Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:46:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with coinbase  (Read 175 times)
nuube (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 06:55:45 PM

Hi all. I have been having bother linking an account with Coinbase. The 'donation/test' amount was sent and after verification failed I contacted them. I had a reply saying it would be resolved in 4 -5 business days and here I am still waiting to have it sorted a month later.

Have others had this same issue with Coinbase?
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 07:05:42 PM

Hi all. I have been having bother linking an account with Coinbase. The 'donation/test' amount was sent and after verification failed I contacted them. I had a reply saying it would be resolved in 4 -5 business days and here I am still waiting to have it sorted a month later.

Have others had this same issue with Coinbase?

their customer support is awful. they usually respond with useless boilerplate emails 3-4 times before someone will actually look into your issue. there's not much you can do but keep replying/updating the ticket every couple days until that happens.

did you not receive the 2 small deposits at all, or did the verification fail when you tried to enter the amounts? if you didn't receive them at all, you might delete and re-link the account and re-attempt verification. i've verified two bank accounts with this method---no issues---but this was a couple years ago.

nuube (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 09:05:18 PM

I just followed the process as requested. Initially my bank declined the move as it appeared suspicious to them.

After I realised that, (thank you very much for blocking my card and not telling me), I completed the process as requested and it went through no issue from my end......and yet I wait.

So two emails later I'm waiting impatiently and looking at cex.io. Any thoughts on cex.io?
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 09:38:20 PM

So two emails later I'm waiting impatiently and looking at cex.io. Any thoughts on cex.io?
CEX hasn't been any better looking at how many complaints I have seen about them since 2017. Their support seems a bit more responsive though, and they do have a forum rep here that pops up from time to time.

I would rather have a bit more patience and just stick to Coinbase or look for a smaller exchanging service. Smaller exchanging services tend to have much better customer support too because they don't deal with large volumes.

If you really want to look at other spot exchanges then Kraken, Bitstamp and Gemini would be the next exchanges to focus on, though, neither of them is going to offer reliable customer support.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 10:43:25 PM

I just followed the process as requested. Initially my bank declined the move as it appeared suspicious to them.

After I realised that, (thank you very much for blocking my card and not telling me), I completed the process as requested and it went through no issue from my end......and yet I wait.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. You're trying to link a bank account to your Coinbase account, correct? Are you saying your bank blocked your card because they flagged the Coinbase verification deposits as suspicious? But you sorted it out and received the verification deposits?

What happened when you input the deposit amounts on Coinbase? This is normally an automated process -- assuming the amounts were correct -- not something that should require human intervention.

I've heard mixed reviews. They aren't known as a top tier exchange. I think they were banked by Crypto Capital some time ago and were facing some pretty bad banking delays.

Coinbase Pro and Kraken seem to be the best reviewed options nowadays.

nuube (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 12:26:44 PM

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. You're trying to link a bank account to your Coinbase account, correct? Are you saying your bank blocked your card because they flagged the Coinbase verification deposits as suspicious? But you sorted it out and received the verification deposits?

What happened when you input the deposit amounts on Coinbase? This is normally an automated process -- assuming the amounts were correct -- not something that should require human intervention.

Yeah bank refused it - after contacting bank I resent the money and it went with no further problems and has been removed from my account. Coinbase have the money yet refuse to acknowledge it.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 05:07:28 PM

Yeah bank refused it - after contacting bank I resent the money and it went with no further problems and has been removed from my account. Coinbase have the money yet refuse to acknowledge it.

I doubt Coinbase would purposely ignore your transfer. It's more likely that Coinbase's banking partner either hasn't received the transaction itself, or that it is received, but not yet fully cleared. The slow communication between you and Coinbase might be the result of them simply not having any information about this case to share yet.

I would give it a few more days to see if everything comes through well. Wait until wednesday or thursday to see if anything has changed, if not, contact them again.
nuube (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 05:16:14 PM

I doubt Coinbase would purposely ignore your transfer. It's more likely that Coinbase's banking partner either hasn't received the transaction itself, or that it is received, but not yet fully cleared. The slow communication between you and Coinbase might be the result of them simply not having any information about this case to share yet.

I would give it a few more days to see if everything comes through well. Wait until wednesday or thursday to see if anything has changed, if not, contact them again.

I would have thought 21 days would have been enough!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: