Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:34:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Bugs Attack Bitcoin In their Ads  (Read 3629 times)
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:26:30 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 07:46:51 PM by 7Priest7

fter watching 50+ minutes of this crap the secret investemt is: Gold coins Shocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
If he is suggesting anything based off gold, don't bother!

Gold ownership in the U.S. is a right that can and has been revoked!
Sadly the U.S. is not the only place where the government stole the peoples gold.

Gold coins were never exempt from this order.
Quote from: Executive Order 6102
forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 07:28:59 PM

I watched some video advertisement that promised some new breakthrough in computers. It went on and on for over 30 minutes (I read other articles while he droned on). Eventually, it got to the point. The breakthrough was that we were going to get rid of computers, go back to terminals, and run all of our software on server farms....LOL.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:35:27 PM

I have a theory on why gold people are not tech savy; gold people are generally from the older generation (late 40s and older). ...

Generally correct, however it's more like 60 and older.
7Priest7

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:38:04 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 07:49:41 PM by 7Priest7

Generally correct, however it's more like 60 and older.

Young enough to not have been through executive order 6102 and old enough to believe physical items can be truly owned.

Nothing that is physical can be owned, you just rent it.
BigV

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:12:34 PM

Definitely over 60 crowd.

I am a bit of a gold bug.  I firmly believe that a third of your long term security should be held in precious metals.

Back in the 90's I started buying gold and silver.  When silver topped $50 I sold a bunch off.  That silver sold for about 9 times what I paid for it.  I took that and bought bitcoin.  At that time was about $30.  I consider myself extremely lucky.  I've since bought more silver after the price dropped below $25.

When I cashed in silver the generic rounds, eagles and maple leafs all brought the same amount.  Coin dealers will try to convince you that buying government mint coins are a better investment.  That is pure B.S. to get you to pay more.  If the SHTF nobody is going to give you a premium for them.  Ounces is ounces.

Gold has no current use as a currency.  Most people out there have no idea what a 1oz coin value in USD is.  Personally I think Platinum is a better long term buy.

I used to carry some Liberty coins around with me.  Several times I used those to purchase things and they were accepted at the $10 valuation that is on them.    I still have a few as a reminder of what subterfuge the US Government is capable of.

That fact that bitcoin does not have any central control is what attracted me to it.  I learned my lesson with E-Gold.
CryptoDomains

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:31:00 PM

Definitely over 60 crowd.

I am a bit of a gold bug.  I firmly believe that a third of your long term security should be held in precious metals.

Back in the 90's I started buying gold and silver.  When silver topped $50 I sold a bunch off.  That silver sold for about 9 times what I paid for it.  I took that and bought bitcoin.  At that time was about $30.  I consider myself extremely lucky.  I've since bought more silver after the price dropped below $25.

When I cashed in silver the generic rounds, eagles and maple leafs all brought the same amount.  Coin dealers will try to convince you that buying government mint coins are a better investment.  That is pure B.S. to get you to pay more.  If the SHTF nobody is going to give you a premium for them.  Ounces is ounces.

Gold has no current use as a currency.  Most people out there have no idea what a 1oz coin value in USD is.  Personally I think Platinum is a better long term buy.

I used to carry some Liberty coins around with me.  Several times I used those to purchase things and they were accepted at the $10 valuation that is on them.    I still have a few as a reminder of what subterfuge the US Government is capable of.

That fact that bitcoin does not have any central control is what attracted me to it.  I learned my lesson with E-Gold.

Gold bug here as well, you know the old sayin " if you don't hold it, you don't own it ", that is why I shake my head at the etf's and paper gold market, firstly because no one realized they don't truly hold it and secondly the manipulation.

I still like to think of the golden rule, he owns it makes the rules Smiley
CryptoDomains

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:32:12 PM

oops dp.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:09:26 PM

oops dp.
Sorry to hear about that CryptoDomains, hope it didn't hurt...
7Priest7

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:33:13 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 09:44:40 PM by 7Priest7

Gold bug here as well, you know the old sayin " if you don't hold it, you don't own it ", that is why I shake my head at the etf's and paper gold market, firstly because no one realized they don't truly hold it and secondly the manipulation.

I still like to think of the golden rule, he owns it makes the rules Smiley

Funny stuff,
Executive Order 6102

There are three main crisis situations,
1. The government is collapsing, in which case they will enact another 6102.
2. The government spontaneously collapses, how do you eat/drink gold?
3. General Armageddon with the majority of the population dead(why will you be alive)

In situation 2 the majority of people will die during rioting/maritial law, then another big chunk will die of dehydration which has a three day time-span prior to death.
It would be at least a year before gold might come into play if you can survive/(secure your gold) that long.

In situation 3, assuming you are alive there is no logical reason to believe that Gold will have any major value in a post Armageddon world.

You are a fool to believe you can own anything in this world.
All that you have/ever have had will be taken from you eventually.
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:35:58 PM

fter watching 50+ minutes of this crap the secret investemt is: Gold coins Shocked

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102
If he is suggesting anything based off gold, don't bother!

Gold ownership in the U.S. is a right that can and has been revoked!
Sadly the U.S. is not the only place where the government stole the peoples gold.

Gold coins were never exempt from this order.
Quote from: Executive Order 6102
forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States

For exactly that reason any U.S. company advertising gold for an emergency, cannot be taken seriously. All gold purchases in the U.S. are registered; no anonymous cash purchases are possible. Guess why.

It is more renting than buying really. Go to Canada if you want to own gold.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
BitPhotos

Activity: 336

MTA, ACA

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 11:08:27 PM

Mike Palmer sure does hate bitcoin  Cheesy

CryptoDomains

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:13:18 PM

Hold on a few myths there...exempt are "collector" coins firstly. You can buy "collector" gold at spot based on condition and pay no premium if the gold is all you care about. Besides that was the US, who wants to live there lol

Secondly the old, you cant drink or eat it is true in that you cannot but many would be willing to sell food and drink for it. Likely for guns and ammunition as well.

To disregard gold as an insurance policy should shtf is foolish, it has always held value, always. $1 or $1900, doesn't matter.

I am not saying rely on it alone, I would add a water supply, guns, ammo, veggie garden etc.

One needs to be diversified, putting all in on gold or bitcoin would be crazy. I do not believe in gold or use it as a vehicle to make money, rather it is insurance, something bitcoin or any other currency cannot and has never supplied.

Did you know EVERY paper monetary system since conceived by the Romans up until now has failed eventually as well as the economy it was tied to. History shows there is NO reason to have any faith in paper and especially not electronic/internet/cryptocurrency.

Hi you are hungry, need a place to take shelter, whats that you have worthless paper, oh bitcoins you say, ok hand me them so I can go...whats that they are on a stick you say, the internet, oh you mean the one the United Nations now controls and shut down..do you have any of that you cant eat or drink stuff... gold or silver?

Hili

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:18:27 PM

"Please take 5 minutes to watch this message..."
...5 minutes...
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:21:49 PM

This is the most boring infomercial I have ever seen.

And I still don't know what the secret currency is...

7Priest7

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:40:23 PM

To disregard gold as an insurance policy should shtf is foolish, it has always held value, always. $1 or $1900, doesn't matter.
I am not saying rely on it alone, I would add a water supply, guns, ammo, veggie garden etc.
Gold/Btc/anything only has the value that someone will pay you for it.
If I have all the food/ammo, why would I pay you at all? I shoot you down and take your gold.

The only insurance I believe in, emergency preparedness supplies.
I have a very nice bug out kit, water filter, guide to edible natural plants/survival guide with plenty of natural ways to purify water, 10W solar charger, various tools.
That is my "insurance."

Stocking water makes for nasty stagnant water, canned food rots.

Stored guns/ammo may or may not work depending on how well you shield them from the environment.
Unfortunately if your idea of survival is to hide your house shooting every living soul, you will die as soon as you fall asleep.
"Live by the sword, die by the sword." or Gun in your case.
CryptoDomains

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:57:40 PM

My point is missed, the world has always seen value in gold, always.
7Priest7

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:06:01 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2014, 12:16:16 AM by 7Priest7

My point is missed, the world has always seen value in gold, always.

There has been 174,100 tonnes(383,820,860 pounds) of gold mined.

Gold's value comes primarily from hoarders of it in struggling economies.
Once the bubble finally bursts and these struggling economies collapse golds value will plummet.

There is TONNES of gold available, back in ancient times, there wasn't.

Quote from: Tonne
The tonne (SI symbol: t) is a metric system unit of mass equal to 1,000 kilograms (2,204.6 pounds) or 1 megagram (1 Mg).
mysidia

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:11:05 AM

Stocking water makes for nasty stagnant water, canned food rots.
To stock water... build a large reservoir, and filter.  Freeze dry....
Unfortunately if your idea of survival is to hide your house shooting every living soul, you will die as soon as you fall asleep. "Live by the sword, die by the sword." or Gun in your case.

This is where it would come in handy to have enough supplies not just for yourself,  but for more people,  so you can hire plenty of help  with security:  pay in gold,  or with food, water, and friendship.
Plus some solar powered security equipment ---  cameras, surveillance, etc.

I would suggest having a large enough plot of fertile land where you can grow things,  raise livestock, and you can construct robust physical barriers.....    or select a site that  is unlikely to be disturbed and has natural barriers, such as swampland around it.

Civilization can fall apart around, but if you have fertile soil -- you can still grow enough food to survive,  as long as the disaster is not a nuclear winter scenario, where sunlight is blocked out.

BTC: 1FbuJxZCeJUqrP7EpUkgMKWAmAA1M8gUBd
LTC: LbvomgbwKnqk47mWzALCDEoV8ydjxYYYpF
CryptoDomains

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:16:55 AM

Again, point is, gold is always wanted, is rare and has always had value.

If I cannot rely upon that as a financial insurance policy then Russia, China, India, supposedly the USA/UK (lies) etc are all fools for buying and stocking up on it.

I suppose your theory of what might happen to gold is far superior to 6000 years + of history and world super powers.

Ill go with the history and super powers although you are likely a smart guy, Ill hedge my bet Wink

7Priest7

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:19:56 AM

Again, point is, gold is always wanted, is rare and has always had value.

If I cannot rely upon that as a financial insurance policy then Russia, China, India, supposedly the USA/UK (lies) etc are all fools for buying and stocking up on it.

I suppose your theory of what might happen to gold is far superior to 6000 years + of history and world super powers.

Ill go with the history and super powers although you are likely a smart guy, Ill hedge my bet Wink
We all make our beds! Wink
What percentage of the 383,820,860 pounds of mined gold do you have?

Good luck to you when things do go down, I sure hope you can go months without sleep!

This is where it would come in handy to have enough supplies not just for yourself,  but for more people,  so you can hire plenty of help  with security:  pay in gold,  or with food, water, and friendship.
Plus some solar powered security equipment ---  cameras, surveillance, etc.

I would suggest having a large enough plot of fertile land where you can grow things,  raise livestock, and you can construct robust physical barriers.....    or select a site that  is unlikely to be disturbed and has natural barriers, such as swampland around it.
Having a large supply of things that starving/dieing people are desperate for.
Brilliant! I've never heard of a better way to avoid being a target.
Let us hope none of your security help has any family/friends that you couldn't/wouldn't help.

If you really want to survive, be nomadic, we as humans began as nomads, we all have it in our blood.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: