Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:10:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on Hodl Wallet - Ios  (Read 179 times)
dende93 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 86

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:44:28 AM
Merited by hugeblack (1)

Hello, so in my searching for the perfect mobile wallet I found this Hodl Wallet, that has all the function that I appreciate, such as denomination in sat, fees customization, connect to your own node. But I would like to get some feedback from someone who has used it, if he had problems and if in general is technically a trustworthy wallet. Thanks in advance.

“War is Mass Murder, Conscription is Slavery, Taxation is Robbery.” Murray N. Rothbard

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anoufal

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 10:38:14 AM

Hello, so in my searching for the perfect mobile wallet I found this Hodl Wallet, that has all the function that I appreciate, such as denomination in sat, fees customization, connect to your own node. But I would like to get some feedback from someone who has used it, if he had problems and if in general is technically a trustworthy wallet. Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, the Hodl Wallet app on Android often has login problems and system errors. Besides, I don't like this dark interface design. So I use now the Ownr Wallet and Enjin
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 11:04:00 AM

I think you should move your thread in a bit more appropriate section Wallet Software >  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=37.0
Bottom left corner, click the move button, and find the Wallet software section.

dende93 (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 12:04:33 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2019, 12:23:23 PM by dende93

As far as I know, the Hodl Wallet app on Android often has login problems and system errors. Besides, I don't like this dark interface design. So I use now the Ownr Wallet and Enjin

thanks for the feedback, yes the interface is a bit spartan but i really love the dark theme, like green wallet. Anyway I didn't know Owrn and I tried Enjinn but I don't like them, besides the fact that they doesn't have even one of the fundamental properties I'm looking for and that a wallet must have

“War is Mass Murder, Conscription is Slavery, Taxation is Robbery.” Murray N. Rothbard
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2019, 05:02:17 PM

Did you mean Hodl wallet ----> https://github.com/hodlwallet/hodl-wallet-ios? According to what I read about it, it is a fork of BRD. You can read more of this quote.
Our wallet is non-custodial and doens't have any dependencies that prevent it from working, it uses BIP39 for Mnemonics (12 words) and BIP32 to derive addresses, Bech32 and Legacy addresses are support it, you can, if you want to create your wallet without an internet connection, it uses SPV (and that has its own privacy problems but it's secure).

Read more from the developer here ---> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/b2ccvc/is_hodl_wallet_safe/

I do not think that these features that they added are convincing to me, so if you want to download an IOS wallet it is better to choose between any of these wallets ----> https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet?step=5&platform=ios&user=experienced.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6090

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 05:32:15 PM

I didn't know about this wallet until I came across this thread, and after checking it out, I must say I'm impressed, It has all the features the average user would ask for. Open source, fees customization, fingerprint encryption, full SegWit support, and most importantly (that you already mentioned) the ability to connect to your own node, which is a feature that Mycelium promised a long time ago and failed to deliver. The only feature I would like to see in the future would be Trezor and Ledger support.

I would continue to use the wallet, but I wouldn't recommend it for the storage of large amounts. It might be open source, but the team behind it is unknown and the source has probably not been checked by other developers yet, as it's new on the crypto scene.

If anyone is interested in seeing the wallet in action without installing it, check this review, it covers almost all features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KDf5WYfzQ&t=1s

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dende93 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 02:12:43 PM

Did you mean Hodl wallet ----> https://github.com/hodlwallet/hodl-wallet-ios? According to what I read about it, it is a fork of BRD. You can read more of this quote.
Our wallet is non-custodial and doens't have any dependencies that prevent it from working, it uses BIP39 for Mnemonics (12 words) and BIP32 to derive addresses, Bech32 and Legacy addresses are support it, you can, if you want to create your wallet without an internet connection, it uses SPV (and that has its own privacy problems but it's secure).

Read more from the developer here ---> https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/b2ccvc/is_hodl_wallet_safe/

I do not think that these features that they added are convincing to me, so if you want to download an IOS wallet it is better to choose between any of these wallets ----> https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet?step=5&platform=ios&user=experienced.

yes it's that, looks good because it has all the things that are desirable in a mobile wallet, of course every wallet on a smartphone is not secure and shouldn't be used as a main wallet

dende93 (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 02:21:14 PM

I didn't know about this wallet until I came across this thread, and after checking it out, I must say I'm impressed, It has all the features the average user would ask for. Open source, fees customization, fingerprint encryption, full SegWit support, and most importantly (that you already mentioned) the ability to connect to your own node, which is a feature that Mycelium promised a long time ago and failed to deliver. The only feature I would like to see in the future would be Trezor and Ledger support.

I would continue to use the wallet, but I wouldn't recommend it for the storage of large amounts. It might be open source, but the team behind it is unknown and the source has probably not been checked by other developers yet, as it's new on the crypto scene.

If anyone is interested in seeing the wallet in action without installing it, check this review, it covers almost all features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_KDf5WYfzQ&t=1s

I was impressed too and I am amazed that he is not known as others who are far more overrated.
I'd give them some time, let's see where they go

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: