Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:16:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WHEN THE LAST COIN HAS BEEN MINED.  (Read 170 times)
Lawrenzoo (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 03:42:32 AM

Hello all, i have always wondered about what happens after the last coin of a COIN has been mined, does that mean that people would not be able to buy it again? if not, if someone i to come to the market to purchase a coin and he/she sees that a coin limit has already been exhausted through the history given on coinmarketcap, would that not make the buyer withdraw from taking step further based on the mentality that the limit has been exhausted?
beachbummer

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 03:53:44 AM

As long as there is a willing seller of the coin, whether in CEX, DEX or P2P, then you will be able to buy it.

When a coin mining limit is reached, it only means that there will not be any more mining rewards and probably only transaction fees.

There are already many coins with a fixed limit like XRP, XLM, etc.
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 04:57:10 AM

Nothing to worry about purchasing even if the last coin will be mined. Miners will remain and they are doing that for the sake of the confirmation of the transactions. And as long as it is profitable on their side, they shall continue.

The exchanges will have their supply ready for sale and there will be people who are willing to sell it on the exchange and even for P2P kind of deal.

Lastly, if this is bitcoin you're asking, nothing to worry because the last bitcoin will be mined by estimation on 2140.
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 05:30:06 AM

Nothing to worry about purchasing even if the last coin will be mined. Miners will remain and they are doing that for the sake of the confirmation of the transactions. And as long as it is profitable on their side, they shall continue.

The exchanges will have their supply ready for sale and there will be people who are willing to sell it on the exchange and even for P2P kind of deal.

Lastly, if this is bitcoin you're asking, nothing to worry because the last bitcoin will be mined by estimation on 2140.

The only problem is that are you going to see the last bitcoin going to be mined? If estimation in 2140 then we shouldn't be concern about that. Currently, 17,888,162 BTC has been mined already, so for me in the next 10-15 almost all bitcoin will be mine and I don't think that we are all alive in 2140. But for arguments sake, if there are people who's willing to trade after 2140 then the market will still continue despite we all exhausted the coins.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 05:53:28 AM

The only problem is that are you going to see the last bitcoin going to be mined? If estimation in 2140 then we shouldn't be concern about that. Currently, 17,888,162 BTC has been mined already, so for me in the next 10-15 almost all bitcoin will be mine and I don't think that we are all alive in 2140. But for arguments sake, if there are people who's willing to trade after 2140 then the market will still continue despite we all exhausted the coins.
Yeah I forgot to tell that when that time comes, how many of us will remain living by that year.

The current bitcoin total supply that has been mined is nearly 18M. And as we know that there's only 21M in total as maximum supply. Others still haven't read those articles that explains what will happen if the last bitcoin will be mined.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 07:00:21 AM

No, it will still be tradeable. It will depends on the miners to still be able to make transactions. They are going to only be paid with the mining fees. Some coins have already been completely be mined. That doesn't guarantee that the price is going to increase more. Some have lose more value.
Lantind

Activity: 2324
Merit: 263

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 07:20:58 AM

If a coin has been mined, then we can no longer buy it in the market, unless a few people who hold the coin make sell orders in the market, and the volume will be seen again at a different price, because usually when a coin is getting scarce, the price can be very expensive than before.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 09:18:10 AM

I believe that from the moment the last coin is mined, the real life of the blockchain is only beginning. He will be in a stable condition. The price of the coins of this blockchain will have to stabilize or grow.
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 09:59:04 AM

Hello all, i have always wondered about what happens after the last coin of a COIN has been mined, does that mean that people would not be able to buy it again? if not, if someone i to come to the market to purchase a coin and he/she sees that a coin limit has already been exhausted through the history given on coinmarketcap, would that not make the buyer withdraw from taking step further based on the mentality that the limit has been exhausted?

There will always be someone willing to sell and a buyer ready to take it off their hands.
However, what I am not certain of is if the coin will rise in price with the news of the last mining of a coin imminent. I should expect some positive price movement from news of this

Xphenosis

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 10:05:14 AM

Most mineable coins will be far from over and to be honest I don't think we're alive at that moment. I don't worry at all because this coins will have big value when mining it are over think of it as an asset the longer it is there the bigger the value be given.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2019, 11:24:58 AM

If a coin has been mined, then we can no longer buy it in the market, unless a few people who hold the coin make sell orders in the market, and the volume will be seen again at a different price, because usually when a coin is getting scarce, the price can be very expensive than before.

That's completely false, haven't you even bothered to read the other replies?
It's all about supply and demand, if there isn't any demand for the coin in question, the prices wouldn't be higher than before.

Of course there will always be people selling, what do you think cryptocurrency is used for? You have to be able to buy it and sell it, in order to use it, that's what cryptocurrency is based on.

masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 12:27:11 PM

In my own opinion I think the coin supply really matters. "lets say if the supply was low like 50 Million im sure it will create more value" and if the last coin was minted it means that you can only buy those coins, if you want to hold it. because its not available to mine anymore and definitely the price will go up higher and higher and the mentality of everyone will not be a problem if that happen since it has a store of value in it. As trading continue the price will be more expensive just like BTC.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 05:04:15 PM

You do not have to have a reason to mine it other than transaction fee's neither, people do not realize that there are hundreds of bitcoin currently mined via transaction fee every single day, think about how much bitcoin is transferred everyday and think of how much those fee's total to.

So, yeah there are coins that doesn't require any proof of work and there are still staking involved which is basically same concept as proof of work that pays transaction fee's where staking would pay the same. However no matter what there is always a way to make money as long as people exchange money, it can be via mined coins or it could be via transaction fee's, it is important to keep the coin alive, rest can take care of itself. Plus, some coins will have 10-20 years at least to end eventually so we are all fine.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 05:49:02 PM

There would be coins that were already mined on sale. Problem with emission is that when gets to low there is not much reward for miners. But we will not need to wait until end for that to show but it will already happen in 10-20 years. All we need to do is wait and see.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 21, 2019, 05:57:07 PM

Even after the last coin gets mined, such coins can still be bought on exchanges. Also miners will not go out of business as they will be confirming transactions on the blockchain. If a transaction isn't mined, it can't be added to the blockchain.
super8
Copper Member

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2019, 07:46:15 PM

Miners gets miner fees don't worry transactions continues Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 07:25:49 AM

The limit of coins like bitcoin is what will make the coin have very high value in future, because when the last coin has been mined, then it will tend to only remain with those that has had it already, and I believe that there will always be people who will be willing to sell, BUT, because of its scarcity now, people would be selling and bidding at very high prices, and the more people sell high, the more the value gradually increase and this is why people believe that bitcoin will reach  a peak price of like 1 million dollars in future.

Demand will be very high, but the supply will be limited because you have to work hard to really see someone that will be willing to let go off their own coin, which is why they will never sell it low.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 12:51:40 PM

The limit of coins like bitcoin is what will make the coin have very high value in future, because when the last coin has been mined, then it will tend to only remain with those that has had it already, and I believe that there will always be people who will be willing to sell, BUT, because of its scarcity now, people would be selling and bidding at very high prices, and the more people sell high, the more the value gradually increase and this is why people believe that bitcoin will reach  a peak price of like 1 million dollars in future.

Demand will be very high, but the supply will be limited because you have to work hard to really see someone that will be willing to let go off their own coin, which is why they will never sell it low.

What about miners that secure network. Will they get enough from fees? how high fees will have to be to pay them enough?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: