Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:49:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy/Sell Volume indicators. The missing piece in volume analysis.  (Read 105 times)
coinalyze (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 11:18:16 AM

Hi guys,

Allow me to introduce to you some unique volume indicators that might be very useful for you on technical analysis, the missing piece in volume analysis.

One of the indicators is the Buy vs Sell volume, it's a new and a better way to analyze trading volume. The indicator is represented as two bars: up(green) bar represent the buy volume while the down(red) bar represent the sell volume. How to use it? See if the buy/sell volume grow/fall with the price, see if the buy/sell volume support/follow the price, if not then act accordingly. If the buy/sell volume does not follow the price then that means we have a divergence.

But, we have classical volume bars you may say. Yes, but classical volume may be misleading. Many people think a green volume bar means more buyers...but not always is the case. The color of the bar is simply given by the candle color. Using the Buy vs Sell volume indicator you can see the exact amount of buy and sell volume!

Another volume indicator which may be used in conjunction with Buy vs Sell Volume is Buy vs Sell Trades Count. It represent the number of buy and sell trades: up bar represent buy trades, red bar represent sell trades. How can be used? It can be used to spot large trades for example. If you see a large Buy Volume bar but the Buy Count bar is small that means large trades has been executed, possible big players.

So visit Coinalyze https://coinalyze.net/ and improve your success trading odds! 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Superalgos
Copper Member

Activity: 87
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 11:46:43 AM

Couldn't agree more... It's a similar concept to the one we implemented for the volume indicator in the Superalgos Desktop App, an open-source trading bots platform for non-coders... although it's not that new! Wink
evader11

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 01:26:28 PM

It's a nice idea, it may help for the traders like me. But I'm not agreeing all of your idea like you said that not all green bars more buyers, because according to my study of the candle sticks, the green bar means of buying so if we see a green bar with a very long low tail it means that there are many selling their tokens but the buyers overcome them all. This is only according to what I have learned.

coinalyze (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2019, 01:49:58 PM

It's a nice idea, it may help for the traders like me. But I'm not agreeing all of your idea like you said that not all green bars more buyers, because according to my study of the candle sticks, the green bar means of buying so if we see a green bar with a very long low tail it means that there are many selling their tokens but the buyers overcome them all. This is only according to what I have learned.

Classical volume bar color is given by the candlestick color. If close price greater than open price then candle and volume bar color is green. But, that not necessary means more buyers...in most cases yes more buyers but there are cases where even if the candle is green in reality there were more sellers...The Buy vs Sell Volume indicator gives you a better insight of the volume distribution: buy volume vs sell volume.
alex0808

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 04:29:52 PM

one of the best volume indicators
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: