Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:51:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Burn Satoshis coins to end the threat of prices crashing - Paxful Founder  (Read 811 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 08:14:35 AM

What about legal implications with this?

there are none.

if it's implemented as a soft fork, miners are completely in accordance with the protocol. no rules are being broken. they would only be engaging in behavior the network deems valid.

if it's done as a hard fork, it's just an unrelated spinoff of free open source software. there are many such forgotten spinoffs of bitcoin. no damages there either.

this is all moot since it's pretty clear how the community feels about it......it's very unlikely to be attempted. therefore, get your popcorn ready for when QC breaks bitcoin signatures. then the satoshi coins will start moving again! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 08:24:30 AM

"...CRASHing..." ... Erm ...

- https://cypherpunks.venona.com/date/1993/12/msg00218.html

" I thought of a new name today for digital cash: CRASH, taken from
CRypto cASH.  "How much crash have you got in your account?  Can we FTP
this GIF?"  "Not enough... Hey, can I borrow some crash?"  It has a nice
cyberpunk sound to it.  I don't know if we need a name for the units,
or if we could just get by without.

One of the lessons of the CP publicity is that having a sexy name is
a big plus.

(Apologies if I'm unknowingly regurgitating someone else's idea!)

Hal "

Always, way ahead ...  Tongue

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 09:18:34 AM

What about legal implications with this?

there are none.

if it's implemented as a soft fork, miners are completely in accordance with the protocol. no rules are being broken. they would only be engaging in behavior the network deems valid.

if it's done as a hard fork, it's just an unrelated spinoff of free open source software. there are many such forgotten spinoffs of bitcoin. no damages there either.

this is all moot since it's pretty clear how the community feels about it......it's very unlikely to be attempted. therefore, get your popcorn ready for when QC breaks bitcoin signatures. then the satoshi coins will start moving again! Cheesy

LoL - no clue ?

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 07:21:19 PM

only the BSV crowd is crazy enough to believe that FOSS and decentralized blockchains can be controlled by copyrights and tort lawsuits. FYI there's already a fork that steals the satoshi coins. what are you gonna do, sue the developers? for what? Smiley

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 09:11:30 PM

only the BSV crowd is crazy enough to believe that FOSS and decentralized blockchains can be controlled by copyrights and tort lawsuits. FYI there's already a fork that steals the satoshi coins. what are you gonna do, sue the developers? for what? Smiley

Central governance is not BitCoin, how long will such crap stay viable?

Devs (or any individuals) are really responsible for whatever they do in public. If someone does shit and robbery, suit cases are incoming mostly for sure. You would just stay silent i bet ...

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: