Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:11:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Free Exchange Listing @ Altilly Exchange (September)  (Read 163 times)
HodlerCompany (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 167
Merit: 12

Hodler Enterprises

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 05:12:21 PM
Last edit: November 16, 2019, 08:47:37 PM by HodlerCompany

✦ Special Offer until the end of September ✦

QAE-1 Token: FREE of Charge
ERC-20 Token: FREE of Charge
Any other token: 0.10 BTC
Coin: 0.15 BTC

Apply for listing: http://altilly.com/page/addasset

*Note: You will need to be the developer of any asset submitted. Developer name included  (KYC required for devs)

Requirements for listing your asset on the Altilly Exchange:

- KYC Verified account at Altilly.
- Only a core team member of the project can apply for listing.
- Website dedicated to the asset.
- Block explorer for the asset.
- Solid product with real use-case (or planned use-case per white paper).
- At least 1 social group with user activity. (ie. discord, telegram, slack etc.)
- Announcement thread. (ie. bitcointalk, medium etc.)
- The project is no longer ICO phase.
- Tokenomics: Proof that at least 60% of the circulating supply has been distributed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Oskii

Activity: 244
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2019, 06:11:33 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2019, 06:32:40 PM by Oskii

WARNING THIS EXCHANGE HAS A SERIOUS SECURITY ISSUE

I registered to this site and got an email WITH MY PASSWORD INSIDE IN PLAIN TEXT!

This is a SERIOUS security issue, as it shows that

1) This exchange is storing passwords in plain text somewhere on their database.
2) They don't realise how terrible the practice of emailing users their passwords is

Be very careful and request that the developers confirm their password security practices. We do not want another compromised exchange that leaks users' passwords to the world.

When I contacted the developers on the issue, they basically snobbed me off and didn't listen, his final message to me was:

Code:
ok, well, i'm going back to bed.  got a phone call waking me up about this.    you can leave messages here

This is after I pointed out three vulnerabilities with the exchange within 10 minutes of looking

If you plan on using this exchange, please proceed with EXTREME caution. Too many people are being compromised these days
tinyteapot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 16, 2019, 08:31:57 AM

email WITH MY PASSWORD INSIDE IN PLAIN TEXT!
I am not really sure how this can be a security threat, because www.altilly.com and other exchanges have other security checks like ip, 2Factor Authentication etc.

Above all,

ok, well, i'm going back to bed.  got a phone call waking me up about this.    you can leave messages here
This is the most foolish response from a business owner that i ever heard, at least he should appreciate your concern.
Mike-O

Activity: 64
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 01:35:36 PM

Unsure why this guy keeps posting FUD.

Here are his "3 claims"... 

#1 .. "you store passwords in plain text"

Answer:   No.  We do not store passwords unencrypted.   That would be stupid.    We send a temporary system generated password to the user on signup (and store that encrypted).    The user will need to change the temporary password when logging in for the first time.   (This helps us to validate that users who login can get our emails)

# 2 .. "you allow bitcoin deposits before they get 1 confirm"

Answer:   No.  Our minimum confirms for BTC is 3 confirmations.   No idea where he got this idea from, he provided no further details.  Most of the other coins we list require more than 3 confirms.

# 3 .. "hackers can know you are using PHP"

Answer:   This isn't a security issue.    Most websites these days are either PHP or NodeJS.    Just knowing the main programming language doesn't really give hackers much of an edge.

In any case, thanks for the attention!  Smiley

- Mike

Check out Qredit -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030061.40
Mike-O

Activity: 64
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 02:29:27 PM

This is the most foolish response from a business owner that i ever heard, at least he should appreciate your concern.

Taken out of context, sure.    But after dealing with this guy making one false claim after another..   I saw no reason to lose any more sleep over it.

Had there been any valid claims, then of course I would have stayed up all night to fix.

- Mike

Check out Qredit -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5030061.40
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: