Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2019-09-03] Burger King Starts Accepting Bitcoin for Online Orders in Germany  (Read 310 times)
Denton (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 02:48:33 PM

The German arm of global fast-food chain Burger King now accepts Bitcoin (BTC) payments on its delivery website and mobile application.

Despite BTC's sudden apperarance on its official website, it is unclear whether Bitcoin is also accepted in the 600 physical Burger King restaurants across Germany.

BK embraces crypto again
In summer 2017, Burger King Russia announced it will start accepting Bitcoin payments, and then introduced their own virtual currency called Whoppercoin. Also in 2017, BTC started to be accepted by a restaurant in Arnhem, a city in the Netherlands.

According to Crunchbase, Burger King launched in 1954 and is headquarted in Florida. The company now boasts 13,000 locations and serves 11 million customers a day in 98 countries worldwide. The chain has estimated annual revenues of $1.7 billion.

Original: https://cointelegraph.com/news/burger-king-lets-you-pay-your-way-in-germany-with-bitcoin

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 08:26:10 PM

very interesting , introducing bitcoin as a payment method in  big transnational companies does lots for adoption
surprisingly enough their German site does feature bitcoin as one of the payment methods , could find anything similar on their UK or other county's sites , including Russia:

p.s. according to the comments ,  this particular delivery german app that has been accepting bitcoin for two years now

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 08:41:53 PM
Merited by hatshepsut93 (1), lolxxxx (1)

Just another poor quality article from cointelegraph. I suppose that's one way to do your journalism - post any old nonsense and wait for people to correct you with the actual facts. Roll Eyes Cunningham's Law in action.

Burger King are not accepting bitcoin.

Takeaway.com is a fast food delivery company, similar to Uber Eats. They accept bitcoin via Bitpay, and have done for years. They also happen to do home deliveries for Burger King in Germany. Therefore, if you order Burger King for home delivery online in Germany, you can pay with bitcoin via takeaway.com via Bitpay. Bitcoin won't be accepted in Burger King restaurants because obviously you do not place orders in physical restaurants via takeaway.com
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 08:51:17 PM

Just another poor quality article from cointelegraph. I suppose that's one way to do your journalism - post any old nonsense and wait for people to correct you with the actual facts. Roll Eyes Cunningham's Law in action.

Takeaway.com is a fast food delivery company, similar to Uber Eats. They accept bitcoin via Bitpay, and have done for years. They also happen to do home deliveries for Burger King in Germany. Therefore, if you order Burger King for home delivery online in Germany, you can pay with bitcoin via takeaway.com via Bitpay. Bitcoin won't be accepted in Burger King restaurants because obviously you do not place orders in physical restaurants via takeaway.com

Maybe cointelegraph is not paying much to their writers.

So, We have some third-party app that takes the order and takes money in bitcoins and then processes the order just like foodpanda does?

I have not tried out takeaway.com
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 09:16:20 PM

They accept bitcoin via Bitpay

no chance, more like Takeway-your-privacy.com

Bitcointalk users are getting paid zero, yet somehow they're able to give people accurate information?

Vires in numeris
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 09:29:02 PM

So, We have some third-party app that takes the order and takes money in bitcoins and then processes the order just like foodpanda does?

Yes, it's middlemen on top of middlemen, lol. Burger King in this cases pays a fee to Takeaway for the exposure/listing of your restaurant, and then pays ShitPay a 1% fee.

Important to point out is that Takeaway has been accepting Bitcoin in several countries (Belgium, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, etc) they are operational, and that for years now.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 01:48:56 AM

ROFL... CoinTelegraph have been churning out shit like this for the past several years. If you check their older articles, you can find a lot of clickbait articles. For a while, I thought that they have stopped publishing fake news, but looks like I was wrong. If you want to read some serious news, then go for CoinDesk. On the other hand, if you want some satire or comedy, then go for Cointelegraph.

And you need to understand that they are doing this intentionally. They don't have the capability to stay in race by giving up to date news about cryptocurrencies, because Coindesk is much better than them in that regard. So the only option left is to publish fake news, which will be spread around the social media channels by retarded users.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 03:20:57 AM
Merited by BitHodler (1)

Yes, it's middlemen on top of middlemen, lol. Burger King in this cases pays a fee to Takeaway for the exposure/listing of your restaurant, and then pays ShitPay a 1% fee.

Important to point out is that Takeaway has been accepting Bitcoin in several countries (Belgium, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, etc) they are operational, and that for years now.

However, Cointelegraph released this as exciting news for bitcoin. I reckon that we might be witnessing a bear market in the bitcoin news creation business hehehe. Any old boring news, becomes good news.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 05:10:38 AM

ROFL... CoinTelegraph have been churning out shit like this for the past several years.
It's the same nonsense that we see with all the 24 hour news networks. Maybe they are justified during an election or some huge natural disaster, but most of the time there simply isn't enough interesting news to fill 24 hours. So what do they do? Spin any old trash in to headline news with false details and fake outrage. Anyone else remember the amount of coverage Obama got when he wore a tan colored suit (gasp!).

Most crypto "news" sites are the same. There simply isn't enough news or new happenings with bitcoin to justify multiple articles a day. But they need their clicks and they need their ad revenue. So they churn out complete trash like this article, and don't even bother to do the bare minimum amont of fact checking. Gotta keep expenses low regardless if it means posting trash.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 07:29:45 AM

However, Cointelegraph released this as exciting news for bitcoin. I reckon that we might be witnessing a bear market in the bitcoin news creation business hehehe. Any old boring news, becomes good news.
I agree, this is more exposure for Bitcoin. Can't complain about it for that reason. The far majority of the people don't know about this, which is why Cointelegraph and other news outlets can pull this off.

I use a subsidiary of Takeaway to order food almost on a weekly basis and pay for it in Bitcoin. Not sure when they started accepting it, but I started using them back in early 2018, so at least 1.5 years now.

Cool thing is that payments in Bitcoin are accepted instantly as long as you use a sufficient fee. I know people here don't like seeing merchants accept zero fee transactions, but you'll like it when you are on the sending-end. Wink

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 11:00:00 AM

What a waste, Company like burger king must have its online system to accept coins and also it should make btc payments online available to everyone making few branches open to bitcoin within the same country or city will make customers hate burger king when they just wanted to order with bitcoins again and then some branch does not accept bitcoin.

Bitcointalk users are getting paid zero, yet somehow they're able to give people accurate information?

We have to check ourself the authenticity of the information given to us, bitcointalk has a lot of new members sharing information as well so it is up to us to find what part of that information is correct.

Everyone share information according to their knowledge I do not think that anyone wants to misguide anyone it just depends on their knowledge and our understandability of information.

Sharing is caring   Wink
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:16:32 AM

I use a subsidiary of Takeaway to order food almost on a weekly basis and pay for it in Bitcoin. Not sure when they started accepting it, but I started using them back in early 2018, so at least 1.5 years now.
Since November 2013, according to Wikipedia.

This is great news, when will this feature be introduced to the US ?
Takeaway.com largely operates within Europe, so you won't see bitcoin payments becoming available via them in the US. If you want to pay with bitcoin, have you tried contacting the vendors/merchants you wish to pay and asking them to accept bitcoin? They won't start accepting bitcoin if they don't know there is a demand for it. In the meantime, you could spend bitcoin at Bitrefill to purchase gift cards for Uber Eats, Burger King, Domino's, Papa John's, and a whole bunch of others.

I do not think that anyone wants to misguide anyone
Let me introduce you to BCH/BSV. Wink
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:29:29 AM

We have to check ourself the authenticity of the information given to us, bitcointalk has a lot of new members sharing information as well so it is up to us to find what part of that information is correct.

right, people have different reputations for relaying information accurately. thanks for reminding us.

Vires in numeris
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 02:47:44 PM

I believed the article writer was 100% correct because Bitcoin was among the payment systems on the Burger king site and on reddit people said the site accepted Bitcoin payment long ago before the news broke out.
The question is, why would they add Bitcoin logo to their site if they are not accepting it as payment?

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:09:22 PM

I believed the article writer was 100% correct because Bitcoin was among the payment systems on the Burger king site and on reddit people said the site accepted Bitcoin payment long ago before the news broke out.
The question is, why would they add Bitcoin logo to their site if they are not accepting it as payment?

that's big-ish news if correct

I imagine that with a franchise business operating model (that fast food corporations often use), the franchisee has alot of leeway to choose things like payment networks as a part of their contract with the parent company, so one can see how an association of franchisees from 1 country might get together and convince the parent company to do this through the (in this case) .de website.

the franchisees are actually real business owners, who can sell the "restaurant" (a bad description for BurgerKing IMO) to whoever wants to buy, so presumably they want to do the best they can out of their initial investment. Taking BTC might seem like a good way to do that, but we need more information about this story really

Vires in numeris
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 07:04:11 PM

that's big-ish news if correct
So out of curiosity, I jumped over to a German server on my VPN and had a poke around the German Burger King site.

There is absolutely no mention anywhere on burgerking.de of bitcoin. Their FAQ contains the following quote under the question "What methods of payment can be used":
Je nach Restaurant haben die Gäste die Möglichkeit, entweder bar oder bargeldlos mit EC-Karte zu bezahlen.
Translation: Depending on the restaurant, customers can either pay with cash or with an EC Card. (Which is a type of German debit card).

Now, if you click on the "Lieferservice" link, you are redirected to https://www.bklieferservice.de/. Lieferservice is the trading name of takeaway.com in Germany, as I discussed in my post above. On this page, you do indeed see the bitcoin logo. On the takeaway.com/lieferservice/lieferando website, you can find the following quote:
Wähle bei 'Bestelldaten' die Option 'Bitcoin' aus. Im Anschluss klickst Du auf 'Bestellung aufgeben'. Du wirst zu Bitpay, unserem Bitcoin-Zahlungsanbieter weitergeleitet.
Translation: Under "Order details" select the option "Bitcoin". Then click on "Place order". You will be redirected to Bitpay, our Bitcoin payment processor.

So, as far as I can tell, my post above is accurate: Burger King are not accepting bitcoin, but the service they use to provide home deliveries does (via Bitpay). It may be that Lieferservice have recently added the bitcoin logo to their landing page (hence the news story), but in reality they have accepted bitcoin for over 5 years already.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 09:07:56 PM

ahhh, so people on reddit misunderstood. figures.

Vires in numeris
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 10:22:52 PM

This a sounds good for all german bitcoin ethusiasm and another accomplishment of bitcoin that means continue to become popular as very useful in online mode pf payment ao nothing impossible bitcoin in the future a lot of companies adopt and accept as payment.
Gahs

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Minter

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 11:30:39 AM

I just hope burger king won't change its mind later on because it's not the first international company to accept BTC only to reverse  its decision later.

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 04:38:06 PM

I just hope burger king won't change its mind later on because it's not the first international company to accept BTC only to reverse  its decision later.

They don't have to change anything. You haven't read posts on the previous page. BK is not accepting Bitcoin. Everything is done by a third party site. It's like Amazon is not accepting bitcoin but you can buy a gift card with bitcoin and redeem it on amazon.

So, as far as I can tell, my post above is accurate: Burger King are not accepting bitcoin, but the service they use to provide home deliveries does (via Bitpay). It may be that Lieferservice have recently added the bitcoin logo to their landing page (hence the news story), but in reality they have accepted bitcoin for over 5 years already.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: