Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:43:56 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shakepay - Buy/Sell BTC and ETH using CAD  (Read 112 times)
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
September 13, 2019, 06:55:01 AM

I recently got around to using Shakepay - https://shakepay.co/, they have little to no presence here so I thought a discussion thread was in order. Starting off with a few general details about them.

• You have to register and perform KYC - There is the ability to auto-verify
  • Buy and Sell BTC or ETH
  • Fund your account with CAD using Email Money Transfer or Wire Transfer
  • No fees on the trade, funding or withdrawal
  • They have a referral program - 10$ for both parties if they buy 100$ in crypto

My personal experience is pretty funny. I failed the auto-verification, it was based on your profession and it was a limited list. I then must have submitted a blurry photo when doing the manual verification because that part failed. I then stopped trying for months because I believe at the time I was trying to sell some coin and found another method. Fast forward a few months to last week, I resubmitted a photo and was approved without issue.

I used the EMT for funding my account and it was instant. Took a matter of seconds to buy my BTC and the withdrawal to my wallet was smooth. I will definitely be using it again. When I used it I had to use the App for my purchase, but they have updated the website and you can do it online as well apparently. I haven't tried it out yet.

My downsides are that they do not offer the ability to buy or sell a small amount of crypto without KYC. I would also like to see another coin or two added to the list of trade-able cryptos.

Feel free to PM me if you want to use my referral for the 10$, or find someone you know using Shakepay and use theirs. Which is what I should have done

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀