Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:26:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining on cheap fpga dev board?  (Read 387 times)
kallstrom_74 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 01:47:15 PM

Is it possible to use some cheaper fpga devoloper board..max 150$ ish for mining? so that there are mining software that fits and so?
0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 22, 2019, 02:55:17 PM

any fpga can be utilized to mine cryptos but the main challange is
no one is going to provide you with the bitstreams for the fpga
and you will need to have good technical background and coding to make your own
if you can do that then you go
if no
do not even think about getting a fpga
domi.no

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 01:11:01 AM

Is it possible to use some cheaper fpga devoloper board..max 150$ ish for mining? so that there are mining software that fits and so?

I bought a couple de10_nano FPGA boards to mess around with. Currently using them to mine Digibyte (DGB) using their new odocrypt algo. Very low power consumption and 1 de10_nano runs around 50mh/s.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4382
Merit: 3672

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
October 09, 2019, 03:33:00 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2019, 03:46:29 PM by vapourminer

By the way, there was mentioned Xilinx VU9P FPGA board with the link to Amazon where it is possible to buy this board at the cheapest price, and there was mentioned that this board comes with a pretty bad cooling, so for a good job in mining you need to manually perform the required settings and improvements. Frankly speaking, I didn't used this FPGA board, because I'm not a miner, but simply I prefer reading articles of these guys, because they have a lot of information about mining, crytocurrency news and the thing I like the most reading articles from that site is that the authors of articles explain difficult themes in simple words

you are correct, the standard stock Xilinx VCU1525 do not have the VRM and cooling capacity to compete with BCU1525s, which have been beefed up considerably.

thay CAN be used, however not with locked (unsure if thats the term) bitstreams, and with reduced workload compared to the BCU and its variants.

you used to be able to get refurbished BCU1525s at fpga.land for ~$2,000 USD but they are sold out at the moment.

https://shop.fpga.guide/collections/all/products/refurbished-bcu1525?variant=29239864623197

EDIT i have a bcu1525
livestrongg

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 02:08:12 PM

I still do not understand a little what to mean (mine light)? I started the program. what am I currently lane?

Miner cgminer

Pool 50 BTC

check marks are: CPU mining and mining litecoin

these settings are on all 3 computers.

I don’t understand about the worker. = (

can I step by step about workers? or a link where described

I created a worker in the program, added a worker on the site, writes that he is off

Another question arose. How does this affect the operation of this program?
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 06:51:43 PM

There some guides on other sites where you can see which FPGA are able to mine with altcoin including the bitstream it seems some of the above post already shared the link but the link directly to the shop. Let me link you the guide about FPGA.

Here's the link https://fpga.guide/en/
They will show you which FPGA unit are able to mine. I believe that the FPGA you are talking about is only board.

I still do not understand a little what to mean (mine light)? I started the program. what am I currently lane?

Miner cgminer

Pool 50 BTC

check marks are: CPU mining and mining litecoin

these settings are on all 3 computers.

I don’t understand about the worker. = (

can I step by step about workers? or a link where described

I created a worker in the program, added a worker on the site, writes that he is off

Another question arose. How does this affect the operation of this program?
Are you going to mine litecoin with CPU? actually you are off-topic this post is not related to the topic but I can help you just tell me what coin you are trying to mine and let me know if you are going to mine litecoin or other coins?
mistreee

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2020, 11:09:20 PM

more guides  if you plz
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: