Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:56:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cryptocurrency-related Business (Pitch)  (Read 356 times)
Pipdips (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 03:49:26 PM

In the original topic I made for this business idea, I mentioned taking out a business loan to get started but then I decided to pivot the idea and not take out any loans at all.  What followed was 6 pages of people (who did not read past the first post of the topic) all discussing loans, when the idea had pivoted and moved in a different direction other than taking out business loans.

So then to escape the loan thing everyone was stuck on, I made a second topic here, and I mentioned smoking or whatever in the original post.  After that I pivoted the business idea because smoking just is not that big of a deal, so it was a pivot.  What followed in this topic is pages of replies from people (who did not read past the first post of the topic) all discussing smoking, even though it really has little to do with the original discussion yet they are stuck on talking about vaping.

Then I made a third topic following another pivot......  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5185072.msg52470231#msg52470231

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 04:05:49 PM

Allowing smoking will good for police works, detectives will probably liter in the area watching everyone who leaves cigarette butts which is source of DNA.  Putting all the DNA profiles of the BTC users will allow these detectives to easily find BTC criminals in the area. Basically you are not just providing KYC, videos of you in the boot but also medical profile.  The government needs this business venue, they'd be more than happy to provide free cigars from Cuba too.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 06:30:01 PM

1. A bar -  a separate area for a full fledged bar can be designated or you can serve alcohol at the game counter.
No Alcohol!  Am I right about that??  Booze is profitable but it is too unproductive, messy, and too troublesome. If anything, we open these cafes in big cities that allow pot.  San Francisco for sure but even New York City has become very lax with pot recently.

Alcohol is one of the most profit earning venture that you can find in the market today! I understand your point, but it also important to think from a business sustainability perspective. Pot surely can't match alcohol in terms of profitability. However, the bar area should be designated separately and it shouldn't be allowed while enjoying a computer game. I am talking about a bar cum barbecue model where a separate area can be designated for serving both of these consumables! I am sure a lot of money is needed to have such big business operational, a bar can definitely make a big difference even in odd hours!

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
September 16, 2019, 09:12:28 PM

And frankly I wouldn't want to be around smokers in an internet cafe-type place, even if it was as big as a warehouse.  Vaping yes, smoking no.

E-cigarettes freak me out more than conventional smoke. If they're causing popcorn lung from a couple years of vaping, then secondhand aerosol from vapes might be pretty bad too. https://no-smoke.org/electronic-smoking-devices-secondhand-aerosol/

Everyone loves the idea of arcades because they bring a feeling of nostalgia, but in reality nobody wants to spend time or money in them anymore.

Old school arcades are kind of big in the Pacific Northwest......Portland and such. But it goes hand in hand with the cheaper rents. I just have trouble seeing how this kind of thing will be profitable given the rents in NYC.

Alcohol is one of the most profit earning venture that you can find in the market today! I understand your point, but it also important to think from a business sustainability perspective. Pot surely can't match alcohol in terms of profitability.

Pot is ultra profitable in urban retail settings but it's not legal in New York. So booze is the only way to go.

Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 12:28:39 AM

Really cool idea, OP.

Bitcoin ATM and withdrawal of USD fiat in exchange for crypto could be in high demand. Localbitcoins has been around for a long time. But there are always stories of people being scammed on there. Having a trustworthy accredited physical location to withdraw cash in exchange for crypto would be great.

If you don't mind suggestions, expanding into gold and precious metals trade as well as offering physical gift cards or anon credit cards, all in exchange for crypto, could do good business as well as provide valuable services that are good for job markets and the economy. The more financial options people have and the more efficiently they're able to spend or exchange their wealth all contribute positively towards economic output and elevating standard of living.

Directly purchasing food and groceries with crypto is another area that could be in demand. Ditto with buying/selling physical goods via crypto. If it were possible to operate something like a yard sale market with crypto, where people could buy and sell things and be 100% confident they won't be scammed, that is another thing there could be demand for.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 03:13:58 AM

online games that are connected to crypto-currency.

I'm gonna stop you right there. This is why this idea would fail if someone tried to implement it - there aren't any games that are "connected to cryptocurrency", and there probably will never be any. I can't imagine people going to an Internet cafe to play some stupid Cryptokitties. Visitors of Internet cafes mostly play some massively popular multiplayer online games, so before such game would arrive, your business would just be an Internet cafe with Bitcoin. If you won't be accepting fiat at all, you'll find it very hard to make a profit.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 05:34:08 AM
Merited by Pipdips (1)

Business Name: Ompahlos
A futuristic store that is a step ahead of the rest...

Concept: A warehouse location with a few Bitcoin ATM's, and dozens of desk-like booths with computer desktops with online games that are connected to crypto-currency.  Smoking is permitted at the desks.  Energy drinks and vape products can also be purchased and consumed at the game desks.  The game desks will be rented by the hour by paying with Bitcoin but the clients will be given cards that they can use to essentially run tabs as they hang out and buy stuff.  The tab is so they do not have to worry about paying until they want to leave.  Services will be made somewhat affordable for younger people but it is also a place they know they will blow all their money but enjoy doing it.

Other services: We also sell crypto-currency products like cold storage wallets, and funny t-shirts and stickers about Bitcoin.  We will include other cool futuristic products that will appeal to our gamer client base, like electronic scooters, electric skateboards, drones, and other products that are the newest, the latest, the greatest.  Cutting edge services like the best pre-releases on new games and counsels, so we will work closely as business-to-business insiders for gaining access to pre-releases and sneak peaks. Oh and definitely we can cater to the Artificial Intelligence and augmented reality scene (!!!).  We will always be a step ahead the rest, with the latest and greatest robotics technologies for consumers that will keep people coming back to the store and keep people inside the store hanging out and spending money, participating in gaming events, taking classes, and networking with people, connecting to people and the technology, making friends.

Decor: It will be open late: hours are 12 noon until 4AM in the morning.  It will be located in a cool yet gritty USA city like in Brooklyn, New York or Oakland, California.  It will be decorated cool like with graffiti inside the building similar to graffiti at skate parks, so that it will not be a totally sterile environment but more of a creative space for making people feel more comfortable. At the same time, there will be heavy cleaning services performed outside the hours of operation.

Business Basics: Our primary language for business is English.  All laws will be followed to the very best of our ability.  Ethics are very important.  It will be a fully legitimate company that follows all of the laws including tax payments.  The business has an impeccable reputation for playing by all the rules.  This is a completely debt-free business.  No loans will be taken, unless a generous outside party agrees to service the loans for free, or if they flat out gifts the business some Bitcoin or cash.  

I really like this concept. When I didn't have a job a year ago and was just focusing my time in crypto and other freelance job, I spend my whole day playing games and earning crypto in an internet cafe. This kind of cafe would be a good place to hang out. This kind of cafe would be patronized if there is such in our country. Teenagers and most men here in our country are gamers and likes hanging out in internet cafe.

Pipdips (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 29, 2019, 12:53:01 PM

I really like this concept. When I didn't have a job a year ago and was just focusing my time in crypto and other freelance job, I spend my whole day playing games and earning crypto in an internet cafe. This kind of cafe would be a good place to hang out. This kind of cafe would be patronized if there is such in our country. Teenagers and most men here in our country are gamers and likes hanging out in internet cafe.
Thanks.  Brilliant reply.  I sent you +1 Merit point.

Really if we start automating enough people out of their jobs eventually people will need to gather places to mine for money somehow.  People will naturally search for new ways to make money.  Some of the things you mentioned -- could really present numerous new possibilities in business, to turn things around in a positive direction?

This topic idea has progressed into a new discussion and it was expanded into a separate topic here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5185072.0;all
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: