Bitcoin Forum
September 19, 2019, 10:02:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0 sat/byte fee ?  (Read 326 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1880

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 03:03:26 PM
Merited by bones261 (2), mocacinno (1)

Thank you for the answer. I admit I didn't really quite understand everything needed for a person to get the tx confirmed, but I understand that there is still a possibility, and because of that possibility, it could be
What i meanth is that if you want to create a 0 fee transaction and even have a very small chance of getting it confirmed, you'll have to find a "path" of 0-fee-accepting node(s) that lead to a 0-fee-accepting node that belongs to a miner... Only if you find such a path, you'll have a (very small) chance the miner will put your transaction into the block he/she is working on, and an even small chance the miner finds a valid blockheader...
Finding 0-fee-accepting nodes is not easy to begin with... You can probably try to connect to as many nodes as possible and look at their versions, recent bitcoin core versions would have had to actively patch their node's code in order to accept 0 fee transactions (thus, the odds of them actually accepting said transactions is VERY small). Older core versions and alternative versions would (theoretically) have the highest odds of accepting 0 fee transactions.

If you want to test out wether or not a node accepts your transaction, you'll probably have to create 2 nodes on 2 different machines, connect them both to the node you are testing. Then broadcast your 0 fee transaction to said node from your first node and see if the tested node broadcast the 0 fee transaction to your second node. If it does, at least you know the tested node RELAYS 0 fee transactions Smiley
Here's a small, non-technical, intersting reading piece about how transaction relaying works... It's interesting, but it does not offer a real "answer" in this discussion tough => https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Network#Standard_relaying

or alternatively, just connect to miner nodes directly, and see which accept 0-fee transactions when you try to relay.

the block explorer sites usually publish the IP address of smaller miners. connect your Bitcoin node to those, and start trying.

Vires in numeris
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.