Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:11:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brexit will it or will it not happen, anything is possible now.  (Read 192 times)
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 07:36:30 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

A while ago if someone asked me if Brexit was taking place my answer was yes it is, and with Boris at the helm even a no deal Brexit seemed like a possibility but suddenly things have changed. Boris lost his first common vote and is now planning to call for snap elections, but what happens if he fails in those elections. I know it’s a rare chance of him failing, but let’s not forget how over confident May was before calling for Brexit vote she believed the idea would be rejected, but she was stunned when it was approved. So now we have the following scenarios:

1) Boris wins snap elections he proceeds with or without a deal Brexit.

2) Boris looses snap elections the winning party delays Brexit and this saga goes on.

Which scenario do you feel will happen, will we finally see a Brexit or we won’t?.

Sources:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/03/commons-showdown-looms-in-battle-over-no-deal-brexit-live

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49573555

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 09:16:55 AM

Of course Brexit will happen. The EU has no future, so we will come out when it disintegrates. Italy, Germany and France are far more of a problem for the EU than Britain. Of course the projected extra 120 Billion pounds that they will extract from Britain to keep the sinking EU ship afloat will create another political crisis if we don't get out.

The real question is whether we can get rid of the ruling Eton/Oxford elite after we leave. We may be able to lose the treasonous MPs, but it will be far harder to get rid of the Civil Servants and Judges who really rule the country, and implement the will of the Banking elite.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 02:20:30 PM

Boris said he'd rather be "dead in a ditch" than delay, which most likely means there will be a delay Smiley

Everything that could have gone wrong with Brexit has gone wrong so far, and if the trend continues I'm guessing that after a few more years of delays and elections the UK will eventually crash out without a deal. Maybe they can at least make the Great Wall of Ireland into a tourist attraction or something.
Juggy777 (OP)

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 05:42:52 PM

Boris said he'd rather be "dead in a ditch" than delay, which most likely means there will be a delay Smiley

Everything that could have gone wrong with Brexit has gone wrong so far, and if the trend continues I'm guessing that after a few more years of delays and elections the UK will eventually crash out without a deal. Maybe they can at least make the Great Wall of Ireland into a tourist attraction or something.

@suchmoon Boris reputation has taken a serious hit, and the only way he can now save face is by calling for snap elections. It seems this saga will continue for some more time now, but a no deal Brexit can’t be ruled out just yet. What do you think will happen to UK’s economy won’t it further suffer due to this uncertainty?.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49612757
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 06:26:20 PM

What do you think will happen to UK’s economy won’t it further suffer due to this uncertainty?

Being far removed from it I can't really bring myself to be concerned about suffering, particularly since it's entirely self-inflicted. I can only hope that the pound crashes to about 75 cents so that I can come visit the UK on the cheap, like Canada.

Seriously though, I find it amazing that three years after the referendum and 6 (?) months after the original deadline the debate is still raging about procedural maneuvers and not about actual deals and negotiations and economic impacts - you know, stuff that matters. And now another snap election, which will probably solve nothing.

Can't you just dig up some old law from 1600s that would create some loophole to allow the Queen or the Supreme Court to make the decision on Brexit... this democracy nonsense is clearly not working out.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 03:46:33 PM

The situation in Britain has been very strange lately and even a bit ridiculous Smiley
The proposal for a Brexit agreement with the EU has not been passed 3 times in the parliament and also no proposals to leave without agreement have been passed or requests for a new referendum or new elections.
It seems they can't agree on what they want or what they won't  Cheesy Cheesy
It is unfortunate to watch the collapse of a respectable and old democracy.
I don't think anyone knows what is going to happen right now but there is a possibility that Brexit without a deal can simply happen, in spite of everything.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 02:47:14 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2019, 03:08:10 PM by styca
Merited by suchmoon (4)

Boris's whole strategy was to force an early election, so he could campaign on a 'people vs parliament' platform, pitting himself, the valiant underdog representing the will of the people, against the corrupt old establisment who were trying to rush through a bill to prevent Brexit happening at all.

The problem with Boris (well, one of the problems), is that he's not the sort of person to have a plan B.

So now plan A has backfired dramatically because:
  • Labour and other opposition parties were understandably unwilling to back an early election until the bill had gone through and the request for an extension approved, and the cliff-edge of 31 Oct removed. Particularly when everyone could see what Boris was trying to do, and his strategy was so transparently obvious
  • Parliament were able to force the bill through against Boris' will. Helped in part I'm sure by the arrogance of Boris and Rees-Mogg alienating any Tories who might have stayed with them.

So this situation means that Boris has three new options:
  • He can comply with the law and request an extension of the deadline. However his entire position has been that he will not do that under any circumstances, e.g. "I'd rather be dead in a ditch than delay Brexit".
  • He can refuse to comply. Uncertain what the outcome would be, but likely prosecution as he'd be in contempt.
  • He can sidestep the issue by resigning.

No idea which way he'll go. Resigning (or attempting a vote of no confidence in his own administration) is perhaps more likely than the other options. I can imagine him telling the nation that he'd tried to give them what they want, but evil parliament had forced him out and threatened to throw him in prison.

If he does resign, the most likely outcome then is I think that opposition parties plus Tory remainers and the 21 new ex-Tories form a short-term new government to remove the cliff-edge and then call an election.

So as far as I can see, the most likely outcome is that Brexit is delayed, again.
As to how an election would pan out, it's anyone's guess. Brexit has destroyed traditional party lines.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 08:28:40 PM

this democracy nonsense is clearly not working out.

Democracy is great except when it isn't. The main problem is that people are f***ing stupid. In theory it is one person one vote. In practice, if you own a tabloid newspaper or TV channel that can spit out any lying crap, you have a few million votes.

A problem with the way democracy is implemented in the UK (and worse I suppose in the US) is the first-past-the-post, winner-takes-all system. It breeds tribalism and creates an oppositional political climate, rather than consensual. We'd be better off I think if we got rid of political parties altogether and everyone just stood as an independent, beholden to no-one but the electorate.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: