Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:43:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An open letter to Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 138 times)
Chaosskryptein (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 09:34:22 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2019, 04:45:47 PM by Chaosskryptein

This is an odd one I'm sure, for bitcoin talk, in a round about way.

About a week ago, a close friend of mine, whom I introduced to bitcoin some months ago, hit me with news I did not see coming. This guy is the type of guy who in the mid of absolute anarchy would turn around and say everything is fine. A strong, hard soul.

Over the past 2 years or so, his child has been battling with illness and given the nature of this illness, he has taken loans out to cover Bill's. I had asked in the past how is everything going  and the response was always, "all good" but it turns out, it's not so good.

He informed me by showing me a "blog" post he had written  on medium, that he alone is over 14K in debt, not including is partners 15K. All accumulated due to medical expense. He mentions in the post that he should had never been accepted for these loans and could not afford health insurance so had to take them.

The letter he wrote is titled "an open letter to satoshi nakamoto" and he delves into why he is writing it.

It's very sad to see a man I, in some ways, idealised for his strong being and mental strength, do such things and not knowing how bad things are made it worse.

In the letter he states that he Hope's Satoshi is real and reads his letter, not for what he wants to receive but for what it will mean to receive it. I get where is going but me personally, I probably wouldn't do this but the  again, I've never been in such a situation, not eith my kids anyway.

But, let's be real for a second. As we all know, either Satoshi is dead, was never a singler or has just vanished and I believe his letter will more than likely be never read by satoshi.

My friend, Michael, thought it would be best to write the letter on medium... just to give you an idea of how little he is involved in bitcoin but loves and believes in its value. So, I have taken it upon myself, in the case that just possibly satoshi actually is around, that here would be the best place to for it? to see the letter.

Link to letter: “An open letter to Satoshi Nakamoto.” by Michael Lucy https://link.medium.com/PRh73UV5KZ

Imagine your first bitcoin coming from Satoshi  Cheesy - would be worth more than market value anyway lol.

Wither or not Satoshi does or doesn't ever see the letter, remember, just as a human being:

Strong we may feel. Brave we can be but life, can and will get on top of you, especially with children involved but, at the end of the day, we have health, we have family and we have friends. People help people and never ever stop asking if the ones you love are alright, even if they say they are, one day it could all just come out.

Thanks for the read.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3080

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 04:15:51 AM

* Brief disclaimer before I start*
I have not and will not EVER scam anyone. I have a little following on Twitter and those who know me there know that I'm not scammy, nor have I ever even "shilled" a tip address or ref link. My closer bitcoin mates in Ireland, know I only help and advise and never ask in return. I mention this as this topic may come across "scammy" so, I want to ensure it is not taken in such a manor.

The topic will still come up as scammy.  You are just typing words - they have no substance.  I cannot eat or trade what you typed, so don't ask for anything of value in return.  Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Chaosskryptein (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 12:36:39 PM

Sure. Hense the disclaimer. I'm asking for nothing. Simply posting here given my knowledge of this space giving my friends post the best chance.
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2019, 10:47:04 PM

Sure. Hense the disclaimer. I'm asking for nothing. Simply posting here given my knowledge of this space giving my friends post the best chance.

Sure, its not like medium rewards people for views or anything, otherwise the letter would be here, as copying and pasting isn't too hard, and you can even leave the link for reference and to avoid a plagiarism accusation...

But like you said, Satoshi isn't reading this letter, anyway.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Chaosskryptein (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 03:28:36 PM

Sure, its not like medium rewards people for views or anything, otherwise the letter would be here, as copying and pasting isn't too hard, and you can even leave the link for reference and to avoid a plagiarism accusation...

Do they? Wasn't aware but makes sense that they do. Anyway, if you looked at the medium post, it's the only post on a newish account. Doubt he would get anything even if he did do it for such monetary value. I'd assume it's like YouTube and you must acquire 1000s / 100000s of views.
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 446

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 04:00:44 PM

Do they? Wasn't aware but makes sense that they do. Anyway, if you looked at the medium post, it's the only post on a newish account. Doubt he would get anything even if he did do it for such monetary value. I'd assume it's like YouTube and you must acquire 1000s / 100000s of views.
Well as what you said completely that you are just sharing this for your friend so I think it’s enough that it was posted here and no need to stand as if you were the one who’s needing what imposed in the open letter

And besides you addressed Satoshi Nakamoto then let’s wait if he/she will respond if even he read this post(hopefully,and praying)

Also Wishing Luck and sending prayers for your friend [if this letter is legit)

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Chaosskryptein (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 07:41:36 AM

I appreciate that. Thank you.

Well as what you said completely that you are just sharing this for your friend so I think it’s enough that it was posted here and no need to stand as if you were the one who’s needing what imposed in the open letter

And besides you addressed Satoshi Nakamoto then let’s wait if he/she will respond if even he read this post(hopefully,and praying)

Also Wishing Luck and sending prayers for your friend [if this letter is legit)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: