Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:36:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum update  (Read 651 times)
javadsalehi (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 07:52:57 PM

I heard Ethereum will be updated to Ethereum 2 in early 2020.
I would appreciate you if you answer my questions.
1. Will there be a fork like we had for bitcoin cash? Or we will have to deposit our Ethereums to an address to get ETH2 in a new address? Or our Ethereum will be updated automatically?
2. What do you think about regulations? Is it possible that we will be forced to pass KYC to get ETH2?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 23, 2019, 08:21:36 PM

1. Will there be a fork like we had for bitcoin cash? Or we will have to deposit our Ethereums to an address to get ETH2 in a new address? Or our Ethereum will be updated automatically?
2. What do you think about regulations? Is it possible that we will be forced to pass KYC to get ETH2?
The fork was already completed back in Feb. 2019 (Constantinople). AFAIK there will be no "ETH2" coins that will be issued, it will be the same ETH since it's a network upgrade. I'm curious how the migration from POW to POS will be.
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:22:23 PM

They will just upgrade ETH network and they promised to do following: to reduce the miner rewards by 50 percent, to increase the transaction speed and to lower transaction fees. If everything would be realised it could help ETH to finally raise in price.

Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:34:51 PM

Definitely no KYC. As of the fork, I believe Ethereum developers are trying to migrate in a completely new chain hence a swap would be a probable in which case, users need to prove their holdings but that would be a large hassle. They may opt out for a fork where user has to do nothing.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

betty11
Copper Member

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 05:48:53 PM

There will be no KYC to receive future ETH  hardfork if there will be any. Requesting for KYC to receive a decentralized forked coin is just another scam. As for the upcoming eth upgrade, there will be no new coin created.
d_fitrie

Activity: 589
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 06:11:38 PM

I feel disappointed when fork Constantinople because there is no significant increase in prices, my expectations on Ethereum 2 early 2020 will be different, all waiting for an increase in altcoin, especially Ethereum in the future
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 07:32:46 PM

No there is not going to be any ETH fork which is called hardfork,the update is just a normal update for eth without splitting or giving birth to another coin,ETH going to ETH2.0 is not a swap to another coin,its just like a network upgrade is all
Bonwin

Activity: 798
Merit: 38

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 08:45:55 PM

There have been talks on the ethereum block chain upgrade for quite some time and I think it is particularly on the scalability, because that is the problem that has been confronting Ethereum network. So, another token will not be created, but that there will be an improvement in the network. If the issue of scalability can be solved, it will then be singlehandedly agreed that ethereum network is the vest, when it comes to smart contract.
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 08:52:43 PM

I think there will not be any other or newer eth coins produced even after all these upgrades simply because they are using different techniques to resolve scalability issues that do not require hard forks, im just waiting for all these upgrades to complete and see eths new form as a highly advanced and modern blockchain network with realtime solutions.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 09:02:08 PM

So moon will be after the fork then?

Halving usually makes its price shoot up and so if they adjust the transaction fee then this will be good for the ETH fans and the projects using their network too at least this time the gas will not be such a burden. I haven't read the update. Did they mention about their TPS also?  It will still have the same problem if the congested network is not going to be solve with this update.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 11:40:58 PM

1. There will be no more fork will be generated through the future fork of ethereum and QDAO was the only one the case that created the fork chain of ethereum called ethereum classic.
I thought if it's enough to hold your funds or ethereum in your personal wallet and ethereum will be updated automatically based on how much nodes will be upgrade its client to the future clients that contains the update
2. Please, there will be no more new ethereum fork coin and you can forget ETH2 because it's stated so many times if the next ethereum fork will not generate a new coin and ETC is the last one.
You don't need to pas KYC and it can't be disturbed by the regulation.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 04:54:26 AM

I reckon Ethereum 2.0's release might be similar to the SEC's approval of a bitcoin ETF. Many delays.

I predict that Vitalik's release might not be until 2022 or never hehehe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Annexia

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2019, 06:51:01 AM

Ethereum fork again? Why then is the price doing down? Akm seriously hoping for ethereum moon.

█████     |       E3T.co       |       IEO on Dcoin       |    █████
───────           Connecting Global Entrepreneurs              ───────
p2pclub

Activity: 77
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 07:17:12 AM

I may think about your 2nd questions :

Oh yes, we will be forced to do KYC before using ETH service. That's fair to tracking scam projects, but somehow, it made ETH is not anonymous network anymore.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 02:37:55 AM

Ethereum fork again? Why then is the price doing down? Akm seriously hoping for ethereum moon.

The answer is clear, because this version of Ethereum is not working as Vitalik had promised. It is not scalable. It failed.

Also, where is the hard fork to proof of stake? I reckon Vitalik should address this. He might be avoiding it because it will highlight his team's failure.

The digital ledger behind the supposed better version of Bitcoin is running out of capacity.

That was the warning last week from Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin, who noted that the cost of processing transactions done in the digital token Ether on the underlying blockchain may get too expensive for some users.

Ether’s network utilization has spiked into the 90% level, according to tracker Etherscan.io. As utilization increases, transactions costs could follow suit, possibly making potential corporate users hesitate to use Ethereum, Buterin said.

Almost two years ago, Ethereum was getting clogged up as the digital game CryptoKitties took off. Then thousands of initial coin offerings, which turned out to be mostly scams, took up space on the network. More recently, though, as a majority of the ICOs went bust, a new tenant is taking over Ethereum: The controversial coin known as Tether.

In the last 30 days, Tether paid computers which process transactions on Ethereum’s digital ledger $260,000 in fees, according to data researcher Ethgasstation.info. That’s about 17.5 times more than CryptoKitties and six times more than the world’s largest distributed exchange, IDEX.

As Tether takes up more capacity, that leaves less for other developers. Ethereum was touted by enthusiasts when it was created as a better Bitcoin -- one with extra features that would let people automate tasks and even set up so-called autonomous corporations, ones that run themselves via software. But most of the most popular so-called dapps -- apps designed for such networks -- currently run on competing digital ledgers, according to tracker DappRadar.com.

Read in full https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-26/ethereum-almost-full-as-controversial-coin-gobbles-up-capacity

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Ibizugbe1

Activity: 272
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 02:41:59 AM

This is just an update of the network for a better performance and more scalableness. And equally for the redcution of miner's reward and no new coin is going to be created. More-so, forked doesn't need KYC.
mrvuit
Copper Member

Activity: 81
Merit: 85

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 04:21:11 AM

- Never have KYC
- Most likely you don't need to do anything
AlaEhBTC

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 04:41:33 AM

I hope that this update can make ethereum rise again as its price remains on the bearish side. If this is true then we can expect more altcoins to be born again.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 08:55:01 AM

You can learn more about upgrading to Ethereum 2.0 from the documentation on Github.
Here, for example, are the transition phases: https://docs.ethhub.io/ethereum-roadmap/ethereum-2.0/eth-2.0-phases/
And here the process of ETH1 migration to ETH2 is described: https://docs.ethhub.io/ethereum-roadmap/ethereum-2.0/eth-1.0-to-2.0-migration/
ashraf79

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 10:45:07 AM

No forced to pass KYC, not in crypto market
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: