Sorry for a little late reply. I somehow seem to have missed your notification  Tongue

You need to understand there is always a difference between a session and a cookie and their way of functioning. Session info is stored on the server end and cookie on the user end. So when you don't use the forum (i.e you have opened the forum and kept it idle for 10 minutes or so) your current session gets timed out (Sessions also end when you close the browser) So when you refresh the forum to continue using them, the newer IP is stored in the IP Logs replacing the older ones. This is completely different from the login feature available in SMF forums probably.

In SMF, you do have a login cookie (not sure if every website has something like this). So if you mention 60 minutes in the login form the cookie will be present 60 minutes before it gets expired, which makes you to logout certainly. If you click on the "Always Stay Logged in" feature, the cookie doesn't gets expired unless you click the logout button available on top.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 11:49:07 PM

You need to understand there is always a difference between a session and a cookie and their way of functioning. Session info is stored on the server end and cookie on the user end. So when you don't use the forum (i.e you have opened the forum and kept it idle for 10 minutes or so) your current session gets timed out (Sessions also end when you close the browser) So when you refresh the forum to continue using them, the newer IP is stored in the IP Logs replacing the older ones. This is completely different from the login feature available in SMF forums probably. 

Have you found this session stored (I'm presuming you mean some sort of session ID as the session looks to be every event you do during your time on a page - before something loads but I might just be confusing my javascript knowledge with this). I spent a couple of minutes fiddling with the console trying to find a session Id and have failed so far - the cookie for login will be there though.

I always thought the mechanics were that the cookie stored a number on here and the server stores a cooke number that grants access to the user account when you send the number at the start of a session, I thought this number was used as the session ID (not sure on this though) normally when developing sites - on assigments - you just keep a session ID of the user (which could be what is stored by the server) and this ID doesn't go when you refresh the site and only goes once you've shut down the browser (but this isn't using javascript, it's normally using backend server programming).

The 60 minutes thing is definitely right and I skipped past that thing as I read the thread going down, if you don't tick the box and you get logged out on your new session - all of your sessions will get logged out as there is only one cookie stored [a session in this case is the cookie ID which just gets rejected by the server and has to be overwritten when you next log in).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: