Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:16:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ECDSA public key  (Read 226 times)
bondcoder (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 03:37:02 PM
Merited by DarkStar_ (1)

Hello, bitcointalkers! I have a problem with signing transaction in my wallet implementation.  I can not understand how I can generate public key that based on my private key. I have private key that I generated randomly with 256 bits. I read in A.Antonopulos book that we can receive point on elliptic curve from private key. I received X and Y coordinates, What I need to do with it for transforming in single string row (traditional public key)?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2019, 04:28:20 PM

Exactly same question has been asked two years back. Here a answer from a moderator.

The public key is calculated by taking the generator point G and performing elliptic curve point multiplication on it with the private key. Given private key d and generator G, you do d * G. The process for elliptic curve point multiplication is detailed on wikipedia. The curve parameters are the ones for the secp256k1 curve which are defined here (section 2.4.1): http://www.secg.org/sec2-v2.pdf

Also below article could help you understand the process,

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key  

Hope you will get solution from above.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bondcoder (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2019, 04:57:30 PM

Exactly same question has been asked two years back. Here a answer from a moderator.

The public key is calculated by taking the generator point G and performing elliptic curve point multiplication on it with the private key. Given private key d and generator G, you do d * G. The process for elliptic curve point multiplication is detailed on wikipedia. The curve parameters are the ones for the secp256k1 curve which are defined here (section 2.4.1): http://www.secg.org/sec2-v2.pdf

Also below article could help you understand the process,

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Private_key  

Hope you will get solution from above.

Thank you for your answer! It helped me to solve my problem. Grin
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2019, 06:13:00 AM

Its great to see that your problem has been solved. I will suggest you to use our forum search option before opening a new thread. In most of the cases you will be able to get your query related topics by using bitcointalks search button. Its true that our forum users are enough interested to give necessary replies to anyone's thread but you should try to get proper solution by searching here first.

To know details about forum search system you can read this topic; A Complete Guideline to use forum search button properly

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

bondcoder (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2019, 07:07:20 AM

Its great to see that your problem has been solved. I will suggest you to use our forum search option before opening a new thread. In most of the cases you will be able to get your query related topics by using bitcointalks search button. Its true that our forum users are enough interested to give necessary replies to anyone's thread but you should try to get proper solution by searching here first.

To know details about forum search system you can read this topic; A Complete Guideline to use forum search button properly

Of course! Sorry, I will search similar topics before publication.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: