Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:16:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the US Government Trying To Control Crypto?  (Read 775 times)
todiboa

Activity: 128
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 08:18:28 PM

The US government is completely against crypto. Do you know why? The answer is very simple. Crypto is independence against the government and centralized structures. If the US cannot control people, it will lose power and capabilities, and this is unacceptable for them. Therefore, the US regulates crypto so much, especially Bitcoin, which is the most decentralized
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oyarebu

Activity: 258
Merit: 32

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 08:29:29 PM

I don't think they try to control it. President Donal Trump has stated that he hates cryptocurrencies. However, this country still has a large number of currencies around the world. Besides, electronic facilities are difficult to control and manage.
Basically there might be a secret the US government is keeping about the cryptocurrency, the president of the united state said, he is not a fan of cryptocurrency that might be a deep word. We all know who they are and what they are doing, they will always find ways to control the cryptocurrency world no matter how long it takes them to get there.

bc1q09t7xlllkfalkypqvca36qzczd6vlhctnpwj9u
zviadits

Activity: 88
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 09:32:53 PM

Wait? Let me read it carefully?
I think the information on the article is about the new expansion of Binance to have customers from US.
It is good news for investors or traders from US, they will have a chance to join Binance legally.
So, I don't see the issue about "US government trying to control crypto" there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even if the US government tries to control crypto, I am not sure it is possible like controlling USD.
I can't imagine how the US government claims to be the controller and make some regulations for crypto space.
Did the US government create crypto space? Even if they provide some proofs, I doubt the community around the world will agree.

The US government does this latently. To reduce the demand for crypto, such statements appear in the internet and social media
https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2019/08/22/us-government-knows-youre-buying-opioids-with-bitcoin-and-it-doesnt-like-it/
By creating negative reviews about Bitcoin, the government makes people think that cryptocurrency is a bad.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 09:56:40 PM

They might, they may not. But judging from the direction they are coming from, it's possible they might finally control it.
Not only the US government, every state government will want to control Bitcoin in their country if they ever let it function in their state.
And reason is because the government hates what they cannot control especially when it has do with money.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 10:12:25 PM

Yeah is very obvious not only want to try, US government want to bitcoin control derictly, example of that coinbase and bittrex are forcing to report all bitcoin or crypto holder using kyc system to the IRS for subject to collect taxes from the crypto user or holder, and US want to implement of full regulation of crypto currency.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 10:55:53 PM

This might be a possibility but I think their main reason is because they want their own platform in the US, though maybe that is the only reason. Even that means a lot of US users, that just means US have a lot of users and nothing else. I don't want to relate or connect this to US government, since we are talking about an exchange.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 02:11:48 AM

They might, they may not. But judging from the direction they are coming from, it's possible they might finally control it.
Not only the US government, every state government will want to control Bitcoin in their country if they ever let it function in their state.
And reason is because the government hates what they cannot control especially when it has do with money.
There are possible chances from America and rest of the countries trying to have control on cryptocurrency. For the same they might or might not created some process to be followed. In reality however they follow some guidelines it is impossible to keep the network under their control. Maybe there will be strict regulations on usage.

Understanding the low chance of keeping the network under them, more countries have begun to create their own cryptocurrency. Some have just given the traditional fiat the digital appearance and those are limited for usage within the country. Here the growth factor is the one that makes governments have an eye over it, but they describe to eradicate the usage on terrorism and illegal activities this is been kept under surveillance.
Lauren Smith

Activity: 1050
Merit: 277

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 02:30:55 AM

When has the US government not tried to gain control of something? I mean shit sometimes I so much oil on my food the US government might invade. Always sticking their fingers where they do not belong.
It shows they fear us and so they should. This is going to be like a war, the war of the currencies and fiat vs crypto. Eventually, people will have to choose. Use a government-supplied currency or one supplied by a blockchain?

suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 09:29:06 AM

It is very usual for the GOV to try controlling the Crypto, Maximum of them hate the decentralized nature of it and trying to find out a way to possibly control it. the mass adoption of cryptocurrency may bring dispute on the tax system and for the GOVs it's a threat to their economy.

thecryptogandalf

Activity: 147
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 11:38:27 AM

Well, The content of article have nothing to do with US government and their effort to control the crypto. Article only says that Binance is ready to launch in the US market.
In addition, US government cannot control the crypto because it is against crypto`s nature by being decentralised. They can try monitor transaction in order to prevent some fraud but controlling it? I don`t really think so.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4152

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 11:50:20 AM

Every government around the world not just the US government are trying to control the industry (crypto-industry). What the US government are trying to achieve isn't different from what the South Korea, China government have already achieve; that's having total control over the industry operation in their respective countries.

If they were to succeed then only the centralized project will be regulated (controlled) to suit their tax pyramid scheme. The US government are only affect controlling the industry so they could benefit via tax charges. They're not concerned about the operation of the industry as they have stated that numerous times. Their most recent was President Donald Trum declaration of bitcoin and its like not been recognized as currency.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dessyhodin97

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 03:35:28 PM

i hope this doesn't mean bad for crypto enthusiasts
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 03:47:08 PM

From what I know the U.S. government particularly their SEC is sensitive on businesses, ICOs, and other crypto related businesses that are not registered in the U.S. but still has U.S. clients that is why we have seen Binance backed out from their U.S. operations a few weeks ago. Now they are just re-enteri g the market and maybe they have done that because they already have the proper license for it. The way I see it is they are more concerned on not getying any cuts from the taxes that they can't collect when this kinds of unregistered operations are running.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 11:11:55 PM

I think the US government more than any other government highly place the interest of their citizen and try as much as possible to protect from every financial harm that might come to them.
If you are living in a dictatorship reign then the things you said will be true, what harm can be done through bitcoin, it is a free market and everyone has the opportunity to participate in it irrespective of region and restrictions in trade is not the way to prosper. Every government will place their interest of their citizens even dictators because they do not want any uprising that could potentially overthrow them  Tongue.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 05:36:20 PM

Every government around the world not just the US government are trying to control the industry (crypto-industry). What the US government are trying to achieve isn't different from what the South Korea, China government have already achieve; that's having total control over the industry operation in their respective countries.

If they were to succeed then only the centralized project will be regulated (controlled) to suit their tax pyramid scheme. The US government are only affect controlling the industry so they could benefit via tax charges. They're not concerned about the operation of the industry as they have stated that numerous times. Their most recent was President Donald Trum declaration of bitcoin and its like not been recognized as currency.
The word every government needs to be watched. Do you know how many government of the world that we have? The fact that America and china are trying to control is not enough to generalize it because as far as I am concerned, my government even knows nothing about cryptocurrency, and they are not even looking at that area for now, it was just the hype of 2017 that made the Central bank come in to usher one few words and ever since then, nothing has been said about it again.

Though we need regulation badly, but I am not happy the way some of these countries like china are going about it, they are all creating their own currency and indirectly running the technology into a centralized one which is far beyond the view of cryptocurrency.
jekainvestor

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:19:19 PM

Binance just announced that their US platform would be ready in weeks. The question is, what's on the mind of the American government concerning crypto. Isn't it possible they're trying to control it like the USD? https://www.cryptoinfowatch.com/binance-us-ready-for-launch-in-weeks/

What is on mind of the American governmental institutions about the crypto may know only people who work there. Nobody will announce the truth untill it will be suitable. So it is hard to say what they really want but in my opinion the US Government try to control and even do control already lots of processes and to my mind the crypto is not the exception. may be the do control in not such a way they would like it to be, but of course like other countries they do this.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 154

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:33:38 PM

Ofcourse they want.they know they cant stop or ban crypto so there is only one way to save usd which is take control of ceypto.
You got a point there but in my view its too late for the government of the united state of America to gain control over the cryptocurrency industry. They have been hash on the community, hash on their citizens for using cryptocurrency, they don't want to use decentralized exchanges around her territory, these sum up among others will not give them the enably environment to control the industry.
There have been speculations that they are likely to be the inventors of cryptocurrency, but until then, if they aren't the ones then they cannot control the cryptocurrency.

Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1857

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 06:10:14 AM

The US government wants to control everything. Or at least they always want to have the largest piece of the pie. Have you not noticed it? They wanted to control cryptocurrency. They wanted to control other countries. They wanted to control the oil in the Middle East. They wanted to control the leaders of sovereign nations. Part of the reason why crypto is rather slow in its growth or adoption is that they are somehow hindering it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 06:34:11 AM

The US government wants to control everything. Or at least they always want to have the largest piece of the pie. Have you not noticed it? They wanted to control cryptocurrency. They wanted to control other countries. They wanted to control the oil in the Middle East. They wanted to control the leaders of sovereign nations. Part of the reason why crypto is rather slow in its growth or adoption is that they are somehow hindering it.

Yes, that is true. That is because the US government think that with all of their power, they can control everything they want. But it is difficult since the cryptocurrency run by itself and cannot be controlled by any government. If they still force what they want, I cannot imagine what will happen to the other big countries because they will not allow the US government to do that.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
September 14, 2019, 08:34:46 AM

Tell me one thing that the US is not trying to control in the leadership of Trump .

He literally wanna monopolize everything and maybe make the country monarchy in some years ...don't think about it if you are feeling bad then just do one thing go on his Twitter page and you will be able to know that 99% of times his comments have no basis . 😂

But best thing is ...no one can control Cryptocurrency other than us.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████