Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:05:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: antminer s5  (Read 1093 times)
Kaster34 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:25:47 PM

I'm thinking about purchasing an antminer s5 does anyone know how good they are.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:30:55 PM

They are very good. However how good they are for you depends on your Mining objectives and your Electricity price / KWh?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:54:56 PM

They are very good. However how good they are for you depends on your Mining objectives and your Electricity price / KWh?

Rich

Considering he just created another thread about this;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1415897.msg14346129;topicseen#msg14346129

The answer is the same. The more S5 hashrate he gets, the more money he would lose. Considering i already said even a S7 would be bad, i thought it would of been obvious that anything lesser would be worse.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RichBC

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:03:59 PM

Rich

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1415897.msg14346129;topicseen#msg14346129

The answer is the same. The more S5 hashrate he gets, the more money he would lose. Considering i already said even a S7 would be bad, i thought it would of been obvious that anything lesser would be worse.

Hmm missed that it was the same person as the S3 Question.... Why do people start these multiple threads?

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 12:16:32 AM

Rich

Hmm missed that it was the same person as the S3 Question.... Why do people start these multiple threads?

Rich

I guess he thought it would be different for a S5.
@OP, unless you get free electricity, you will make close to no money or even lose some depending on your electricity rate.
Keep in mind  you also have to buy a power supply.
You definitely cannot reach ROI before the halving and those miners are quickly becoming obsolete because of the shipping price.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:19:12 AM

Let's not encourage the noobs and the ignorants, greed is making these people not too careful or reasonable when it comes to mining. They all think the miners are money printers, they have no concept of electricity rate, diff jumping up, or the halving in July, and other important factors related to mining. It's a wonder so many have not killed themselves or burnt their houses down.

vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:12:04 PM

I'm thinking about purchasing an antminer s5 does anyone know how good they are.

I suggest you to wait until July or halving come to see how the price of bitcoin then of course after deducting the cost of electricity.

Herv12

Activity: 226
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 07:56:02 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2016, 08:10:44 PM by Herv12

Personally, this is the worst miner that I ever had. I am constantly bugged with. Whenever I have an internet problem or that the pool has a cut, I do not know if they will restart themself. Sometimes you have to cut and then restore power to that they restart. And sometimes you loose an hashboard...

Those selling them want too much money. And be careful that they are stable.

Remember that 1S7 = 4x S5. If you are offered the S5 @ $ 150, it is equivalent to the price of a new S7 which consume half of electricity. The choice is quickly made in this case...

Edit:
Read carefully talks_cheep and vero, they are right.
And in addition be very careful when buying a miner. there are a lot of scammers trying to sold outdated equipment at a high price.
Mining activity is valid only if you have the very cheap electricity (all the time).

CAMOPEJB

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 08:10:36 PM

looks amazing honestly I want to buy one asap but I cant afford mining stuff LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: