Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:59:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] THE OFFICIAL COLOSSUSCOIN REPAIR THREAD (UPDATED APRIL 18TH)  (Read 2935 times)
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:30:13 AM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 03:47:38 AM by Crestington

Update May 28th

You can download the most recent copy of the Blockchain and config file as of May 27th here.

Megaupload

Colossuscoin Blockchain and Config file May 27th

Dropbox

Colossuscoin Blockchain and Config file May 27th

Update April 18th

Patches have been applied which successfully resolves the old issues and you can follow this guide to fully Sync your wallet quickly

How to quickly sync your wallet with a QT client

Step 1

Download the most up to date Client, and latest copy of the Blockchain and Colossuscoin.conf file

Windows Client 1.5.2

ColossuscoinBlockchainApr17.rar
Colossuscoin.conf

ColossuscoinBlockchainApr21.rar (Newer Blockchain and contains the Colossuscoin.conf file)

Alternative Download for those who can't access Megaupload
ColossuscoinBlockchainApr21.rar (Newer Blockchain and contains the Colossuscoin.conf file)
Windows Client 1.5.2

Step 2

Go to your Download folder in your computer, right click on Col 1.5.2.rar and extract the files to a folder in which you can find.

Step 3

Open your ColossusCoin-qt.exe file for the first time, wait until it opens and then close the client, this will automatically create your roaming files for you. (Ignore this step if you already have had a client but wish to update or sync quicker).

Step 4

Go to your Colossuscoin folder which is found in User/Appdata/Roaming/Colossuscoin and delete everything in the folder except your wallet.dat Your wallet.dat contains your private keys, if you delete that you will permanently lose your coins so please make a backup of it before deleting anything.

Step 5

Go back to the folder in where you downloaded the files in Step 1, right click on the Blockchain file and extract the files to your Appdata/Roaming/Colossuscoin folder. Right click on Colossuscoin.conf file, copy it and paste it into the Appdata/Roaming/Colossuscoin folder as well. Your Colossuscoin Folder should now contain all the files you need.

Step 6

Open your ColossusCoin-qt.exe client and let your client fully sync. If you have coins available to Stake, they will Stake once your client is fully Synced and you can leave it open until they are fully confirmed (which is 70 confirmations on the network)

Step 7 *optional*

If you would like to check your wallet for coins that may not be showing up in your wallet, click on "Help", "Debug Window" and click on the Console tab.

Type Checkwallet to check for any coins that may be missing and should say "wallet check passed" : true

If it returns "Mismatched Coins" Type Repairwallet and it will fix your balance.

Update March 22nd

We will be releasing details of our fundraising program for the wallet fix and IPO for Colossuscoin 2.0 in a few short days. Cryptsy must be listening because they removed the deactivation message. This IPO will be raised ONLY in Colossuscoin up to a limited amount with highest priority given to members of the community who have supported us.

Let's make this happen!

Crestington

Original topic

It has come to our attention that Cryptsy may delist Colossuscoin from their market due to low volume of trade. Although we cannot control what an exchange does we can and are focused on building a better Foundation. We are fully committed to this project and will be here through the ebbs and flows of even the stormiest of times. To us, Colossuscoin is not just another Cryptocurrency, we are a group of friends bound together by the ideology that we can make a difference in the world and it is this spirit that will overcome insurmountable odds.

In regards to the wallet issues.

The wallet syncing issues are due to IRC blocking bitcoin clients and has caused peers not to be able to connect to each other on the network.

Over the last couple months I have contacted approximately 20 software developers in order to find a permenant team to help develop for Colossuscoin. My goal was to find an experienced local team in Vancouver who I could work with face to face to bring our project goals to life and have been in meetings with several professional teams as well as the original developer of Colossuscoin

The cost of the new wallet is 6.5 BTC and will take 1 week to complete once funding is finalised.

Although committed, the Colossuscoin Development Team are not large shareholders and will need financial support from the community in order to make this happen. All input and ideas on how to raise the funds nessecary are appreciated.

Please help the Colossuscoin community by donating to the Development Fund addresses

Development Donation Addresses:
COL: 22wP7kdGCcCKmjSWZBNWauyHiK6KLHN4mX
LTC: LWD421APXW3ZRzem7HbYAD35a54JW3iy3e
BTC: 1PaU2cao6qN7odXjCqHEoSLs4NEpw3JtNU

These addresses are managed by Sudo23 and will help us fund wallet and project updates.

Crestington
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:35:58 AM

That is one shitty business card

But hey they are building wallets for the Royal Bank of Canada LOL
dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Colossuscoin - the future of payment methods

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:59:54 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 07:14:26 AM by dengnizaidongji

sudo23

Activity: 469

ColossuscoinXT - highly energy-efficient

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:44:48 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 10:48:37 AM by sudo23

• We would get the new client coded by Cryptocapital a highly skilled Coin Repair Team and get a new fully customised block chain that is cloned from a stable coin
  • The Wallet fix for Colossuscoin includes an adjustment of the transaction fee structure to 0.05% fee on all transactions
  • We would create a central funding measure built into a newly designed Blockchain.
    75% of transaction fees will be allocated to the Development Fund and to the Colossuscoin Foundation, 25% of transaction fees will be allocated to investors.
  • We would swap coins on the old chain for coins on the new chain at a 1:1 ratio
  • Coin recovery program: We would recover all the lost coins in the swap from the old chain to the new one which can be given back to those that legitimately lost coins.

ColossuscoinXT - Extremely resource friendly | Lightning fast | Stealth Anonymous | - ColossusXT related Websites:
   Website: www.Colossuscoinxt.org  -  Forum: www.Colossuscointalk.org  -  Exchange: NovaExchange.com - CV2/BTC     
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/Colossuscoin - Twitter: www.twitter.com/ColossuscoinXT - Got COLX?

sudo23

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:45:44 PM

Parameters for the new blockchain

- 100% Proof-of-Stake currency
- 550 billion coins total
- 0.1% Transaction Fees
- Proof of Stake 0.5%, 15 days/30 Max Weight
- Big annual PoS, annual interest eligible for coins which have been stationary in a user's wallet for at least 15 days
- New COL Client for Windows-Linux, Mac OS, Android, Secure Online Wallet as well

ColossuscoinXT - Extremely resource friendly | Lightning fast | Stealth Anonymous | - ColossusXT related Websites:
   Website: www.Colossuscoinxt.org  -  Forum: www.Colossuscointalk.org  -  Exchange: NovaExchange.com - CV2/BTC     
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/Colossuscoin - Twitter: www.twitter.com/ColossuscoinXT - Got COLX?

sudo23

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 01:46:01 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 06:55:26 PM by sudo23

• The Colossuscoin Foundation helping to advance and promote Colossuscoin adoption.
  • Colossuscointalk and its members work together to create a strengthened platform and improved Colossuscoin Foundation on www.Colossuscointalk.org
  • We are working hard behind the scenes improving all areas of the foundation
  • Our Plan is to be completly independant of the exchanges. Our Mid-term-plan is to develop an Colossuscoin Cloud Exchange.

Current Colossuscoin blocks/supply
- "blocks" : 444486,
- "moneysupply" : ~312,769,544,756 COL

We will of course report regularly on developments and are always open for suggestions

Luror

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:34:12 PM

It has come to our attention that Cryptsy may delist Colossuscoin from their market due to low volume of trade.

Here is my bug report from Cryptsy thread:

I think you have a bug with COL volume calculation - take a look at the "Trade" page:

Code:
COL/LTC 	ColossusCoin 	0 BTC 	0.00000011 LTC 	0.00000008 LTC
COL/XPM ColossusCoin 0 BTC 0.00000134 XPM 0.00000109 XPM

So in the "Volume in BTC" column we see "0 BTC". But: if we will open COL/LTC market (https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/109), we'll see a lot of recent trades, some of them are quite large:

Code:
2014-03-14 12:57:18	Sell	0.00000008	300000000.00000000	24.00000000
2014-03-14 12:57:07 Sell 0.00000008 322534171.25836840 25.80273370
The real volume is at least (24.00000000+25.80273370)*0.02626721 ~ 1.3 BTC, if I'm calculating it right. Please look into it (I think the possible reason is that COL's price in BTC is less than 0.00000001).

Also, COL's "BTC Value" column at "Balances" page is always 0.00000000, I think it's manifestation of the same bug.

Don't close COL markets for all the wrong reasons! Smiley I mean "This market is under consideration for deactivation due to volume".

BTC: 1DzAEtLoFxqmJoNH5ZYHyWxaSNYUGKf2S6
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:42:55 PM

It has come to our attention that Cryptsy may delist Colossuscoin from their market due to low volume of trade.

Here is my bug report from Cryptsy thread:

I think you have a bug with COL volume calculation - take a look at the "Trade" page:

Code:
COL/LTC 	ColossusCoin 	0 BTC 	0.00000011 LTC 	0.00000008 LTC
COL/XPM ColossusCoin 0 BTC 0.00000134 XPM 0.00000109 XPM

So in the "Volume in BTC" column we see "0 BTC". But: if we will open COL/LTC market (https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/109), we'll see a lot of recent trades, some of them are quite large:

Code:
2014-03-14 12:57:18	Sell	0.00000008	300000000.00000000	24.00000000
2014-03-14 12:57:07 Sell 0.00000008 322534171.25836840 25.80273370
The real volume is at least (24.00000000+25.80273370)*0.02626721 ~ 1.3 BTC, if I'm calculating it right. Please look into it (I think the possible reason is that COL's price in BTC is less than 0.00000001).

Also, COL's "BTC Value" column at "Balances" page is always 0.00000000, I think it's manifestation of the same bug.

Don't close COL markets for all the wrong reasons! Smiley I mean "This market is under consideration for deactivation due to volume".

I don't want to make this thread about Cryptsy but I would be happy never to have to deal with them. Three times in three months Cryptsy has done something negative to the Col market. If it had not been for Cryptsy, ColossusCoin would be trading at 4-5 times it's current price but instead, everyone has taken losses.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:13:48 PM

Oh yes. blame cryptsy for the coin having a broken chain. blame cryptsy for the insane block reward making each coin worthless.

Yes i see where cryptsy is at fault. im neither a cryptsy fanbot or a col hater. but coins such as ifc dont have that issue.

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:05:41 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 09:15:46 PM by Crestington

Oh yes. blame cryptsy for the coin having a broken chain. blame cryptsy for the insane block reward making each coin worthless.

Yes i see where cryptsy is at fault. im neither a cryptsy fanbot or a col hater. but coins such as ifc dont have that issue.

Cryptsy is at fault here since they had the means and opportunity to inform us of what they planned to do but did not and as a result, investors lost approximately 250,000 usd. I will be posting Skype logs later on confirming I had talked to Bit John days prior including a message the day before the delisting announcement stating we have a team to fix the problem and would begin fundraising for the fix but again, no notice.
dengnizaidongji

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:15:16 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2014, 07:13:32 AM by dengnizaidongji

Grin

Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:19:14 AM

I've updated the original post to include the development fund addresses
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:35:22 PM

I've updated the main topic to include the initial details of the Colossuscoin 2.0 IPO
sudo23

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:20:19 PM

Project Development Donation Addresses:
COL: 22wP7kdGCcCKmjSWZBNWauyHiK6KLHN4mX
LTC: LWD421APXW3ZRzem7HbYAD35a54JW3iy3e
BTC: 1PaU2cao6qN7odXjCqHEoSLs4NEpw3JtNU

paddox

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:51:35 PM

It's great news that Cryptsy has agreed to to a swap of Colossuscoin 1.0 coins for Colossuscoin 2.0 coins.
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:32:01 PM

It's great news that Cryptsy has agreed to to a swap of Colossuscoin 1.0 coins for Colossuscoin 2.0 coins.

It is not set in stone yet, I asked bit John about it and he said he would talk to Paul to work it out.
dennislevy

Activity: 300

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:48:59 AM

Hi, I am new here. I registered and posted a reply. Unfortunately when I tried to post the message, it logged me out.
I do not like that when that happens!  Angry I do not know how many really serious people you have working on getting
this coin back up and running again. But we need a mutually meeting place to get a master mind group working together.
I see you have a forum on CollossusCoinTalk.org  We need a master mind group to exchange ideas and marketing. I do
not know how many are really serious on getting this really off the ground. It seems to me over here at bitcointalk the
threads are all over the place. Not very organized. You need an organized concerted effort. I am new to the alt coin
concept. Learning as I go, mostly the hard way. I came across CollossusCoin at Crysptsy. I was at the Official Website,
and came across the wallet issue. Because the Cryptsy deactivation issue. Since then they changed their mind. There
are other coins that had lower volume than Collossus. Did not threaten them! I have some issues with how they operate.
3 month ago, the only alt coins I knew anything about was BitCoin and LiteCoin. Then I find out there are hundreds of
coins out there! And more are coming out everyday! Need to move fast, to get Collossus established or it is going to get
lost in the shuffle. I would like know of the history of CollossusCoin, like who started it. What kind of scrypt is being used.
Maybe that is a problem in itself? I know Bitcoin has SHA-256 scrypt and LiteCoin a different scrypt. Most of the newer
coins are using scrypt based on LiteCoin. After the wallet gets fixed, need a dedicated community working together to
promote CollossusCoin, like the community that Doge has. Including free coin faucets to promote the coin. ReddCoin is
copying the same idea and are probably part of the Doge community? Considering Doge came out in Dec. 2013, they
did a heck of a job establishing it. I think Collossus could do the same thing with a good group of people. Right now I
think you only have a few working with you. Hard to do everything yourself! I like yourself have a daytime job and not
enough $ to pay for the fix myself. I am willing to help in anyway I can to help get funding for fixing the wallet, blockchain,
and additional development. I know Crestington is the head honcho and Sudo23 has decided to help out too. I am
going to do what I can also. I could donate some of my Collussus, but I am not sure that is the way to go, since
you have to turn around and sell it. I saw you mention you could turn it on ebay for 10x its current value. But BitCoin,
LiteCoin and cash would work better. Let me put on my thinking cap and maybe I could come up with some alternate
methods.

Have A Fantastic Week! Crestington and Sudo23
dennislevy

shuaigejc

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:10:37 AM

Good information, I will download the updated.
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 04:45:20 AM

Welcome Dennis. Your enthusiasm in appreciated!
Yes, I as well as others, have been asking to slow things down a bit and consider the best means of updating/upgrading the wallet and blockchain and possibly having extra funds for future marketing. As such, we are continuing further "masterminding" as you put it amongst current investors as well as prospective investors in hopes of coming a bit closer to a concensus in all that we want to have included in the 2.0 version. Although it's not probable to make every single person happy with desired new changes/features, I like that we are continuing on with talking up what is best for the coin as a whole before accepting additional investor pledges. Makes more sense to me to gather further member input. I would visit the forum over there for COL due to the fact that there is a bit more public/private dialogue goings on. 

Hi, I am new here. I registered and posted a reply. Unfortunately when I tried to post the message, it logged me out.
I do not like that when that happens!  Angry I do not know how many really serious people you have working on getting
this coin back up and running again. But we need a mutually meeting place to get a master mind group working together.
I see you have a forum on CollossusCoinTalk.org  We need a master mind group to exchange ideas and marketing. I do
not know how many are really serious on getting this really off the ground. It seems to me over here at bitcointalk the
threads are all over the place. Not very organized. You need an organized concerted effort. I am new to the alt coin
concept. Learning as I go, mostly the hard way. I came across CollossusCoin at Crysptsy. I was at the Official Website,
and came across the wallet issue. Because the Cryptsy deactivation issue. Since then they changed their mind. There
are other coins that had lower volume than Collossus. Did not threaten them! I have some issues with how they operate.
3 month ago, the only alt coins I knew anything about was BitCoin and LiteCoin. Then I find out there are hundreds of
coins out there! And more are coming out everyday! Need to move fast, to get Collossus established or it is going to get
lost in the shuffle. I would like know of the history of CollossusCoin, like who started it. What kind of scrypt is being used.
Maybe that is a problem in itself? I know Bitcoin has SHA-256 scrypt and LiteCoin a different scrypt. Most of the newer
coins are using scrypt based on LiteCoin. After the wallet gets fixed, need a dedicated community working together to
promote CollossusCoin, like the community that Doge has. Including free coin faucets to promote the coin. ReddCoin is
copying the same idea and are probably part of the Doge community? Considering Doge came out in Dec. 2013, they
did a heck of a job establishing it. I think Collossus could do the same thing with a good group of people. Right now I
think you only have a few working with you. Hard to do everything yourself! I like yourself have a daytime job and not
enough $ to pay for the fix myself. I am willing to help in anyway I can to help get funding for fixing the wallet, blockchain,
and additional development. I know Crestington is the head honcho and Sudo23 has decided to help out too. I am
going to do what I can also. I could donate some of my Collussus, but I am not sure that is the way to go, since
you have to turn around and sell it. I saw you mention you could turn it on ebay for 10x its current value. But BitCoin,
LiteCoin and cash would work better. Let me put on my thinking cap and maybe I could come up with some alternate
methods.

Have A Fantastic Week! Crestington and Sudo23
dennislevy
Crestington (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:51:26 AM

The reason I stopped the IPO suddenly was because Sudo sent a test amount to the Cryptsy wallet, they would show and up on the blockchain UT t not on cryptsy. I sent Col coins from Cryptsy to coinedup, they did not arrive. I some coins from coinedup to Cryptsy (have a bit there too), they confirmed but did not arrive.

I would suggest not making Col transfers to or from Cryptsy right now testing first.

I think we should just all pitch in, in Btc, Ltc and use escrow, pay on delivery.  We take a backwards approach and build out in, we all decide how we want to make the coin, float, fee system, security etc. We sell some of the coins and update the client and a swapover only for Colossuscoin for distribution. In a sense we could make a coin 25% bigger than Colossuscoin and give everyone who owns Colossuscoin the opportunity to trade their coins 1:1 against a much better coin that will give them much more advantages. We try to help as many people who legimately lost coins but whatever is left over after 3-6 months is split amongst the initial investors, put in the development fund or both.

Why I say it like this is because this is cryptocurrency and no one owns the coin. The Foundation really is just a group of vocal supporters who are responsible for their own investments. If you lost coins because you are careless with your crypto it is not my problem, why people send billions in transactions without first researching and testing is beyond me. When it comes to the code of the blockchain there is no one to blame except possibly the mentality of the Bitcointalk community itself. They get the coin made and then want the developers to do all the work and get paid nothing.

I would do this for 5% of the new coin and I would put up to $1000 in but it would take a month to raise the funds. I can provide ID and put you in touch with the developers and we can do it all in escrow, pay on delivery. I would say if we want to do this properly it would cost about 20-30 btc and a part of the new coin. I would also want developers from the Bitcointalk community if they would want to get on board, I think this could be the answer to their shitcoin crisis.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: