Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Bugs Attack Bitcoin In their Ads  (Read 3631 times)
Bitware (OP)

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:25:04 PM

http://pro.stansberryresearch.com/1401CRDWT55/PTRWQ304/
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:40:35 PM

He sure hates Bitcoin...

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:51:22 PM

This is nothing but a glorified commercial for a bunch of financial asshats.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 06:57:11 PM

I watched the video for some 20 minutes when my browser froze. Had to restart the video but got angry that I couldn't fast-forward or something so I ended up just googling what the hell he is talking about. Apparently it's collectible gold coins.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:02:01 PM

I watched the video for some 20 minutes when my browser froze. Had to restart the video but got angry that I couldn't fast-forward or something so I ended up just googling what the hell he is talking about. Apparently it's collectible gold coins.

Thank you for the answer.  I watched about 20 minutes and got bored.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 07:05:21 PM

Don't new boxed Lego sets outperform gold coins?

agusta

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:39:41 PM

Just another Bankster. They thing they can still use this chip propaganda. I think they miss a decade or soo.
It is insult of the intelligence.   There will be more of this A……s . I guess we have to do something about users of the blockchan like this.   Might be grand them status of let say “Bankster”  that will upper each time they log in .
Of course this must be done by democratic voting process of let say 1000 users’ minimum.  I can address that to the development team.   
 Let’s make world better place!!  A

CryptoDomains

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:40:00 PM

There is one reality that cannot be escaped no matter how much I like the idea of a crypto currency.

Gold is physical, can be held in hand, has always been worth something and people happily exchange it for the things we need to survive. In the event of a SHTF scenario, it is a real insurance policy.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 07:49:34 PM

There is one reality that cannot be escaped no matter how much I like the idea of a crypto currency.

Gold is physical, can be held in hand, has always been worth something and people happily exchange it for the things we need to survive. In the event of a SHTF scenario, it is a real insurance policy.

Absolutely. But... I don't think you'd find too many people here who disparage PMs in the way the video disparages BTC. I believe PMs have a place in a diversified portfolio - partly for the "SHTF" reason you mention, partly to spread risk (BTC's volatility risk, the risk I can't access local exchanges when I need, etc). That said, I'm an expatriate worker so right now BTC plays a bigger role in my investments than PMs.

This space intentionally left blank.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:01:42 PM

The bolded are flaws as far as a currency is concerned.  People chose paper over gold and silver for the last century+ because it was easier to transport.  Now that money is digital, currencies and many financial instruments can be completely re-engineered.  However, you are correct in that gold can be a nice insurance policy just in case SHTF.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:05:32 PM

he's selling his report, and he's attacking bitcoin as the marketing angle.
Obviously, if someone invests their money in bitcoin, they can't
invest that same money into gold or whatever else... and since
he can't profit from you investing in bitcoin, he wants you to
doubt bitcoin and think 'where else should i invest'...

So everything he says you have to take with a healthy grain
of salt since he has a hidden (or not so hidden) agenda.

sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:00:04 PM

I got bored 10 seconds in and gave up.  There are no cats in the first 10 seconds.  Don't bother.
BigV

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:37:48 PM

I kept waiting for the Amway pitch.

Any time some sales drone goes on for any length of time without telling you what he is pitching, it is a scam. 
TheMage

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:57:42 PM

Any time some sales drone goes on for any length of time without telling you what he is pitching, it is a scam. 

I watched maybe 7-10 minutes of it, and realized he wasn't getting to the point. So yea....pretty much scam.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:06:19 PM

I watched maybe 7-10 minutes of it, and realized he wasn't getting to the point. So yea....pretty much scam.

It's not a scam.  He's selling a financial report... Nothing wrong with that in of itself.
Yes, he's putting a negative spin on Bitcoin...  There are other Internet marketers
who are putting a positive spin on bitcoin... and forum posters here are calling it scam too LMAO...

Not everything is a scam, just because it doesn't fit with your ideals or desires.
You don't like what he's selling, don't freaking buy it.

Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:16:38 PM

+1
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:17:38 PM

I can't believe you could stand more than 3 minutes of this blah blah, you must be quite tough  Grin

I felt like having to cut myself after a minute  Roll Eyes

Truth is the new hatespeech.
serje
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:20:33 PM

I got bored at the part that he is working for bla bla bla

and closed it!

Can someone give that site a little taste of what ddos is?Smiley

Space for rent if its still trending
TheMage

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 10:29:21 PM

I can't believe you could stand more than 3 minutes of this blah blah, you must be quite tough  Grin

I felt like having to cut myself after a minute  Roll Eyes

I was really mostly interested to see what he/they had to say in regards to crypto or BTC.  Tongue

syslog

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 10:38:50 PM

I listen 5sec.

If you give me 1BTC i can withstand this torture.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: