Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:54:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NovaBlock, The Most Profitable Mining Pool  (Read 2173 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1821

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 11:45:15 AM

We thank everyone for the ongoing support as we look to become the top mining pool in North America.

Well looks like you didn't become the top after all and sold out to p00in Smiley

I wonder if that was a 'going broke and not enough BTC held to cover down turns in luck' as per Meni's stats I've quoted many times about PPS Smiley

Or could it have been poor statistical analysis of the mining going on with the pool, and not noticing losses that could have been avoided?
(though no pool except mine seems to do this analysis anyway)

Alas the spike in BTC value after you sold the pool seems like the sale was poorly timed.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 05:42:25 AM

The only thing that really annoyed me about this was that they just shifted all the hashrate over, instead of allowing miners to fail over to their back-up pools. I still have a few things to look over to be sure they at least sent out final payment balances but can't be sure.

Best case scenario they got a couple days free hash off me.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 6414

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 03:09:16 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2021, 03:34:15 AM by mikeywith

Well looks like you didn't become the top after all and sold out to p00in Smiley

They advertise themselves as "the top mining pool in North America" or at least that was their mission, I am pretty sure most of their clients joined them for that exact reason, another portion must have joined them because they are Non-Chinese which was a bit of a counter measurement against Chinese mining pools, and the irony is that they had to capitulate to the largest mining pool which so happened to be Chinese.

(though no pool except mine seems to do this analysis anyway)

It seems like nowadays all you need is a ton of BTC to own a large mining pool, Binance is a newbie in the mining industry, with less than a year around they managed to secure 10% of the total hashrate, it doesn't seem like the perfect code and analysis matter anymore, just own enough bitcoin to offer 1-2 months of free PPS+ payment and you end up with 16EH worth of hashrate.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 06:52:33 PM

The only thing that really annoyed me about this was that they just shifted all the hashrate over, instead of allowing miners to fail over to their back-up pools. I still have a few things to look over to be sure they at least sent out final payment balances but can't be sure.

Best case scenario they got a couple days free hash off me.

don't worry, nothing has been stolen and all payouts are accounted for. if you do see an issue... please reach out to support@poolin.com or TG support here: https://t.me/poolincommunity

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: