Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:59:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium backup verification not working  (Read 173 times)
jaybee888 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 9

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 10:04:03 AM

Hello, anyone else with this problem?
I create backup of my private key, write down the password. Then I go to VERIFY, scan the encrypted private key from PDF document, enter the same password and I get message "The key does not correspond to any bitcoin address".

Tried several times with newly generated backup. What can I do? Thanks, Jan
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2019, 09:58:19 AM

I just tested it using a freshly created "SA"-account (Single Address).
Didn't have any issues. Worked without problems.

Created new SA-account -> created backup PDF -> verify-option -> scanned the encrypted private key -> entered the given password -> successfully verified.

Are you sure you have written down the password correctly ?
Can you try the same procedure again with a fresh SA-account, paying attention to the password and double- or triple checking it ?

jaybee888 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 10:10:42 AM

May it be that verification compares only against addresses created by Mycelium? Because the address I am trying to verify is imported external address.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2019, 10:54:29 AM

May it be that verification compares only against addresses created by Mycelium? Because the address I am trying to verify is imported external address.

Yes, i can confirm that.

Just imported a random private key into mycelium and made a backup.
Upon trying to verify it, i received the same error message ("The key does not correspond to any bitcoin address").

Seems like it is a bug.

The best in your situation would be to backup the private key itself, or encrypt it yourself (using BIP38).

jaybee888 (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 12:47:33 PM

Thanks for confirmation. The backup is not a problem - since it is external address, it is already backed up elsewhere. The problem is the annoying HUGE red warning covering screen that the backup has not been verified.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 02:25:16 PM

The problem is the annoying HUGE red warning covering screen that the backup has not been verified.
Feel you, all I need is just to ignore it as well, since I get same error as you, just keep your backup safe, and ignore that warning phrase from mycelium.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: