Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:48:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gov Most Certainly Seized Gox’s Coins  (Read 6599 times)
Aquent (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 02:00:16 PM

http://pastebin.com/JaXBjSg9

Oh, and, today, about an hour ago: "<MagicalTux> we are working on resuming service, can't say how soon it'll be"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:25:51 PM

This makes the most sense to me. The stories we've been told simply don't add up. However, this fits perfectly with the MO of the banksters that run our prison planet - Problem, reaction, solution.

Let's face it - who's a better at stealing than the US government and masonic hierarchy that its composed of?

I'm grumpy!!
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 03:46:20 PM

Oh, and, today, about an hour ago: "<MagicalTux> we are working on resuming service, can't say how soon it'll be"

context, date, time, complete log please.

Aquent (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 03:52:51 PM

https://i.imgur.com/rTD2hMg.jpg

andy10000

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:10:39 PM

Be good to know more about this comment. I've seen the post on Reddit, but any other light you can shed on this?

Thanks
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:23:21 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2014, 04:38:41 PM by franky1

These are the facts. Not speculation. The FBI together with the IRS Criminal Investigation Division, ICE Homeland Security Investigations and the Drug Enforcement Administration seized the cold wallets in or around May 2013. All who have lost coins must wait, until at least the 1st of April, the latest being the 16th of May, before considering any drastic action. After that, if the facts do not change, there is sufficient evidence to apply for an injunction ordering the US Government to release the seized property.

there is the failing.
the pastebin creator is obviously american and does not understand that karpeles is in japan.. where american authorities cannot seize peoples computer data!

please keep in mind gox is not in the same ball park as the bitinstant ceo who got arrested for having done a personal transaction with an 'alleged' drug dealer.
and as such:
having a trading platform in japan is not where drugs are sold. and trades are done person to person. trading platforms do not have knowledge of peoples purchasing habits(so no DEA involvement)
having a trading platform in japan is not taxable in the united states (so no IRS involvement)
having a trading platform in japan is not a USA national security concern (so no homeland security involvement)

secondly for an authority to seize data they must get the private keys from the offline source. so why would karpeles say it was hacked (a lie anyways) or lost to malleability (another lie) if authorities entered his premises to seize his computer data.

the real truth is karpeles has the coins and is pretending other people have them. he now intends to move ownership of mtgox.com to someone at a hefty price of 740,000+ coin at $650 each (over $480,000,000.)
no sane investor would pay half a billion for a domain name a couple servers and code that is slow. especially wrote in PHP.

but if someone does. then karpeles can take the 740k coins he is hiding, and the commission of selling his domain. and run off to where ever he likes.
just like he done in france a few years back.(the running off after a fraud allegation part i mean)

and if you did not know already, karpeles has a history of fraud, atleast 2 cases have been documented, which prominent people in the foundation know about.

so take your tin foil hats off, trying to blame governments or hackers. karpeles has the funds.

oh and lastly, that database leak. was karpeles again, dumping data and pretending to be a hacker. that way later in court he can blame hackers for the theft and use the leak as evidence that a hack happened.

its the same story as a cop, planting a gun on an unarmed man to shift the blame off himself.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
andy10000

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:48:44 PM

The problem biggest problem I have with the theory that the US governement took the coins is motive. There are numerous other issues with this theory, but motive is the one that sticks in the throat most.

Why would they do that? If they allowed the exchange to carry on as a fractional reserve they've achieved nothing. So why do it. Makes no sense to me. But I'm open to explanations.
amspir

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 04:58:46 PM

there is the failing.
the pastebin creator is obviously american and does not understand that karpeles is in japan.. where american authorities cannot seize peoples computer data!

From what I understand, the Silk Road server, even though operating in a foreign jurisdiction, was infiltrated then seized by US Federal law enforcement.

The operator of Megaupload might also beg to differ with you.

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 05:17:37 PM

I still believe the bungling dishonest management explanation.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:51:56 PM

where did he say this?
Loozik

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:32:26 PM

the real truth is karpeles has the coins and is pretending other people have them.

You are probably correct, given the way Karpeles has been communicating with his customers.

he now intends to move ownership of mtgox.com to someone at a hefty price of 740,000+ coin at $650 each (over $480,000,000.)
no sane investor would pay half a billion for a domain name a couple servers and code that is slow. especially wrote in PHP.

No sane investor would purchase Gox in its current state! It needs to be cleared of debt first.

It might be the case though that MtGox's conditional purchase agreement was already signed (or will soon be signed) and one of the conditions is that Karpeles, before the transfer of shares to the new owner, is obliged to run Gox through civil rehabilitation and get all creditors haircut. If this condition (successful getting rid of debts through civil rehabilitation) is met then the new owner will assume control over drained and ''legally cured'' (protected from your future claims) Gox. We were led to believe Gox has only BTC 2,000 left (recovery plan) in its vaults and we'll get a 99% haircut. We are very sad.

It might be the case that MtGox's conditional purchase agreement provides for the buyer to capitalize Gox with some money, i.e. BTC 50,000 or BTC 100,000 so that we get ''only'' 95% or 80% haircut. We will happilly cheer the new investor / white knight / our saviour / whatnot. We will be very happy.

If this is the case Karpeles will avoid the hook. For all conspiracy fruitcakes: I do not claim that Gox will be purchased and later capitalized with your ''stolen'' / ''disappeared'' / ''unaccounted for'' coins.
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:02:33 PM

So I can just walk 2 miles to the American embassy in my country with a billboard that says "Uncle sam stole my bitcoins" instead of going to France or Japan?
btc237ftw

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:11:22 PM

Be good to know more about this comment. I've seen the post on Reddit, but any other light you can shed on this?
can you link to the reddit please?
Aquent (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:56:21 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/20jtzm/magicaltux_we_are_working_on_resuming_service/
Aido

Activity: 248

1. Collect underpants 2. ? 3. Profit

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:00:19 PM

I call BS on this!

Interesting Bash command line, try it Wink:
bitcoin-cli sendtoaddress 1Aidan4r4rqoCBprfp2dVZeYosZ5ryVqH6 `bitcoin-cli getbalance`
btc237ftw

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:05:33 PM

Thanks,

Looks legit to me...
IMO, blockchain will buy Gox
itsunderstood

Activity: 364

American1973

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:21:16 PM

[...]

The simplest explanation is usually the right one.

[...]

Many people misapply Occam's Razor in those terms, sadly.  Because, if you think the simplest answers are always the true ones, you are a simpleton.  But I know you are smart, don't get me wrong, you just don't understand.  Occam said "WHEN ALL OTHER THINGS ARE EQUAL then the simplest answer is true"

So, all other things are not equal, so you can't apply his logic tool to this OR AT ALL ANY SITUATIONS IN MODERN LIFE, because rarely are things equal.  Also, Holmes' detective skills are mostly bullshit authoring tricks of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, another propagator of false logic memes.

In this case, if the two sides are "MK stole them himself" versus "MK surrended to the FBI/IRS" then they are obviously NOT equal, since the capture of SR wallets is a huge factor on the one side of the equasion.

So, not all factors are equal, and Occam isn't present at this greedorgy, and the simplest answers remain the bane of the world, because life is not simple.

Check out my prescient ATS thread from 2008: "Windows XP: End the Cyberwar, Open the Code Now!" http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread411978/pg1
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:24:58 PM

Which one of you newbee's is the FED spreading FUD??
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:28:45 PM

- Does Karpeles want to make us believe to this feds involvement version?
- Sure. As well as Montroll with weexchange scam.
- Have the feds the reasons to hide seizure?
- No.
- Conclusion?
- Obvious.
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:32:56 PM

why blockchain?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print