Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:47:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to transfer bitcoin wallet from Armory to Electrum?  (Read 177 times)
CodeAndCoins (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2019, 10:45:21 AM

I am searching for the solution over the internet on How to transfer bitcoin wallet from Armory to Electrum? but I did not find any clear, usefull and updated solution. So if you guys know the solution then please help me.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 10:51:48 AM

I am searching for the solution over the internet on How to transfer bitcoin wallet from Armory to Electrum?

If you don't have Bitcoin Core synced then you can export all of the private keys corresponding to addresses which have some coins. HCP wrote a short guide on how to do it. Once you export them, create a new wallet in Electrum, select "Import Bitcoin Addresses or Private Keys" and paste your keys there in separate lines.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 10:56:29 AM

To add to the above, I suggest you make a new (standard) Electrum wallet, save your seed and then sweep the funds to it as importing would make your funds unrecoverable (unless you keep a copy of the private keys).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CodeAndCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2019, 11:23:16 AM

I am searching for the solution over the internet on How to transfer bitcoin wallet from Armory to Electrum?

If you don't have Bitcoin Core synced then you can export all of the private keys corresponding to addresses which have some coins. HCP wrote a short guide on how to do it. Once you export them, create a new wallet in Electrum, select "Import Bitcoin Addresses or Private Keys" and paste your keys there in separate lines.
The link you provide only show, the part of Armory. But I also need the part of Electrum to use that code of Armory.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 11:25:51 AM

The link you provide only show, the part of Armory. But I also need the part of Electrum to use that code of Armory.

The second half of my post explained how do it. Here's the guide which describes how to import your keys. As OmegaStarScream has already mentioned, you should create a new wallet in Electrum, save the mnemonic phrase (12 words) and send you coins there. This will ensure that you won't have any problems with recovering your coins in the future.
CodeAndCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2019, 11:51:01 AM

The second half of my post explained how to do it. Here's the guide which describes how to import your keys. As OmegaStarScream has already mentioned, you should create a new wallet in Electrum, save the mnemonic phrase (12 words) and send you coins there. This will ensure that you won't have any problems with recovering your coins in the future.
Thank you very very much Now I do not need to download 250 GB BlockChain. You save my day.
And one more question, if someone sends bitcoin to Armory BTC address. Is it receive to electrum or not?
Is it ok to uninstall Armory?
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 11:53:41 AM

And one more question, if someone sends bitcoin to Armory BTC address. Is it receive to electrum or not? Is it ok to uninstall Armory?

If you imported that address into Electrum then yes, your coins will be available in Electrum. You can uninstall Armory if you have backed up the keys. However, you should create a new wallet and move your coins as described in my previous post. You can see a list of available addresses by selecting View -> Show Addresses and clicking on Addresses tab.
CodeAndCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2019, 11:59:18 AM

Now is it ok to install Armory and Bitcoin Core right?
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2019, 12:02:26 PM

Now is it ok to install Armory and Bitcoin Core right?

Did you mean uninstall? If so, yes, you can do it as long as you have backed up your private keys properly. Electrum wallet file contains the private keys, but you won't be able to restore them using a mnemonic phrase.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: