Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:28:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's stopping crypto from mass adoption?  (Read 704 times)
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 12:01:19 AM

When i read your post, the first paragraph has a good point but at the end of your post I realized it is some kind of shilling.  Grin

Anyway, back to the topic.

Actually, mass adoption is starting. It's just that blockchain technology is really hard to understand by the people who are not that interested to acquire new technologies like this. We can see the development of bitcoin but there are still so many people that are not aware of how can it be used, how it works and how can it become the new payment method.

Thus, in a positive side, it is being known and the name is starting to become popular. The convenience given by this technology is great and businesses tend to started to accept bitcoin payments. It makes the mass adoption to continue.
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 12:31:07 AM

Maybe the volatility will be the problem for the mass adoption because people are afraid to pay with cryptocurrency, especially if the price is down after they receive the payment. But we have so many options of coins that we can use as the payment. We can use bitcoin, eth,  ltc, or even usdt and usdc, which will be more stable than the other coins.

Maybe that is why we need the stable coin so that we can exchange the bitcoin or the altcoin into the stable coin, and we can pay using that coin. Actually, we don't have to be afraid about the volatility because cryptocurrency can help us to prevent the volatility by using the stable coins. But the problem is people don't want to learn about how to use cryptocurrency with properly.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 01:59:53 AM

Sounds like Youtube to me.  Grin

I haven't opened the website yet but what else could we see here?
Maybe more information in text could also help.
Not all will just open a link because of too many phishing and hacks that are happening. Just an opinion though and maybe it could also boost with what you needed.

If it could really help for mass adoption then why not.
Dart18

Activity: 1400
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 02:11:46 AM

bitcoin and blockchain are complex daunting topics; cryptocurrencies themselves are not very user-friendly;

This I dont believe. I got in to bitcoin and understood it quickly. The basics are really easy.
You dont really need to go deep if you are not a miner or someone who will program it anything like that.
Just the mere basic knowledge will do.

and the cryptocurrency space has gathered a bad reputation for being filled with scams. A small mistake sending coins from your wallet can cause you to lose your money and ruin your experience.

This though is true. I saw a lot of ICO's getting messed up and also different exchange which makes it look like a hack but truthfully it could be an inside job.
The mistake of sending coins though is an error of someone who doesn't follow instructions. I do triple checks before I do it. Simply because it will be my money that will be lost.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 04:31:16 AM

Some points mentioned here like the high level of scam associated to crypto and other factors like not able to trace and retrieve funds when lost are truly retarding crypto from mass adoption.  Other vital issues are scalability issues, issue of hacks and meeting up with regulations.  We have a long way to go before mass adoption can be met.
In my opinion, the main problems, which are the main obstacles to the widespread adoption of cryptocurrency by states, are that cryptocurrency is relatively anonymous and cannot be controlled by governments. If not for this, states would have long ago legalized cryptocurrencies in their homeland. However, this process has been going on so far and many states are still pondering what to do with it. It’s good that the G-7 and European Union states have decided that cryptocurrency does not pose any threat to global financial stability. Therefore, it was simply allowed to be used as an alternative means of payment.
TokenTuber (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 06:22:41 AM

What do you mean by global partners? does this means you are looking for investors? I looked unto your website and if it doesn't mean investors.

Are you looking for contributors?

What we mean is not investor, more like contributors to spread the word and form a larger community, and we would love to reward these people for their contributions. It can be in many forms, maybe someone can spread the word with creating a video about this movement or another can put a tweet about this vision limit is sky, and later on we will make sure every single contribution is rewarded well.
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 06:25:22 AM

The crypto space is not very noob friendly: bitcoin and blockchain are complex daunting topics; cryptocurrencies themselves are not very user-friendly; and the cryptocurrency space has gathered a bad reputation for being filled with scams. A small mistake sending coins from your wallet can cause you to lose your money and ruin your experience. So, while everyone has heard about blockchain and bitcoin, people are not only unsure how to get started, they are also faced with these high barriers to entry.

TokenTuber’s mission is to lower the barriers to entry to the cryptocurrency space so that mass adoption of cryptocurrencies can be achieved. On TokenTuber you can learn and educate yourself on everything you need within the crypto space. We will hold your hand and guide you on your journey in the crypto world. Not only that, you can also earn your first cryptocurrency and trade it with absolutely no cost.

We are looking for global partners to make this vision become reality!  Feel free reach us via contact@tokentuber.com

Link to our Website: https://www.tokentuber.com
*Whitepaper is available on our website!

Hope you uploaded those videos on your site with the permission of the owners. I guess that is the right thing to do considering that you aim to make money from them with your native token.

Well, I think easy-to-understand information is very important for Bitcoin adoption. If most people learn that using Bitcoin is safe, easy, fast, and very useful, they will likely start using it.

Yes all the videos on our platform are with in guidelines of YouTube and not violating any rules or regulation. And we definitely agree with you on easy-to-understand information is core for more mass adoption and this is precisely what we are trying to achieve with this project.
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 06:34:50 AM

I agree that cryptocurrencies are still pretty difficult for newcomers, they need to understand how to create a wallet, how to store it in safe place, how to buy it and how to send it. But with upcoming custody services I believe that cryptocurrencies will become more adopted.

Precisely, we also noticed these difficulties for beginners and to resolve this problem we are using a new method to compile different source of information to create easiest and fastest ways to learn for beginners.
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 06:42:37 AM

The crypto space is not very noob friendly: bitcoin and blockchain are complex daunting topics; cryptocurrencies themselves are not very user-friendly; and the cryptocurrency space has gathered a bad reputation for being filled with scams. A small mistake sending coins from your wallet can cause you to lose your money and ruin your experience. So, while everyone has heard about blockchain and bitcoin, people are not only unsure how to get started, they are also faced with these high barriers to entry.

TokenTuber’s mission is to lower the barriers to entry to the cryptocurrency space so that mass adoption of cryptocurrencies can be achieved. On TokenTuber you can learn and educate yourself on everything you need within the crypto space. We will hold your hand and guide you on your journey in the crypto world. Not only that, you can also earn your first cryptocurrency and trade it with absolutely no cost.

We are looking for global partners to make this vision become reality!  Feel free reach us via contact@tokentuber.com

Link to our Website: https://www.tokentuber.com
*Whitepaper is available on our website!

check this scenario:

Mr A owns a store where he sells groceries. B, is a customer. He comes in and purchases groceries worth $200. B wants to pay in Eth and Mr A agrees and he receives $200 worth of Eth as payment from B. 30 minutes later, that $200 worth of Eth is now valued at $175 based on current exchange pricing. In other words, Mr A, just made a loss in sales. Next time, he won't be too keen on receiving payments in Eth again.

Fix this volatility issue first and watch as adoption grows massively

Love your example up there, yes volatility definitely is major problem in front of mass adoption, however do keep in mind in investment there is correlation called High Risk = High Profit , which is the main reason why so many people are investing in very volatile and risky assets, why he does that? because he knows he might also make lots of profit as well as he can lose all his money. In your example when Mr.A agrees to get paid in ETH probably he also knows that his 200 $ worth ETH could be 250 $ tomorrow. So my point is yes if you could reduce volatility it would be nice thing but as it is not feasible, other more feasible option is to inform people how much they can also gain if they play the game right and that playing the game right part comes with proper education before trading or doing anything with blockchain. 
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 06:46:57 AM

Categorically there are many factors that out play the use or mass adoption of cryptocurrency. Until we have resolve these issues within the industry,  mass adoption will be difficult for the industry. Regulations should be simplify to help the common man from be scam, educate the masses on how to manimize lost and how to protect against intruders while using the web wallets.

We definitely agree there are many factors, and as you mention one of them is educating masses. This is the part where we want to put our effort and hopefully resolve this issue. We also know it won't happen fast we know that it will be difficult , but we believe it is worth give a shot for the sake of blockchain and better world.  Along the way we will need every one who can give a hand to make this real, if you like to help this become a reality please do not hesitate to contact us! And way of contributing form any part of world is welcome and we will make sure your efforts are well rewarded!
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:03:39 AM

-snip-
I beg to differ. The crypto space is actually very noob friendly. Bitcoin and blockchain, both of them are not as complex as you think. The basics are very simple. You don't need to know in depth to how the technology works in order to use it. Using bitcoin is the same as using paypal. You need to make a payment? Just enter the wallet address of the user instead of his email address like you would when making a payment with paypal. Our computer is a very complex instrument. But as long as we know the basics we will be able to operate it. We don't need to know how it works in order to operate it. The same thing goes for bitcoin. You don't need to know how it works to use it.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us here, there are points where we agree with you, yes you don't have to be genius to operate the basic money transferring systems but believable us there are many out there who has no clue how to that. Also your perception of blockchain is seems very limited a tool which you can make payments with. I say this because of your paypal example, but we believe there is much more potential for blockchain rather then just a payment tool. Again you are not wrong it is also behaving as a payment solution or an investment security these are true. But there are other parts like smart contracts which allows so many possibilities for many different industries then there are other projects DApss and much more. Yes, Bitcoin is the front end of these all for now but with mass adoption of blockchain technology, not just bitcoin is going to be there solving the payment problems with blockchain technology, there will thousands of other solutions for different needs. And to achieve this goal that is why need to learn it well, study it well so we can improve it. Some may still need to learn how to make simple transaction but others will come learn how to create a new future.
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:06:33 AM

-snip-
I beg to differ. The crypto space is actually very noob friendly. Bitcoin and blockchain, both of them are not as complex as you think. The basics are very simple. You don't need to know in depth to how the technology works in order to use it. Using bitcoin is the same as using paypal. You need to make a payment? Just enter the wallet address of the user instead of his email address like you would when making a payment with paypal. Our computer is a very complex instrument. But as long as we know the basics we will be able to operate it. We don't need to know how it works in order to operate it. The same thing goes for bitcoin. You don't need to know how it works to use it.

Yeah, when I see what kind of people are actually able to use crypto, I would also think it's pretty noob-friendly.
I have friends who are the most technically inept people you'd ever meet, yet they can easily work with many different cryptocurrencies.

Sure, they run into problems occasionally, especially regarding fees with Bitcoin (back when the mempool was full), but after explaining it to them they did seem to get it eventually.

I explained the broader image on the reply above, so you can see why it is more than simple transactions. But also keep in mind that not everyone has a friend who can show a way to solve their crypto related problems. That is precisely the reason why we have started this initiative.
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:18:34 AM

There's tons of exchanges out there nowadays that are made to be extremely simple to use and accessible for newcomers to crypto as well (though KYC and various things such as KYC is one of the trickier things for most people). Some of the people I've introduced to crypto and especially Bitcoin have complained about transactions taking a while to 'process' or confirm, but that's really the main complaint I've noticed. Most wallets nowadays are also very simple to understand and are very well documented, much better than how it was in 2014 when I really started to gain an interest in crypto. We've sure come a long way from then.

Very important points you have mentioned, KYC and processing time these are definitely has to improve and yes crypto space came a long way and improved many aspects along the way and it is becoming more and more user friendly. We are hoping to boost this positive change with our initiative, we would like to make every person ready with in 1 day whether they are interested in trading or developing other technologies using blockchain. 
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:22:40 AM

Some points mentioned here like the high level of scam associated to crypto and other factors like not able to trace and retrieve funds when lost are truly retarding crypto from mass adoption.  Other vital issues are scalability issues, issue of hacks and meeting up with regulations.  We have a long way to go before mass adoption can be met.

Yes there are some practical problems which can be avoided by with proper training and education which is what we are trying to achieve and there are other core fundamental problems like you mentioned we believe these will be resolved with time too, as more and more people puts their minds together to tackle these issues one way or another there will be a solution.
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:24:25 AM

Hope you uploaded those videos on your site with the permission of the owners. I guess that is the right thing to do considering that you aim to make money from them with your native token.

Well, I think easy-to-understand information is very important for Bitcoin adoption. If most people learn that using Bitcoin is safe, easy, fast, and very useful, they will likely start using it.

He's not putting the videos on his site but linking to the original ones on youtube. Isn't that legal? It gives credit and money to original authors because whenever you click on the video you're boosting views for the author.

If he downloaded the videos and made them play on his site it would be a different thing but this way it looks legal and fair.

Yes, precisely we compile them using the original hyperlinks from original sources.
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:33:54 AM

Well, I commend you for creating this kind of video site where you link several tutorial videos in order for the viewers to know more about cryptocurrency.  It seems you are planning to pay viewers with your token that is another good thing if implemented.

Some points mentioned here like the high level of scam associated to crypto and other factors like not able to trace and retrieve funds when lost are truly retarding crypto from mass adoption.  Other vital issues are scalability issues, issue of hacks and meeting up with regulations.  We have a long way to go before mass adoption can be met.

I believe several altcoins had already addressed this scalability issue, though I also agree that we have a long way to go before we can see this mass adoption we dream of  because of several government banning crypto, and majority of the nation are not yet prepared for cryptocurrency implementation or they just don't pay attention to it.  

Thanks for your kind words. We are improving our system everyday for now we are just compiling various quality videos and putting them in order so beginner can watch, more features we will be soon implemented like quiz after watching video sequences with a reward attached to it, and course title including different videos focusing on certain level or topic and many more to come.

On the token side,this feature already active and users are already earning tokens for their upvotes and some other contributions; more other options are going to be added to encourage people to learn. 
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:42:57 AM

You have done a great work, but however I do think the crypto is to a level noob friendly, the only thing required to get started is actually to get started because there are different informations to help one kick start a good journey. This forum is here to help, there are some interesting informations on YouTube etc. On the other hand, on the issue of mass adoption, one of the issues limiting is scalabilty of the blockchain which involves speed and so on; although different steps have been taken but we need more hands on deck. Mass adoption will take place but we need to get it right by focusing on projects with great concepts.

Thank you for your compliments, we do agree there are resources available out there if you want to learn from scratch. However, how organized and reachable these sources is another question. Even if you take this forum, finding the right information among thousands of threads is a big time consuming challenge. On the YouTube side yes there are many videos but can you tell which are really there to guide  and which are there  to sell you some project. Most of the influencers are willing to say anything about any project as soon as they are paid well. As you can see the waters are not very crystal clear when it is come to learning and to clear these waters we would like to function like a filter so we can gather quality contents with people who needs these contents.   
Rikotin

Activity: 296

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:52:17 AM

In my opinion, the main problems, which are the main obstacles to the widespread adoption of cryptocurrency by states, are that cryptocurrency is relatively anonymous and cannot be controlled by governments. If not for this, states would have long ago legalized cryptocurrencies in their homeland. However, this process has been going on so far and many states are still pondering what to do with it. It’s good that the G-7 and European Union states have decided that cryptocurrency does not pose any threat to global financial stability. Therefore, it was simply allowed to be used as an alternative means of payment.

precisely in my country in central asia, that the policy in my country there is no prohibition on investing in digital currencies but the risk itself, considering that digital currency has not found a bright spot on security and that is also one of the reasons that hinder the legality in my country or consideration for making it a government financial asset.
TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 07:53:53 AM

Even the majority of exchange sites have been creating a guide to the new users to understand how crypto works and that's even a complete guide and i think your idea is not a good idea. I just try to imagine how you can compete with an active and popular exchange site.
If you don't wanna need to know deep about crypto and then you just try to know the basic like send, receive and store. that's enough for a newbie.
crypto is not a difficult thing like what you have explained. If someone wanna know and just read thousands article on internet about that.

First of all thank you for sharing your opinion with us here, we are aware that there are many guides and some of these guides are right on exchange websites. These guides can provide information on performing basic actions which are still a good thing and we support that but their ultimate goal is to pull you on their exchange so they can make some extra income from you too. Again we are not saying what they do is bad thing it is a business model and if it helps people and also help to spread the word as well then it is win win situation for everyone both for exchanges and our community. However, when we talk about blockchain as you probably already know the concept is much more broader than just some simple actions you perform on exchanges. There is something called mining, then smart contracts then dapss and then on the trader site there technical analysis and much more. When you look at the situation not just from the trading perspective but little more broader you will see the lack of tools or guides and that is the paint point we would like to tackle.

TokenTuber (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2019, 08:15:49 AM

Those who came onboard to the crypto space at first knew almost nothing about cryptocurrency, let alone knowing about the technology behind it, block chain. So in one way or the other, people still get the information needed.
From personal experience, I was a noobs when I came onboard, but I still  managed to get to where I am now without any special aid.
So @OP, how do you intend to make it simpler, for other to know and understand better.

We do agree with you on, it is possible to make a start from scratch without an aid from outside now and even back then, but real question here is, how time consuming and how difficult is the process? If you want something to get mass adopted you need to make it user friendly less time consuming, you can see this case in many different industries and with many different technologies. So our aim is to not create something that is not existing we would like reshape and make it more user friendly and faster process.

How do we want to achieve this? First of all lets look at main issues making this learning process longer and difficult.

a) There are too many sources available, which thread should I check in bitcoin talk forum to find what i need?

b) Reliability of the source, was this guide written with the intention of teaching something or just to promote project X.

c) Way we deliver the information, what are we using to deliver to information is it a 2 hours long article?

d) Lack of incentives to encourage learning.

We looked at each of these problems then we said we have to create platform where information must be filtered (Problem a) from the sources which we can trust (problem b) and it needs to be in a form where people quickly can grasp the information  (problem c) and we have to put great rewards to encourage learning (Problem d) and at the end we came up with TokenTuber. A curated video platform exclusively featuring crypto related video content with a built in token economy. Curated part helps us to filter videos and after finding the quality videos we add these videos in to our course titles such as "Beginner" " Bitcoin" etc. each course title comes with videos in a special order so you don't jump from one topic to another, later we evaluate each video and make sure video that goes under these course titles are from reliable sources and lastly we reward contribution and learning by rewarding users with our tokens for their actions.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: