Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:53:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MONERO - $2500  (Read 723 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 05:04:20 PM

Official capital is resisting privacy. However, this market will sooner or later give the necessary value to confidentiality-based coins. This is my opinion because it would be an alternative to the current economy.

True. I wouldn't doubt the fact that XMr will be one of the best actual "cryptocurrencies" in terms of people's real use of it, and its practicality and scalability.

But with people's fear that XMR will get delisted as a matter of time from big time exchanges due to regulation changes, and the perennial concern over government's stance over anonymous coins in general, it is extremely hard for hype or FOMO to ever really kick off. Couple that with the fact that XMR's community has been historical quite rational and unencouraging of hype, we'll likely never see much volatility.

Unless BTC sees an extremely large bull run (which seems unlikely at the moment), I doubt that XMR will see any formidable price hike. Vice versa, I don't see any reason that its value should come crashing down even with all the additional restrictions on exchanges with trading it. It's fulfilling its role as a currency a lot better than most other cryptos, but it's just not going to be a good speculative coin.

Right now only coin that is at least a bit used and adopted is Bitcoin. None of the other is used much. Monero have clear use case and when/"if" people will start start using it that will cause great demand. No matter how much markets will be open to buy Monero. With atomic swaps that exchanging should be quite simple.  Monero stock to flow ratio is higher then Bitcoins and in a year time will be also higher then stock to flow ratio of Gold. But that means nothing. Because Gold exist 10000 years and is fully adopted. Monero exist 5 and Bitcoin 10 years, so they  have most adoption ahead of it. So is not wise to expect much from its stock to flow ratio.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AUruHM

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2019, 05:20:37 PM

Right now only coin that is at least a bit used and adopted is Bitcoin. None of the other is used much. Monero have clear use case and when/"if" people will start start using it that will cause great demand. No matter how much markets will be open to buy Monero. With atomic swaps that exchanging should be quite simple.  Monero stock to flow ratio is higher then Bitcoins and in a year time will be also higher then stock to flow ratio of Gold. But that means nothing. Because Gold exist 10000 years and is fully adopted. Monero exist 5 and Bitcoin 10 years, so they  have most adoption ahead of it. So is not wise to expect much from its stock to flow ratio.   
It's a so unstable situation with an undefinable result. What about a currency that was stable but is history now? Italian lira, franc, escudo, gulden, something else - where are those currency? Simply under the law because of the Euro. We can see the same for Monero and other privacy. And it scares me. Gold and silver have a long history of becoming. That's why they left along. But privacy crypto can become illegal in the same way.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 02:32:45 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2019, 02:47:27 PM by Febo

Right now only coin that is at least a bit used and adopted is Bitcoin. None of the other is used much. Monero have clear use case and when/"if" people will start start using it that will cause great demand. No matter how much markets will be open to buy Monero. With atomic swaps that exchanging should be quite simple.  Monero stock to flow ratio is higher then Bitcoins and in a year time will be also higher then stock to flow ratio of Gold. But that means nothing. Because Gold exist 10000 years and is fully adopted. Monero exist 5 and Bitcoin 10 years, so they  have most adoption ahead of it. So is not wise to expect much from its stock to flow ratio.  
It's a so unstable situation with an undefinable result. What about a currency that was stable but is history now? Italian lira, franc, escudo, gulden, something else - where are those currency? Simply under the law because of the Euro. We can see the same for Monero and other privacy. And it scares me. Gold and silver have a long history of becoming. That's why they left along. But privacy crypto can become illegal in the same way.

Cryptocurency can become illegal at some places. But that will not stop them. If people will find it useful they will use it. Bitcoin was illegal and still is at some countries but people still use it.  Bitcoin and Monero are not only unstoppable by anyone but also no one can prevent someone use it. Everyone can use it. If you are 150 cm tall or 220 cm. If you have white hair or black hair. Everyone.

At the end only people will chose what they will use. So far I see no one is building houses with glass walls and everyone close door when using public restroom. Companies do not show their competition how big salary they give or hw much they pay their suppliers. People, companies and governments do care about privacy.
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 05:18:38 PM

2,5 k is too much mate, i think 800$ is very posible if the market will go into a bull run

You can simply check the highest price for Monero, when we had a bull run in 2017 and Bitcoin was close to 20 thousand. It was under 500 dollars. So, it is not possible even to imagine that this cryptocurrency can reach 2/5 thousand, and even 800 in the nearest time. Nevertheless, it is good crypto and it is valued due to the anonymity, which Monero provides.  It is trusted crypto.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 06:26:32 PM

it's impossible for Monero to touch $2500 and there's no reason for that. Manero highest price is $494 and it is too far from $2500. I think $500 is anough for Manero if bull run could happen.
nothing impossible in crypto indstry, remember when bitcoin price touch about $1K people think this price could be the highest price of bitcoin
but the fact, bitcoin can touch about 20K usd right ?
the moment of Bitcoin and Monero is very different, so we can't equate the situation experienced by Monero with Bitcoin.

and monero was known as the best privacy coins, so, monero will touch that level but for long term, maybe above 5 year mate
just my opinion
IMO, in the next 5 years, it is still impossible for Monero to reach $ 2500, I think the highest price of Monero is only around $ 800-1400.

diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 07:02:14 PM

2,5 k is too much mate, i think 800$ is very posible if the market will go into a bull run

You can simply check the highest price for Monero, when we had a bull run in 2017 and Bitcoin was close to 20 thousand. It was under 500 dollars. So, it is not possible even to imagine that this cryptocurrency can reach 2/5 thousand, and even 800 in the nearest time. Nevertheless, it is good crypto and it is valued due to the anonymity, which Monero provides.  It is trusted crypto.

I am not sure whether the OP have checked the market value of this coin maximum worth of not. We need to look at the price at all the time but most of the people don't do that and start the big speculation whatever they wish.

I feel this coin may goes till 300 USD before 2020 end. Maximum value will be this but not sure whether it goes up or down.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 11, 2019, 07:54:59 PM

Isn't monero the number 1 privacy coin?  Shouldn't that mean a lot then?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: