Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:22:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Announcing MinerMedic BETA - FREE CryptoMining Monitor / Manager Software  (Read 326 times)
franklinminer (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 12:03:02 AM

Announcing upcoming BETA of MINERMEDIC, an open-source app written for the Phenome.AI platform (also having an upcoming BETA).

MinerMedic will monitor and manage your Miners and hardware infrastructure and will allow you to implement automation and remote sensors based on a variety of completely customizable triggers. It will also help you to automatically manage PROFITABILITY of your miners, shut them off when they are not profitable and turn them on when they are. This is REALLY important if you live in an area with high electricity prices!

This is not a CLOUD app, nor does it require agents on your miners. This is a standalone app that runs somewhere on your LAN and talks directly to the devices. You don't need a lot of firepower - we run it on Raspberry PIs. MinerMedic will be open-source and FREE to use.

Seeking BETA testers (and contributors!) We are hoping that folks will eventually add new support for unsupported Miners and Pools - we only have so many miners (and only so much time!) There is a list on the website. If you are interested in participating in the BETA (or contributing to the APP), please join the mailing list on the bottom of the website page. We will send out emails when the builds are ready and the code has been uploaded to GitHub.

Please visit our website to check out the current features and sign up!
https://phenome.ai/apps/minermedic/

Hope to see you soon!!

The Phenome.AI Team
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2508

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 12:32:53 AM

1st, Kudos for posting in the right area! So rare to see these days...

That said, at first glance looks interesting. Esp the part about linking to power cycling a miner ( I take using a commonly available RasPi add-on) and talking to PDU's that can accept remote power commands.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
franklinminer (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 02:43:08 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2019, 10:25:59 AM by frodocooper

Thank you - lots of places to post, it's hard to find the right one. Happy I got it right!

Yes, it can power cycle based on using remote Miner commands (i.e. API calls or SSH into the box) - or talking to the PDU or SmartPlug. You can associate a SmartPDU or SmartPlug (or sensor objects, fans, chillers, whatever you want, etc) with a Miner or set of Miners, then tell the system to automatically do things based on your needs. The system understands the concept of models, objects, relationships, actions, etc. There is a general state machine that is followed (please see link to image below) - but it can be modified by using JSON configuration or code.

https://phenome.ai/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/MinerMedic_State_Machine_08302019.png

It will be interesting to see what people end up building with this - sky is the limit, really!

Thanks!

The Phenome.AI Team
https://phenome.ai/apps/minermedic/
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2508

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 03:47:09 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2019, 06:39:49 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Hopefully you have looked at the CGminer API (written by Kano when he and -ck were still collaborating) https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/blob/master/API-README  No matter who makes the miner or what it mines, that API is the basis for virtually all miner coms with the outside world.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:02:27 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 02:14:28 AM by frodocooper

I'd like to see something that wasn't an app. Also something that doesn't require you to install anything on the miner.

Something that ran on a machine local to the miners network (either physically or via VPN). A machine I controlled. Web based so it was OS agnostic.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
franklinminer (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:10:46 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 02:15:07 AM by frodocooper

I'd like to see something that wasn't an app. Also something that doesn't require you to install anything on the miner.

Something that ran on a machine local to the miners network (either physically or via VPN). A machine I controlled. Web based so it was OS agnostic.

@Biffa, great! that is exactly what this is! It is separate from the miners and requires no agent to be installed on each miner. We run it on Rasp PIs (but you can run on any machine you like) - locally to our miners and run Hamachi right on the PI that allows us to access the web-based UI or REST-API remotely, as well as the other machines in the Mining Room, if needed.

Hopefully you have looked at the CGminer API (written by Kano when he and -ck were still collaborating) https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer/blob/master/API-README  No matter who makes the miner or what it mines, that API is the basis for virtually all miner coms with the outside world.

@ NotFuzzyWarm - YES, thank you for mentioning that. We are aware of and following CGMINER. We have a modified class called pycgminer.py (originally by Thomas Sileo in 2013) that handles communication to some of the miners. We had to make some small changes to support different versions of Python, different port numbers and commands (for different miners), etc., but all that will be included and referenced in the source distribution.
taserz

Activity: 801
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 11:17:32 AM

This looks very cool! I am going to check this out over the long weekend.

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
franklinminer (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2019, 12:15:35 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2019, 09:05:51 AM by frodocooper

Great! We just released source for the BETA a few days ago (btw Windows is not currently supported).

MinerMedic Page:  https://phenome.ai/apps/minermedic/
MinerMedic Source:  https://github.com/holitics/minermedic

All (constructive) feedback welcome.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: