Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:49:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting small loan  (Read 228 times)
1oobtc (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 11:36:14 PM

Hello Bitcointalk!

I was hoping to request a small loan. Looking to pay it back in full on 9/1/19.

Principal requested: 0.0040BTC
Interest: .0008BTC

I understand this is my first post. Which some may label me as high risk or potential scammer. Definitely not. I live in California. Willing to exchange contact info via DM.

Best,
1oobtc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 11:39:06 PM

Ask a friend or family member who can actually do something with your identity if you default. None of us can verify if your info is real nor do we care as no one is going to pursue legal action over $40.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
1oobtc (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 11:44:09 PM

Hi Darkstar_,

I understand, I am able todo a FaceTime verification? If anybody can help me out would appreciate it. Thank you for the consideration.

Best,
1oobtc
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 08:40:48 AM

I understand, I am able todo a FaceTime verification? If anybody can help me out would appreciate it. Thank you for the consideration.
Sorry for intervening, I know the question is directed to DS, but I am sure they would agree to my comment as well.

Revealing your face is not equivalent in any sense to a valid collateral. No type of law enforcement in this world would accept that in case you run away with the money and the lender only has that video call to trace you. Moreover what is the proof that the person who will be showing their face is going to be the person being sent the money?

You may wish to pull this argument even more, but the short answer here is that you wont get a loan with a valid collateral here. If you are in dire need of money, pawn some valuable at a bank.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jbdee

Activity: 211
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 10:40:47 AM

Hello Bitcointalk!

I was hoping to request a small loan. Looking to pay it back in full on 9/1/19.

Principal requested: 0.0040BTC
Interest: .0008BTC

I understand this is my first post. Which some may label me as high risk or potential scammer. Definitely not. I live in California. Willing to exchange contact info via DM.

Best,
1oobtc

What is your collateral?

1oobtc (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 06:00:02 PM

Sorry for intervening, I know the question is directed to DS, but I am sure they would agree to my comment as well.

Revealing your face is not equivalent in any sense to a valid collateral. No type of law enforcement in this world would accept that in case you run away with the money and the lender only has that video call to trace you. Moreover what is the proof that the person who will be showing their face is going to be the person being sent the money?

You may wish to pull this argument even more, but the short answer here is that you wont get a loan with a valid collateral here. If you are in dire need of money, pawn some valuable at a bank.
Alright, I understand your points and respect your opinions. I am not in dire need just wanted to build up my trust as my coinbase account limit climbs back up for debit card.  Left my ledger at home while I am on a little stay-cation just wanted a little coin to enjoy some block chains games. Not sure what I could put up for collateral pretty limited. I understand lenders don't like blind risk especially with any types of coin. I will take this as a common sense borrowing lesson and build my up trust within the community.

Sorry for the confusion and appreciate your opinions and consideration once again.

-1oobtc
jbdee

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 06:48:08 PM

If you have a coinbase account and are familiar with blockchain games, you should have some crypto that you can put as collateral, else, you're (more than probably) just a scammer.

1oobtc (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 07:35:30 PM

If you have a coinbase account and are familiar with blockchain games, you should have some crypto that you can put as collateral, else, you're (more than probably) just a scammer.

I am actually not and I don't understand the accusations honestly. I am a pretty civil, logical, understanding and honest person. But you don't know that and your insinuation is probably based on bad experience and what is normalized on the forum. Additionally, before you go off on attacking someone based on your theory of A-B-C. A little respect and common decency would go along way. Sure I can admit I did not properly communicate my needs and I probably should have a did a little more research on the rules and terms. I can admit that, but I won't allow you to just point fingers and just merely assume I am here for malicious purposes. Any who, I appreciate the two respectful opinions and Mod can go ahead and lock this up. I won't be needing a little loan now due to 24 hours finally elapsed and I have just purchase from my debit card on coinbase. Also, in reference to your comment "I should have collateral" did you not read my comment that I did not bring my ledger with me and my coinbase limit was low? Anyway don't respond back because I wont read it but I hope this can give you a little lesson on just being a good human and let go of your preconceived notions of "more than probably" in the wind. I forgive you though you more than probably don't know any better. I hope you get better. Take care.

-1oobtc
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 08:15:34 PM

I am actually not and I don't understand the accusations honestly. I am a pretty civil, logical, understanding and honest person. But you don't know that and your insinuation is probably based on bad experience and what is normalized on the forum. Additionally, before you go off on attacking someone based on your theory of A-B-C. A little respect and common decency would go along way. Sure I can admit I did not properly communicate my needs and I probably should have a did a little more research on the rules and terms. I can admit that, but I won't allow you to just point fingers and just merely assume I am here for malicious purposes. Any who, I appreciate the two respectful opinions and Mod can go ahead and lock this up. I won't be needing a little loan now due to 24 hours finally elapsed and I have just purchase from my debit card on coinbase. Also, in reference to your comment "I should have collateral" did you not read my comment that I did not bring my ledger with me and my coinbase limit was low? Anyway don't respond back because I wont read it but I hope this can give you a little lesson on just being a good human and let go of your preconceived notions of "more than probably" in the wind. I forgive you though you more than probably don't know any better. I hope you get better. Take care.

-1oobtc

Once you're back from your trip, come to the Lending section and start lending to any brand new account asking for a loan in their first few posts. If you believe that new accounts asking for money aren't here maliciously, great! Put your money where your mouth is, lend them some BTC and show everyone the amazing return on investment you can get by lending to brand new accounts.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
jbdee

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 08:29:49 PM

He won't come back from his imaginary trip:
Anyway don't respond back because I wont read it
He understood his scam failed so he won't come back with this account.  Grin

1oobtc (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 10:53:02 PM

-1oobtc

Once you're back from your trip, come to the Lending section and start lending to any brand new account asking for a loan in their first few posts. If you believe that new accounts asking for money aren't here maliciously, great! Put your money where your mouth is, lend them some BTC and show everyone the amazing return on investment you can get by lending to brand new accounts.

So there is a huge gap in communication here. I am not knocking your business. I am sure you deal with malicious people everyday. At the same time there are good people as well. The only point I tried to convey is it is not cool to instantly label someone a scammer based on the metric I did not have collateral? I am not one of these paxful type of Nigerians who pitched a tent ready to camp out. I never attacked your business all I requested was give people the benefit of the doubt until the behavior proves otherwise. A little common decency goes a long way. The opportunity and the lesson take your initial perspective and extract the minor bias which your exhibiting towards me. Which I admitted I should have done more research in asking for a little loan. I admitted it.  Now your telling me to set up shop as a lender to put my self in your shoes. That alone holds no merit in your positions because I am simply a customer. Lending btc isn’t not my cup of tea. I’m sure it is a good business I just don’t have the time to keep up with it. The only thing I tried to make the first individual realize is don’t need to throw scammer labels on people loosely. Every one of you has your lending requirement? Yes? Then simply agree or decline. Treat people good especially when they did not do anything to you directly.

Now response to kid who dropped the post after you. It is a real shame how you continue to now loosely haze me because I questioned your business acumen. Since you paid your mind with ur assumptions I simply just returned your change with a little out of the box perspective. I went back on my word of I won’t respond to you because it is clear you have a disconnect from reality behind the comfort of the internet. The computer screen seems to give you the validation to treat people however you wish with no facts, proof. Open your mind free your spirit my dude. All I asked was a $40 dollar loan because I don’t carry my ledger I was bored waiting for my wife to get her nails done. So I wanted to play some poker. That’s it. But all sudden “most probably a scammer”.

I provided you with a lengthy piece of my perspective. Any logical, mind who understands their own personal bias thoughts can clearly separate their emotions for a moment and validate who’s argument is closer to the truth.

Simple lesson. Treat people with respect. If they don’t know something educate them because in reality whether or not you believe you are a honest or humble person if you just freely assume someone is a scammer that makes you no matter than a actual scammer. How? All sudden your using your status to scam a new user of their fair shot of building their own identity. Yeah maybe I went s little overboard with this post but I am real and unapologetic for anything I do because I do everything with a good faith intention but you would not be able to discover this because you assume and don’t ask enough fact finding questions. Take care gents. No new accounts no need. Now I will continue to enjoy my little stay-cation. I hope you enjoy your day too.

-1oobtc
TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 11:02:22 PM

Since you are still quite young here, you may find it difficult to get someone who will loan out to you, as ability to trust you may be an issue as you have stated. But I would suggest you check out for some who can gaurantee you or at least know you well enough to help out.everyone here is very careful about scams.but I hope you get a rescue soon. Sorry about that.
1oobtc (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2019, 11:15:38 PM

Since you are still quite young here, you may find it difficult to get someone who will loan out to you, as ability to trust you may be an issue as you have stated. But I would suggest you check out for some who can gaurantee you or at least know you well enough to help out.everyone here is very careful about scams.but I hope you get a rescue soon. Sorry about that.

Totally understand 100%. Not trying to start a issue. All I was trying to convey being respectful and cool is the way to go. Anyway. Appreciate the advice!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2019, 11:28:33 PM

it is not cool to instantly label someone a scammer based on the metric I did not have collateral?

Actually it's perfectly cool and even advisable to do so lest some sweet-talking scammer fools someone with this facetime bullshit.

I don't for a second believe this smart-enough-to-find-a-lending-board-but-dumb-enough-to-not-know-about-collateral act. Not from you, not from hundreds of other newbies attempting this racket.

Totally understand 100%. Not trying to start a issue. All I was trying to convey being respectful and cool is the way to go. Anyway. Appreciate the advice!

There's a sticky at the top of the board for a reason. You waltz in here ignoring all that and start lecturing everyone - you get the appropriate amount of respect, i.e. 0. Get lost.
jbdee

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2019, 06:12:40 AM

The more I read your messages, the more I think you're a scammer.
All your story doesn't make sense, please cut your bullshits, go ask your imaginary wife to lend you 40$.
Also, no need to put your nickname below your message, there is your nickname written on the left already, this reminds me some scammer.
Anyway, as people said or meant above, get lost.

PS: I won't reply anymore, it's a waste of time, you'd better lock your thread if you don't want to hear the truth about you from other members.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: