Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:26:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which country to start an altcoin?  (Read 233 times)
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 02:52:37 AM

social media? such as someone who has a facebook account? we know there are many fake accounts on social media platforms and this can be an opportunity and it's very easy to cheat in getting your coins later. have you ever thought about that?
cliber

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

umachit.fund

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 04:16:11 AM

To release coins requires a fee that I think is expensive. Very strange in my opinion if you give free coins through social media.
Looks like you are joking with creating this topic.

Das

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 05:14:00 AM

Op wants to give out free coins to enable widespread use of the coin. BCH fork started this method and it has gained popularity since then.

His idea of not using technology, I presume refers to not having to mine the coin with a rig.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 05:17:05 AM

social media? such as someone who has a facebook account? we know there are many fake accounts on social media platforms and this can be an opportunity and it's very easy to cheat in getting your coins later. have you ever thought about that?
Facebook is bad social media as far as I know, since there is a bunch of advertising over there. And most people who made an advertise just end up in scam, I have felt it since there is someone who made an advertise and offer me a huge amount of money but I just lost money.

I like the concept of steemit who purely use blockchain on its system. And as far as I know there are only some people who will get money if they made a usefull post and give an enlightenment for those who read the information. I hope in the future there will be a social media such as steemit cause expect we will get money but we will get a board knowledge as well.
lillobo

Activity: 214
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 06:51:07 AM

I cant understand whats your project exactly. But if you are searching for a crypto friendly country to register
your business then I would suggest you Estonia. Its very easy to get your business registered there .
All you have to do is apply for e residency from your country and find an agent in Estonia to help you do the things fast.
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 08:55:59 AM

I've been interested in how to win over bitcoin (if at all).
The idea I got is using social mining, thus each person having Facebook account will get a coin for free.
The idea is to get more users more faster compared to BTC and not win by technology.

1) Has such been tried ?
2) In what country might it be cheapest to start launching a website and ask people to join to see whether such coin can be brought to life and turns viral ?

If everybody gets a coin on facebook for free, who will buy the coin? What value is attached to that coin? Creating an altcoin is easy. Building value on that altcoin is a different ball game already. You should think about this first before considering what country you can launch the altcoin from

Agree, the most difficult thing in the investment world is to build the value and trust of investors. Everyone can make tokens but not all tokens can be traded on the market or exchangers. We have received many airdrops from new projects, but not all can enter the market and be traded
leea-1334

Activity: 2268
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:43:07 AM

With or without social media, so many options and so many ways to scam,,, but I got to agree, this is one of the worst ways you or anyone could rely on for confirmation.

Then again, if people wanted to scam, they will find a way. And there are plenty of idiots who can be scammed easily anyway sometimes the scammers do not have to try so hard.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
zartblu (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 12:38:55 PM

Its easy to create accounts later.
You can allow accounts which have kind of history only. AFAIK Facebook accounts have a number. Maybe its ascending.
but just looking at the history roll of the profile should be enough. If there are entries older than XXX then its fine.

You're right, there are many fake accounts. No method is perfect.
The alternative I had in mind was 'gathering DNA probes', but then you have a point of failure from real world to submitting it.
Its huge amount of effort, doesn't scale easily .. is expensive etc.

You cannot be fair or to be more accurate: There are many ways to define fairness.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: