Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:18:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why certain coins are worth more per dollar?  (Read 251 times)
Jogor (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 11:01:34 PM

Hey everyone I’m pretty new to the crypto currency stocks. Just a few quick questions I’d like to ask:

Is the reason that bitcoins price is around 15k per coin because the demand is so high but there is only 18 million coins availiable. Is this why there are other coins which are very high in demand but is only worth 1 dollar or less because they have billions of coins so even though there is high demand there is just an abundance of coins which means price is less? If that case is correct is there any other coins which will have potential to be worth many thousands of dollars because of high demand and low supply or was bitcoin the only real worth investment for holding because it will be the only one which multiplied from start to finish around 29000x?
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 03:42:04 AM

Just like anything like commodities or even services, things are boiling down to supply and demand. When there is a demand and the supply is slow we can expect the price to go up but if there is no demand even if there is a low supply then things will not be looking good. With Bitcoin, the demand is steady though being volatile the price can go up and down dramatically. There are actually other good platforms (even say they can better than Bitcoin) but the demand is not there or maybe the market has not been that much interested with them.
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 03:59:15 AM

Hey everyone I’m pretty new to the crypto currency stocks. Just a few quick questions I’d like to ask:

Is the reason that bitcoins price is around 15k per coin because the demand is so high but there is only 18 million coins availiable. Is this why there are other coins which are very high in demand but is only worth 1 dollar or less because they have billions of coins so even though there is high demand there is just an abundance of coins which means price is less? If that case is correct is there any other coins which will have potential to be worth many thousands of dollars because of high demand and low supply or was bitcoin the only real worth investment for holding because it will be the only one which multiplied from start to finish around 29000x?

As the user @CryptoBry noted: it all depends on the demand and recognition of the project, for example, everyone wants to have bitcoin due to this, it costs quite a lot of money. And about other projects that are better, the one here is more dependent on the developers. They attract users and developers to their project with interesting functions, ethereum did it and due to this, the project, although it does not cost as bitcoin, is considered cryptocurrency No. 2.
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 04:23:56 AM

There was a lot of coins with a very small supply and it's worth thousand dollars for each coin and i can say that has already proven if that theory is true but not at all. Remember about the inflation and total supply doesn't give a huge impact on the price of coin.
I have seen so many coins with very low supply got high price at its early FOMO but it was going to the bottom caused by the coin and team can't defend the value.
The price determined by the market and it can't be disrupted.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 07:46:04 AM

Yes, the demand of bitcoin is so high and the market cap is the center of attraction here. 2nd, yes  in this market the law of supply and demand is applicable so whether the demand for a coin that has hundreds of millions to billions of supply is high, yet the price of it ends up to centavos to a buck.

One example of that coin that you are looking for is ethereum. It has a hundred millions of supply but it has reached $1.4k during its peak.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 07:57:56 AM

Not exactly. The amount of coins available doesn't relate with the price being high but it's just that bitcoins has been in the market since 10+ years and it's value started from less than 0.01. It took it years to even reach $1000 when its demand increased. Also, bitcoins are being accepted as a payment gateway now at many online stores while other coins aren't which is why the price differs.

ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 08:04:30 AM

The price of a coin is not too dependent on the total number of coins. A much larger role is played by the utility of a coin, that is, it should have a real field of usage. Coin popularization is also important.
If you are looking for coins for investment, look at those that have real applications in real life.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 09:07:11 AM

First of all, crypto is not stocks. Just remember that. Stocks is ownership of a company. It gives you dividends it even gives you voting rights if you have enough, to decide where company goes next. Crypto? Either it is decentralized and you cannot decide, or it is completely centralized but you have no say even if you are a big hodler.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 10:09:52 AM

Firstly higher demand and secondly the project has serious team backing it up and thirdly the project has real use case,there is a korean project that was released in 2018 after bear market took over but this coin manages to reach 2$ per token due to huge adoption rate in korea and of cos can't be done without the team

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 10:32:56 AM

Hey everyone I’m pretty new to the crypto currency stocks.
there is no such thing as "crypto currency stocks" since this is not stocks market. there are only coins that you directly buy.

Is the reason that bitcoins price is around 15k per coin because the demand is so high but there is only 18 million coins availiable. Is this why there are other coins which are very high in demand but is only worth 1 dollar or less because they have billions of coins so even though there is high demand there is just an abundance of coins which means price is less?
not entirely true but partly yes.
in the end it will always all come down to supply and demand. bitcoin has demand since it can be used but altcoins don't have any real demand because they are useless. for example you could use bitcoin to pay for something online or offline like in a restaurant but the only usage of an altcoin is for trading on exchanges.
with that bitcoin demand and the limited supply (it has a cap) its price goes up.
but with altcoins even if they have low supply (there are coins that have less than bitcoin's supply) their price can never go up because there is no real demand for them.

If that case is correct is there any other coins which will have potential to be worth many thousands of dollars because of high demand and low supply or was bitcoin the only real worth investment for holding because it will be the only one which multiplied from start to finish around 29000x?
the current altcoins that have been created so far have no potential of being worth any higher than this and remain high. all they could do is get pumped and then right after get dumped.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 10:35:51 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2022, 01:30:08 PM by ||bit

Because  bitcoins price is many times higher then a dollar.It's not paused up here.Their will be variation in the price daily.You just need to hold your money for the longer period then a  price will vary and get you some profit.If you keep the dollars on the bank account.It won't change for the certain period.But the crypto currency will change for the certain period.
mimi4994

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 10:43:23 AM

To answer this question you might ask why does a country need a leader to command?
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 11:53:56 AM

Price of a token doesn't mean anything.

The important thing is market cap. Market cap / circulating supply is equal to price. So that is your answer.

Market cap is even less meaningful than token price. Anyone can set the token price if they make an order and then themselves take it. Like you said it does not mean anything. But market cap is price * supply. So if you set the price, and you set the supply, like most alts do, then market cap is completely useless for most coins.

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Lexurdania

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 12:05:48 PM

The important thing is market cap. Market cap / circulating supply is equal to price. So that is your answer.

The market cap value is influenced by the price of the token and also the total supply so in my opinion the price of the token and the market cap value are interrelated and equally important. Market cap value describes the value of a project as a whole and also describes the liquidity that exists in the market

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 12:07:54 PM

If the supply is low then the value will be higher, but it is only appropriate when the market tends to rise. Currently, supply is not the main issue for a coin to appreciate because every project has a different development approach and if people invest it will be a good coin for long-term investment. I usually check a lot before investing because if that coin doesn't have stability then it's just shitcoin

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
zabir.brutov

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 04:37:17 PM

There are plenty of factors that are influencing the price of any coin. The usability in the real world, for example, so coins like ETH or BTC are used for payments in real world and coins like Monero are used for anonymous transactions, thats why in open world coins like ETH or BTC are worth more.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 12:35:24 PM

Price depends on the coin supply, that's true. But if you are treating crypto like an investment instrument, you should compare growth potential of different coins. I usually don't care what the price is or what will be, I don't care about the figures, I care about their ratio, potential ROI. Some coins may cost now 0.0001 USD and then grow to 1 USD. And BTC may grow up to 100K USD. What investment opportunity looks better in this case? Smiley

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
imoet

Activity: 322

homt.net

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 12:58:01 PM

There are so many factors that affect the coin's price. If we examine the market situation on crypto we can understand why the bitcoin is so high compare other coin's. I see that bitcoin is the legend one 😊 and very popular. It can be the main factor too.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 01:13:29 PM

If you believe that bitcoin will have a high demand form most of crypto user so just pick it and forget for a moment to find an altcoin which will have potential for the long term. In my experience when I was newbie and intend to invest on cryptocurrency I just focussed to find more about bitcoin and it was successful.

I spend at least 80% in my capital to bought bitcoin and the rest I tried to find stable coin at that time. I was feeling for the first time I came in I must avoid the lossing first, cause if I got lost I'll give up and leave cryptocurrency. However it work well fo me and I got profit from bitcoin and just a bit profit from stable coin.

After that, when I knew cryptocurrency and most important thing it the characteristic of their price and I tried to find an altcoin at the top position. Because I was feeling when the altcoin which at the top position will be choose by many people just because the user factor.
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1123

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 11, 2019, 01:13:57 PM

Make something rare and with lots of usage then maybe it could happen.

What you need are full trustworthy investors which will not sell their coins yet for as long as possible until it hits a certain amount which will be difficult to be put down again.

Remember it needs a better feature than anything in the crypto world.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄