Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:16:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO and IEO running at same time for same project  (Read 656 times)
forexandcryptoauditor (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 04:51:12 AM

With the introduction of IEO, there is a great reduction in holding ICO  by the projects.
Even though this is the situation, now a days I have observed that some projects are holding ICO as well as IEO same time. They also don't share the exact amount of funds raised
Isn't it confusing for investors? What are your thoughts? Why projects are using both methods?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:02:15 AM

What I observed is that they stop the ICO then switch to IEO. Care to name which project does both ICO and IEO at the same time? With regards to the not disclosing the total funds raised, almost every project is doing that. It must be because of legal issues.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 06:27:08 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2019, 07:05:22 AM by TheUltraElite
Merited by Herbert2020 (2)

With the introduction of IEO, there is a great reduction in holding ICO  by the projects.
Yeah just like scammers need new rebranded names to fool users. People got to know that majority of ICOs have failed after 2017 bear market and so they were reluctant to join any new one. So the scammers decided to launch a new named system namely IEO in order to do that same thing over and over again. Funny thing is "investors" did not seem to learn from their mistake. That is if they had experienced ICOs already.

Even though this is the situation, now a days I have observed that some projects are holding ICO as well as IEO same time. They also don't share the exact amount of funds raised
Its obvious they wont share the amount. If I want to sell you a project, would I show you if its overbought? Defenitely not. So use your logic and boycott all such Initial scam offerings.

Isn't it confusing for investors? What are your thoughts? Why projects are using both methods?
Simple: To increase their scam coverage. Tongue

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:33:56 AM

Raising
onry through ICOs is an almost impossible fit to achieve. Investors lost fate in ICOs the reason for introducing IEOs. Projects holding ICO and IEO at the go won't raise the same thing IEOs always raise more if its done in a good exchange like Binance or Kucoin.
DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:39:09 AM

With the introduction of IEO, there is a great reduction in holding ICO  by the projects.
There is nothing wrong with projects using multiple fundraising ways to achieve their goals,either its ICO or IEO its still all about fund raising,projects can switch from ICO to IEO if they feel its right for their project and we all know that IEO is more successful than ICO so its really not a bad idea
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:43:58 AM

Raising
onry through ICOs is an almost impossible fit to achieve. Investors lost fate in ICOs the reason for introducing IEOs. Projects holding ICO and IEO at the go won't raise the same thing IEOs always raise more if its done in a good exchange like Binance or Kucoin.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:45:27 AM

Care to share which projects are running both IEO and ICO? So that we can see what's going on?

If I'm an investors of course it's going to be confusing, you should only need to choose either one of the two here. The only logical reason why projects are going to run in this model because they wanted to get the benefits of the two. But it doesn't make sense though, they should just stick to one model and see how successful they are. They are just going to confuse their investors here and definitely could backfire on them.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:58:10 AM

What I observed is that they stop the ICO then switch to IEO. Care to name which project does both ICO and IEO at the same time? With regards to the not disclosing the total funds raised, almost every project is doing that. It must be because of legal issues.
"legal Issues" is the crypto currency regulated? Because i think people can raise money for their projects through any means they desired to do. Either through ico or ieo and they can be used both in other to raise money. I have not come across any projects using both to raise funds for their projects but I did not see them breaking any laws by doing that. However, you should just be careful in investing in that type of projects as many investors have lost money through that.
erep

Activity: 2268
Merit: 589

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:58:32 AM

Projects that run ICO and IEO together can be found in projects that have bounties, it is illogical why they run them together but on average the IEO takes place on a small exchange.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 07:16:02 AM

Projects that run ICO and IEO together can be found in projects that have bounties, it is illogical why they run them together but on average the IEO takes place on a small exchange.
Crypto projects fundraising has no regulation yet so i won't consider this as any form of illegal activity,projects developers have every rights to raise funds anyway they want,raising funds for project is seeking success for the project,without enough fund there won't  be better ongoing production for the project
cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 07:49:03 AM

It is definitely a good option.
because after IEO, they will be listed officially on the exchange that has supported them calling for capital, they do not need to spend extra cost to list exchange.
Besides, raising capital with ICOs will help them have one more capital source to grow their businesses.
This is really a perfect match and very beneficial for start ups.

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 08:54:51 AM

I think it was a scam project, if the project really wanted to raise funds he would choose one method instead of doing both simultaneously

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 08:57:08 AM

I think they just want money. And if the project does not report collection figures, 90% are scammers. Because they do not show real numbers. This is very bad. I try to stay away from such projects further.

nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 09:03:19 AM

There are several dimensions of token sale we have in the cryptocurrency space. I personally haven't seen a project running ICO and IEO simultaneously, but I know its possible and the major reason could be to give the investors several opportunities and make the ICO more attractive by increasing the discounts on purchasing via the ICO. I've ones heard that payment to the exchange used in conducting the IEO could be based on the number of tokens sold.
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 09:05:12 AM

Projects that use the ICO and IEO methods together are to maximize project sales, so the team uses both methods, so that fundraising for the project can run faster and more, because all project teams have their own strategies and ways of running the project.
Departure

Activity: 1204
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 10:11:14 AM

I would not participate in projects that conduct two types of fundraising at the same time it is impossible to control the stages of fundraising and get some kind of indicators of the real interests of people;

if this is somehow possible in the open blockchain (ICO), then during the fundraising on the exchange it is an almost impossible task (IEO)
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 646

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 10:16:10 AM

Normally the first stage is ICO, when they raise enough funds in ICO, they will go for the IEO, I think as an investor to be safe, invest on them when they already have an IEO. Though they offer good rates during ICO but the risk is relatively high, so it's not good to take such risk.

It's good if the project are transparent with the amount they raise, but those projects who does not raise much might hide the real amount raise since that is not attractive to investors, what I notice with the competition now, investors are more eager to invest when the project already raise a decent amount, they do that because the project is already guaranteed to be successful.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Questat

Activity: 2814
Merit: 604

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 10:24:20 AM

With the introduction of IEO, there is a great reduction in holding ICO  by the projects.
They just trying to divert the mind of the investors and think that they could generate more money for this foolish action. It is that to be that investors should spend more time in knowing the capability of a certain project. They'll be happy to see people being tricked and rejoice they're victorious.

This is important to see the transparency of the project and people would leave no doubts and the fear of losing in the future. This would be the mindset of the developers who run a project and not just for the sake to earn money without something to give in return to the investors.

Alisha FR

Activity: 868
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 01:40:15 PM

I think the use of two token recognition methods does not matter because the purpose of IEO and ICO is to collect funds and introduce tokens, the reason for using ICO and IEO together I think will strongly support the acceleration of the process of getting funding in developing projects. but in my opinion, the crypto project that wants to use IEO and ICO, it's better not together, first do ICO then continue on IEO then it will be better.

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 01:52:32 PM

Why would a legit project ever use an ICO and IEO simultaneously? This is a big red flag for a scam IMHO.

However, ICO will be less and less used as IEO came with much more advantages for both project owners and investors. So, opting for an IEO would definitely not let you the option to choose an ICO, too.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: