Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:56:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible for us to get the price back up  (Read 4649 times)
MrAnderson

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 11:02:33 AM

Is it possible for us to work together to get the price back up to about 15-30?
Legally that is.

So how much have you lost?

$500

I bought at $6.8...  Sad

Total investment was around $1,300.

And you absolutely lament not knowing enough when you were a newbie (Price was at $8) to buy HEAPS & then sell at $35/btc

AAAAAAAAAAAGHH!  Grin

>>> 1BcfL1QAZsxtpd92YYsbvDyih45mwA9xSo << Willing to endure the cringe-worthy Australian stereotypes for donations.

I'll wrestle a crocodile, show you my knife, throw shrimp on the BBQ, F**k your wife. Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 01:15:01 PM

Are you still holding?  Cause I see further drops on the horizon.  Absolutely nothing has changed thus far, so downtrend should continue with minor hiccups along the way. 

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
gewure

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

[#][#][#]

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 02:41:26 PM

Legally that is.

I think you're well meaning, but why would we want the price to be 15-30? There's no fundamentals to support that price. I (and others) would like to see $1 - $1.50 and slow growth from there, which includes real commerce and not just speculation.

-Jonathan

i support that.

stable growth from $1.50 sounds good to me. would also probably get a bunch of new people into BTC cause everybody be like "BUY NOW FOR GODS SAKE!"

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 02:45:45 PM

Or, if you'd rather not endure the wait time to wire $1 million to MtGox you can go down to the bank, take out $1 million, and then light it on fire.
that would be illegal.
Huh? Why?

Intentional destruction of US currency is a crime under federal law.  Luckily it only applies to physical currency otherwise every banker would be in jail right now.  I would consider subprime loans to people without income on homes worth less than the loan to be the closest thing to intentional destruction of money I have seen in a long time.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 02:56:14 PM

Legally that is.

I think you're well meaning, but why would we want the price to be 15-30? There's no fundamentals to support that price. I (and others) would like to see $1 - $1.50 and slow growth from there, which includes real commerce and not just speculation.

-Jonathan

i support that.

stable growth from $1.50 sounds good to me. would also probably get a bunch of new people into BTC cause everybody be like "BUY NOW FOR GODS SAKE!"

No its not that, if the fundamentals don't change we are heading for sub-penny prices.
I am not one of these pessimists who think they cannot change and bitcoin is doomed but something must happen along these following lines:

resources sold for bitcoin
decentralized exchange
more productive userbase
grassroots projects
existing merchants doing well

I see nothing of the sort yet.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 03:20:58 PM

I am waiting not for changes to how Bitcoin works, but tools to make it accessible to 99.999999% of the world population. We need very easy ways to transport Bitcoin offline (i.e. public/private key systems) and allow someone without a highschool education to redeem them on a smartphone without opening multiple online accounts with financial institutions. I think this will attract more banks to accept the idea of bitcoin when they can feel they can dupe Aunt May to then 'deposit' her Bitcoin in their bank. I know this may sound stupid, but evolution is about adaptability, not superiority.
+1

I agree with this 100%. To me Bitcoin is great from both technical and economic standpoint. I don't mind it if someone comes up with something even better and manages to create a clearly superior cryptocurrency, but that's not the main issue. Bitcoin is fine, what isn't fine is that it's still unknown to most people, it's difficult to understand, it's not easy enough for regular people and it doesn't have a good image/reputation. What also matters is the price development it has had for the last few months.

And most importantly, it is not offered as a payment method almost anywhere. Only very rare merchants accept Bitcoins. It's very hard to accidentally run into Bitcoin. That needs to change. This is not because early adopters are holding coins, they are holding because it is like this. There are limited possibilities of what you can do with coins so most people either hold, buy, sell or actively trade them. Spending them is a small part of the economy.

I'm hopeful that once we have more Bitcoin merchants and (much) more importantly, known merchants adding Bitcoin as a payment option, we will see those Bitcoins move much more actively that are not in circulation at the moment.

And again, technically and economically Bitcoin is quite fine. The model has a fixed money supply which means there will be no inherent inflation involved (eventually) and no deflation either with the exception of lost coins. This allows for a much saner economy which does not artificially pressure people to spend money instead of saving it. Which means that people will be more inclined to buy what they need and save more. That will not only save our planet but it will also help individuals to become more self-sufficient in their personal economies, leading to people thinking less about getting more money to spend (via loans) and thinking more about saving money for future needs.

You can argue that this will lead to a massive decline in investments because it's more attractive to just hold money, but that's actually not the case. Holding is fairly smart if Bitcoin has a massively growing userbase, because the value of Bitcoins will predictably rise significantly. But if you imagine Bitcoin in year 2030 with basically all of the money supply generated and a relatively stable userbase, then the value of one Bitcoin should be very stable. You neither lose nor gain money by holding Bitcoins. I can imagine a lot of investment options that are more lucrative than holding coins at that point. So people would still invest massively. The only difference is that right now you're basically forced to invest unless you want to lose money. With Bitcoin you don't have to invest to avoid losing money, but you will still want to if you want profit.

This is a bit off-topic and I don't even have a clue what kind of "radical changes" Revalin is proposing to Bitcoin, I'm just saying that if it has something to do with the model Bitcoin uses for the money supply, I can say in advance that I don't care of it. But if it's something else I'm interested and would like a link to a more appropriate thread.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 03:25:24 PM

decentralized exchange
more productive userbase
grassroots projects

Why do you think this is necessary for bitcoin success? Why do you think bitcoin's basic purpose - possibility to send wealth around the world instantly - enough? For me (and for many other people) bitcoin has huge value even without things you enumerated above. But - as I already said - bitcoin is not useful anymore even for sending wealth, because thanks to fear and uncertaininty on the market.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 05:10:20 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2011, 05:24:46 PM by ElectricMucus

I only see that necessary for the bull markets success, not bitcoin and I am very confident that bitcoin will be around no matter what the price does.

It will always be worth *something*
martychubbs

Activity: 742
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 15, 2011, 05:25:39 PM

Legally that is.

-Jonathan

i support that.

No its not that, if the fundamentals don't change we are heading for sub-penny prices.
I am not one of these pessimists who think they cannot change and bitcoin is doomed but something must happen along these following lines:

decentralized exchange
more productive userbase
grassroots projects

Do you have any economic models for your list or they just your "feelings"?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████▄▄
       ▄████████████████████▄
     ▄██████████████▀█████████▄
   ▄███████████████   ██████████▄
  ▐█████████████████   ██████████▌
 ▐█████████████████▀    ██████████▌
 ███████████████▀        ██████████
▐████████████▀     ▄███   █████████▌
████████████    ▄████▀██▄███████████
██████████▀██▄████▀    █████████████
█████████   ███▀     ▄██████████████
▐█████████        ▄████████████████▌
 ██████████    ▄███████████████████
 ▐██████████   ███████████████████▌
  ▐██████████   █████████████████▌
   ▀██████████▄█████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████████████▀
       ▀████████████████████▀
          ▀▀████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
    ██
   ████
  ██▌███
 ▐██▌███▌
 ███ ██▀▌
 ▀██ █▄██
 █▄█ ███▀
 ▀██ ██▄█
 █▄█ ███▌
  ██▌███
  ▐█▌██
   ▐█▌
    █
    █
     ▀

░░██████
░░██████
░░██████

░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████
░░░░░░░░░░░██████

██████
██████
██████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▐██▀    ▀██▌
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
       ██        ██
      ██████████████
      █████  ███████     ██ 
  ██  █  ████████  █ ██   
      ███████  █████    ██   
      ██████████████

▄██▄
▀██▀         ▄██▄
             ▀██▀

▄██▄
       ▀██▀

▄██▄
  ▄██▄     ▀██▀
  ▀██▀

▄▄█▄▄   ▄
█▄        ████████▀▄
███      █████████▀
▐███▄    ████████▌
▄▄█████▄▄▄███████▌
  ▀█████████████
  ▄▄██████████▀
    ▄████████▀
▀▀████████▀
    ▀▀▀

▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄
   ▐█▄████████████▄█▌
  ▐██████████████████▌
  █████▀▀▀████▀▀▀█████
 █████     ██     █████
▐██████▄▄▄████▄▄▄██████▌
 ████▄▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄████
  ▀▀████        ████▀▀
      ▀▀        ▀▀

█▀▀▄▄▄█▄
         █    ▀█▀
       ▄▄█▄▄
▄██▄▄████████▄▄██▄
█████▀▀████▀▀█████
 ███▄  ▄██▄  ▄███
  ▀████▀██▀████▀
    ▀███▄▄███▀
       ▀▀▀▀

██ ██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██

██ ██

Homepage

██ ██

██ ██

██ ██ ██

██ ██ ██ ██

White Paper
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2011, 05:33:42 PM

Of course, I have cybernetically mapped the future development of mankind and just posting the results!  Grin

LOL
(actually it's my secret weapon, I've heard its called 'common sense')
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: