Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:44:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I find my coins  (Read 189 times)
telico (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 07:31:09 AM

i received my bitcoins in electrum.  I sent bitcoins to address i pasted.  bitcoins not in address.  It has been 20 hours.  this happened last time i used electrum.  How can i tell where they went?  I went on blockchain.  Im confused.  Can anyone help? 
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6144

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 07:37:10 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2019, 08:21:26 AM by OmegaStarScream

Which Electrum version are you using? and to which service/exchange the pasted address belong to? If you can see that the transaction has confirmations in the blockchain, it could be a technical issue from whatever service you're using. Please provide the receiving address or the transaction ID so we can help you more.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 07:37:23 AM

i received my bitcoins in electrum.  I sent bitcoins to address i pasted.  bitcoins not in address.  It has been 20 hours.  this happened last time i used electrum.  How can i tell where they went?  I went on blockchain.  Im confused.  Can anyone help? 

Can you check if the address was not replaced by malware? Does it appear as confirmed in your wallet? What version of Electrum do you use?
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 08:21:54 AM

What does the Electrum History show?
Right click on the transaction and 'View on block explorer' (or 'Details') then you will see the number of confirmations.

But as already mentioned, we would need the txid to provide more detailed answers.

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 01:38:53 PM

Did you check the address on a block explorer ?
Head over to https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/ and enter the address into the field and check it for transactions. Do you see the 'missing' transaction ? If yes, your desktop client has a network/connection issue. The transaction went through in this case.
If you don't see the transaction, it wasn't sent at all.

Please tell us which version of electrum you are using. Where did you download it from ?

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2974

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 11:08:53 PM

You might be having a connection issue from Electrum to Electrum servers.

Check the Electrum wallet and check the bottom if you can see these images below.

And this

it is a sign that your wallet is not connected to the server.

You need to change the server or set the server automatically by clicking the red circle.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████