Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does SMOS works with the Gridseeds ???  (Read 1013 times)
cryptoba (OP)

Activity: 435
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:04:29 AM

Hi,

I just would like to know if SMOS works for Gridseeds ??
Thanks in advance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kieths

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:11:33 PM

I'm interested as well.

SMOS is based on BAMT, and defaults to mining with CGMiner.
I've searched for Gridseed with BAMT and found nothing.
But Gridseed does work with CGMiner.  More reading says a modified version of CGMiner is preferred (required?), which allows possible software overclocking (unverified) to some degree, and improved hash statistics. 

Ideally, I would prefer a version of SMOS which would optionally handle both Gpu and Scrypt capable ASIC's together, to take advantage of all hardware available. AND, would also be CPU mining enabled as a user option (the m/b's already running, why not pull another 100k if it's there? ).
mrca

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 03:14:25 PM

Hi,
hope it's not too late...

Short answer: Yes (I'm dual mining single GS on a 7950 SMOS rig)
Long answer - later, if my answer is still useful.

The real problem is here:
Hi,
I'm a happy SMOS user.
I keep 1-2 rigs with it, and let it donate at midnight...

My problem is that I've compiled another cgminer on it - for GridSeed - and now it's down after Your 15 minutes...
I have no problem to mine those minutes for donation, BUT I don't want to wake-up, replug the GSs, restart, etc..., neither to lose money!

Please provide a way to work around (I know how to disable donation, but I WANT to keep donate! I'm a good guy!)

So, if You answer before my night grumpiness takes over and fiddle with the cron, I'll be donating till the end of crypto days...

Thanks for the good work,

When I'll solve this problem too, I promise to write something about it... until then, google like me and test everything!

SupercellKid

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:39:51 AM

Oh please do. Windows has been a complete failure with Gridseeds. no problem mining the GPu, but want use a USB linux distro to control Gridseeds on a separate box to my windows box, but am a total linux and ASIC Noob. I just dont know where to start or what to do. I just dont even know if SMOS or BAMT will be useful to me. On this linux box I will be mining the Seeds only, that box has a nVidia card and I wont even bother getting any Hash's from that. I think at best it was only ever good for 80kh/s So any and all help I could receive to get up and running with a linux Distro on USB to control Gridseed 5 chip Dual miners (scrypt only) would be greatly and muchly appreciated because like the other guys above I have googled and googled and found next to nothing that is specific to my needs.

Thanks a Tonne in Advance Cheesy
mrca

Activity: 43

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2014, 10:33:37 PM

@Supercell:
Hi, I don't have good news: it works as I wrote before, BUT:
 - SMOS never replied >> so I deactivated their donation scheme
 - Once at 2~4 days it stops (and if I sleep or I'm gone, I've lost more than 15min/24h)
 - I triple-mine on that rig (GPU, and dual GS), and I've tested BAMT with GPU+ASIC+CPU

From what I've seen, SMOS is newer than BAMT (miner-wise and drivers), and other donation mechanism (a little harder)
So, they took BAMT, updated it (me too...), a little obfuscation in donation scripts, and nicer reporting (??)

Methodology: (I can't tell You which keys to push!...)
 - any Linux GS guide (I also used RPi's)
 - Compile and Install ALL they ask - including GS-enabled cgminer and cpuminer
(that's why You HAVE to know what are You doing...)
 - start them in two screens - sha first, scrypt later...
 - Break Your coffee cup when Donation kicks in!...

Hope You'll manage it, I'll check this thread later...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: