Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:06:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Yes!! Binance To Provide VIP Status For Hacked Accounts  (Read 283 times)
Prateek_sharma (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 06:54:04 AM

Well!! Did you know? after the hack, binance has provided a VIP status for the hacked accounts.

Source: https://coinpedia.org/cryptocurrency-bulletin/binance-vip-status-hacked-accounts/

What's your Point of view on this?
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 08:06:16 AM

Not so many advantages already offered by binance VIP account membership, for me it's still not worth with my personal account that already leaked to the network.
In that article has already mentioned if binance asked to apply new KYC documents and this is a joke.
Binance must deal even more if there was a customer that comes from EU(GDPR).
Barracuda

Activity: 514
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 09:06:14 AM

Not so many advantages already offered by binance VIP account membership

Only a few benefits are obtained for VIP accounts. If there are not many benefits for VIP accounts, obviously not comparable to a leaked database, Hacked accounts reach 60k user accounts. Fantastic number.

For the number of times Binance has been attacked again by hackers, Binance has always been the main goal of hackers.
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 10:29:41 AM

IMHO, there's no such treatment that can ever replace once your information has been taken by the hacker.

But if that's their way of regain the trust of their users, I guess it's not a bad idea.
cudora
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 10:31:49 AM

As far as I know, no funds were affected during this hack right? Thats why I cannot get people bothering about personal data, because if you have already passed KYC the possibility that your personal data is already leaked is huge. Calm down and get your benefits from Binance VIP Smiley

masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 12:48:18 PM

Well!! Did you know? after the hack, binance has provided a VIP status for the hacked accounts.

Source: https://coinpedia.org/cryptocurrency-bulletin/binance-vip-status-hacked-accounts/

For me its a kind of showing credit from the Binance team to eased the tension and calming those affected users. I think there was no funds affecting that glitch, so its nothing IMHO! Binance was very attracted to hackers due to its popularity and status as one of the worlds largest crypto-exchange. Data leaked is not new in our time we must accept this fact. Im a binance user since 2017 and i believe that no perfect system in the internet all is subjected to vulnerabilities and Binance is not spare from this.
d_fitrie

Activity: 589

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:15:53 PM

Are there any reports of how much funds have been lost from 60k accounts due to hackers?
I regret the hacking incident occurred again and from the other side, appreciate the binance team who have given awards for hacked accounts.
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 01:25:50 PM

It's a dilemma whether to be happy or be sad for the hacked users. But as the images unfold, it's really difficult for anyone to use that passport to verify for any other services but it of course reveals the identity of the users which may put them into risk from both criminals and government agencies. The users residing in countries having oppressive laws about crypto and the one that would draft in the future would be affected the most.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
abi1988

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:36:43 PM

Are there any reports of how much funds have been lost from 60k accounts due to hackers?
I regret the hacking incident occurred again and from the other side, appreciate the binance team who have given awards for hacked accounts.
I am also sorry for the hacking incidents that occurred again at binance, the binance team should have made even higher security, because they are always attacked by hackers and that can be a valuable lesson for binance, because binance has become a good exchange and visited a lot. by traders and investors, so there are always unexpected attacks from hackers.
ganeshramk

Activity: 868
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:40:50 PM

Interesting to see this development. However I am not understanding the benefits coming out of VIP account. Could you please explain this in detail?
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:47:32 PM

Oh the kyc leak is actually true.
Well, it seems they are doing this to quickly help those that are affected by the leak. The number of those affected according to the article is 60,000. That is so much people to attend to hence the need for the special treatment I guess .
nxnqauff

Activity: 840
Merit: 17

PG-PAY Gold Backed Token

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:48:37 PM

Interesting to see this development. However I am not understanding the benefits coming out of VIP account. Could you please explain this in detail?

I was about to ask the same question. What is the real benefit of having VIP account in Binance? One will be giving preference on their IEOs? Or no trading fees or commission?

●   GOLD-BACKED TOKEN   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  First Payment Gateway To Use  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  PGPAY  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:54:35 PM

That is all? VIP status? And what they do if someone takes a loan in the name of the victim?
By the way, how can I verify that I am not at the list of hacked accounts?

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
omone1

Activity: 843
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 01:55:33 PM

It's okay to compensate affected users, but the benefit are not so much though. They will need to apply for KYC again.  I hope this won't repeat itself, it's a very dangerous incident.  
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2019, 02:08:54 PM

I am not a user of Binance but if I were a customer of Binance then I wouldn't be happy with the VIP features compensation against the back and the KYC leaks. In anyway it is not equal to the loss that resulted from those hacks.

They should try to fix this and assure their customers that it won't happen again instead otherwise this will happen again and again.
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
August 24, 2019, 03:24:30 PM
Merited by freigeist (1)

Seems like many traders/investors weigh their cost of their personal Identification and legal state information to the cost of 1 Binance VIP account. Concurrently, this is how much Binance thinks your life and blood in the world costs.

Appears to be pretty insulting, if you actually value yourself, credit and everything else in this world that's tied directly to this information.

Food for thought, why should you trust Binance with funds if you can't trust them with your KYC information?
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:21:50 AM

The company has asked affected users to apply for new identification (KYC) documents in their respective regions.  Grin

What else to say, let's get new documents for hackers, instead of introducing anonymity and completely abolishing the passage of kyc, they ask for new documents. And their benefits after the leak of documents are no longer needed by many.
ancafe

Activity: 1638
Merit: 693

View Profile
August 25, 2019, 04:45:46 AM

60000 KYC leak? wow, that's a pretty big leak. it is appropriate for the account involved to move up to the VIP level as an apology. however, they need to update their KYC data again according to their respective regions.

Well, even though there are quite a lot of people who feel pretty heavy about it, I think binance is still trying to fix this. I am a binance user, it's just that I haven't verified the KYC I have, so I think it's good to keep up with this development.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 08:38:33 AM

Well, that is their own luck, I am not sure that the benefit that is attached to a VIP account and that of the normal account has much difference, I believe it is just a way to still appeal to them and make them to continue to stay with the exchange, but wait, those people are really VIP, because I learnt that what was taken away from binance account is about $41 million and this came from very few accounts.

It mean the least in those account might be like $2 million dollars, aren’t they VIP indeed, and to think of it also, why would someone even keep such big amount of money in an exchange when they can easily make use of  hardware wallet? I totally understand that risk is everywhere, but hardware wallet is still much safer than an exchange for such amount of money.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 27, 2019, 08:57:07 AM

Well, that is their own luck, I am not sure that the benefit that is attached to a VIP account and that of the normal account has much difference, I believe it is just a way to still appeal to them and make them to continue to stay with the exchange, but wait, those people are really VIP, because I learnt that what was taken away from binance account is about $41 million and this came from very few accounts.

It mean the least in those account might be like $2 million dollars, aren’t they VIP indeed, and to think of it also, why would someone even keep such big amount of money in an exchange when they can easily make use of  hardware wallet? I totally understand that risk is everywhere, but hardware wallet is still much safer than an exchange for such amount of money.
Though there is not much of benefits in being a VIP account, the step taken forward by Binance is appreciable. More than 6000 accounts have got affected with this data leakage. Now to gain the trust of the users more support and services were provided for them. Earlier during the hack also they settled to the users who lost.

Same time Binance keeps working to improve their security features as users were experiencing difficulties often. Keeping such big funds in exchange is not recommended, but daily traders do trade in large volume regularly. This is the reason for the users to prefer to hold large funds on exchanges even though there is hardware wallets which is highly secure.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████