Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:00:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Different between Binance and Binance Dex.  (Read 319 times)
icekohl

Activity: 339
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 03:34:49 PM

Binance DEX just allow the token on Binance Chain, so it cannot surpass Binance CEX because Binance CEX integrates all coins and blockchains.
Currently I heard the information that OKEx deploying OK Chain, to be able to compete directly with Binance in the future.
From your words, I realized that Binance Dex is a centralized platform that runs on its own blockchain?
Yes, you can said that. All of the DEXs now only allow you to trade tokens on that blockchain platform, like IDEX and Forkdelta on Ethereum blockchain. If they can solve the problem of cross-chain transaction, they can overcome CEXs in the future.

esofelap

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:21:40 PM

Binance DEX just allow the token on Binance Chain, so it cannot surpass Binance CEX because Binance CEX integrates all coins and blockchains.
Currently I heard the information that OKEx deploying OK Chain, to be able to compete directly with Binance in the future.
From your words, I realized that Binance Dex is a centralized platform that runs on its own blockchain?
That's the nature of decentralized exchange, just like IDEX and Etherdelta (forkdelta), they are all trading only ETH tokens that runs in ETH network, and we called them decentralized because we can access the site without opening an account and complying with the KYC.

However, Binance DEX and IDEX if I'm not mistaken have already started to put some KYC requirement.
In Binance DEX, there are countries that are not allowed to use the platform, so it's not really decentralized.
You are right, I liked Idex before it, there were a lot of different hype tokens.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 08:22:31 PM

It still does not make any difference because people are still using their cex exchange more, despite the fact that the dex is owned by binance and still has the hype that is needed to give them all the volume they need.
The moment Binance stops rewarding people for using it, and withdraws its market makers that generate most of the volume, it's pretty much the end for them when it comes to the hype and popularity.

No dex is able to generate decent enough volumes on its own because the demand simply isn't there. I know that it's a wet dream for a lot of people here to see dexes take over, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

It potentially might never happen with how most people don't really have problems with KYC. The amount of effort needed to get dexes off the ground just isn't worth it for anyone, not even for Binance.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
esofelap

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 08:20:24 PM

It still does not make any difference because people are still using their cex exchange more, despite the fact that the dex is owned by binance and still has the hype that is needed to give them all the volume they need.
The moment Binance stops rewarding people for using it, and withdraws its market makers that generate most of the volume, it's pretty much the end for them when it comes to the hype and popularity.

No dex is able to generate decent enough volumes on its own because the demand simply isn't there. I know that it's a wet dream for a lot of people here to see dexes take over, but it's not going to happen any time soon.

It potentially might never happen with how most people don't really have problems with KYC. The amount of effort needed to get dexes off the ground just isn't worth it for anyone, not even for Binance.
CZ is very smart man, I like his position. I think he will change something in future, to have more popularity.

BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 08:26:42 PM

CZ is very smart man, I like his position. I think he will change something in future, to have more popularity.
His options are running out though. By definition, BNB is a security, which if he wants to offer that one to US residents, he has to knock on the door of the SEC and hope they will approve his proposal.

BNB has taken a 50% dive to where it is right now. Sure, it has gone up a lot too, but people as you know only look at what it is doing right now, and not what it has done in the past.

I'm pretty sure that he was a large seller too. He is very smart and acknowledges the fact that converting BNB to Bitcoin regularly makes him not lose too much, especially if it ends up going back to single digit prices.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
esofelap

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 06:25:15 AM

His options are running out though. By definition, BNB is a security, which if he wants to offer that one to US residents, he has to knock on the door of the SEC and hope they will approve his proposal.

BNB has taken a 50% dive to where it is right now. Sure, it has gone up a lot too, but people as you know only look at what it is doing right now, and not what it has done in the past.

I'm pretty sure that he was a large seller too. He is very smart and acknowledges the fact that converting BNB to Bitcoin regularly makes him not lose too much, especially if it ends up going back to single digit prices.
People like me? Do you have any claims to me? I expressed my opinion on this person and on actions. It’s enough for me that he made a Binance launchpad.

tonyvo2017

Activity: 526
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
September 15, 2019, 07:22:45 AM

#Update 1:
1. Is it possible that one day Binance DEX beat the main Binance exchange...? (Just Curious  Cheesy Cheesy)

DEX is never comparable to CEX, you know, IDEX has been around for a long time and its trading volume is just enough, not high.
Binance DEX takes a long time to get there, but most investors want to trade at CEX. There are more coins there than at DEX.

esofelap

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 08:28:05 AM

#Update 1:
1. Is it possible that one day Binance DEX beat the main Binance exchange...? (Just Curious  Cheesy Cheesy)

DEX is never comparable to CEX, you know, IDEX has been around for a long time and its trading volume is just enough, not high.
Binance DEX takes a long time to get there, but most investors want to trade at CEX. There are more coins there than at DEX.
I don’t understand why they did verification on Idex exchange if absolutely fictitious data can be entered there.

princerepon (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 09:03:00 PM

#Update 1:

So you just think, because of CEX have more coin to trade that's why DEX never comparable to CEX..? If i'm not wrong then DEX is more secure than CEX right..? And we saw already CEX attack by hackers couple of times. So isn't it possible that for more security people choose DEX near future..?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: