Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:05:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Different Graded coins - BCP, Kialara error, Binary Eagles, and more!!!!  (Read 295 times)
owlcatz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1968

View Profile
August 26, 2019, 01:13:46 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2019, 01:45:11 AM by owlcatz

Hi - Just went through my collection and  I have the following graded coins for sale. Cheesy

Click any photo below for bigness

2014 Sol Noctis .01 (Loaded) - MS68 ANACS (Latest label/slab - white and light green) - Comes with original case and COA from Poland Mint

More info: https://coinfirm.org/product-category/sol-noctis

Proof of funding: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1KPL7nrd7Z2D5C9rtHUXtH95C4xrGAZd1m

Price: 0.043BTC

2017 Kialara Moon Error Coin (Only 117 Exist) - ANACS MS68 (Latest label/slab - white and light green) - Unfunded

Info: https://kialara.com/moon-production-updates/

Price: 0.06BTC

2018 Bitcoinpenny 1/4oz. Platinum Round - ICG MS67 PL (No load value) - Blue label

Info:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4731555.0

Price: 0.03BTC

2018 Bitcoinpenny 1/4oz. Platinum Round - ICG PR64 DCAM (No load value) - Blue label

Info: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4731555.0

Price: 0.022BTC

2014 NastyFans Gilt Silver (One Seat) - ANACS MS68 (Old Yellow label)

Somehow, this seated coin has amassed a grand total of: https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1NastyAuoVUgytfkaY76raHbjqsZZHY8Yy

Price: 0.025BTC

Note: All Bitcoinpenny coins come with original COA and pouch. Wink

Shipping: USA - Free | Elsewhere, it depends.

Thanks for looking, cheers. Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
owlcatz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 01:45:55 AM

bumpity. Minerjones for escrow if desired. Thanks! Cheesy

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 12115

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 09:10:02 AM

Whats the difference between the two platinum btc-penny coins ?

XhomerX10 designed my nice avatar HATs!!!!!  Thanks Bro
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1278

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 09:53:20 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2019, 10:06:14 AM by Heisenberg_Hunter

Whats the difference between the two platinum btc-penny coins ?
When I initially came to this topic, I just had the same question as yours and was wondering what these were  Cheesy And made a little research on what these grading systems were actually and got to know a little about them. I am very new to coin collecting and collectibles, probably I got to know about these slabs and grading systems only this year.  Embarrassed

Regarding your question, there are two types of grading mentioned in the topic.

One was the MINT STATE coins (MS) : The Mint State coins were the ones which were never handled or never were in circulation and they look how they came from Mint. The grading numbers ranges from 70 - 60. MS70 will be the most perfect mint coin which would have no visible marks or small bends etc. The grading number would go in a descending way meaning the 70 will be too good and have a higher premium and the 60 will be a little bad with some bends and marks which are visible through naked eyes. The one in picture is MS67 which means they do have few tiny marks on coin surface.

The second one is PROOF COIN (PR) : Proof Coins are not just a different coin, they are a method of minting the coin AFAIK. The coin surface of MS would be matte finish whereas the PR would be mirror finish with a frosted look of the logo. But what I am confused is that the MS coin is also mirror finished right? Both these look quite good and similar  Huh PR might have a limited mintage! But since the grading number is just PR64 they have been priced lower by owlcatz I guess.

The DCAM will be shiny and stands for DEEP CAMEO. They are shinier than CAMEO coins and less shinier than Ultra Cameo.
owlcatz (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 12:38:14 PM

Yes, you are correct on all the info above. The two coins are from the same run by Bitcoinpenny, so I'm not really sure why one was PR and the other MS.

I do know they were each sent in a separate batch, so that may have something to do with it - Personally, I don't believe it should be PR64, but rather MS64. I blame ICG for that, but they are getting WAY better now. I should get it relabeled/graded, but I have too many things going on.

As for why one was DCAM and the other was not, I have no idea. Huh

HTH

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
JUPITYR

Activity: 464
Merit: 74

View Profile
August 28, 2019, 12:50:03 PM

Yes, you are correct on all the info above. The two coins are from the same run by Bitcoinpenny, so I'm not really sure why one was PR and the other MS.

I do know they were each sent in a separate batch, so that may have something to do with it - Personally, I don't believe it should be PR64, but rather MS64. I blame ICG for that, but they are getting WAY better now. I should get it relabeled/graded, but I have too many things going on.

HTH

ICG has a specific grader assigned to crypto now, so we should see more consistency going forward with respect to the either MS or PR designations. Also, some crypto releases that are not specifically minted to be a proof coins may classify as "Proof Like", or PL, which is just to indicate that while they are not intentionally minted to be proofs they share some of the reflective surface qualities that proof coins do.
Agrawas

Activity: 1736
Merit: 501

https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2019, 03:39:42 PM

HTH

ICG has a specific grader assigned to crypto now, so we should see more consistency going forward with respect to the either MS or PR designations. Also, some crypto releases that are not specifically minted to be a proof coins may classify as "Proof Like", or PL, which is just to indicate that while they are not intentionally minted to be proofs they share some of the reflective surface qualities that proof coins do.

Just to add little bit to that, The PL is designated based on reflective surface of coin and for how much distance it gives a perfect reflection of the item on the coin, little details on how different PL coins are slabbed by different grading companies..

http://www.coingrading.com/plcoins1.html

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: